Directline Insurance renewal- saved 25% by requoting online.

Found 3rd Jan 2012
I recently received my quote for my car insurance renewal (I'm 25 with 4 years no claims) this was quoted as £810 with protected no claims.
The point is, I then went back onto the website and started my quote as if a new customer. This gave a price of £600.
I phoned them up and after the girl had checked my online quote through their system and phoned her manager and underwriters they honoured the online price.
So simply by requoting myself I got 25% off saving over £200.
Not sure whether this qualifies as a hot uk deal, but as far as I'm concerned it is very useful information
Community Updates
8 Comments
I think this is worth a mention. I cut my price from roughly £600 to roughly £450, exactly what you said as 25%
I go through this process every single year with Direct Line. I get my renewal through, often more expensive than the year previous. I go online, get a better quote from them, then call them and they sort it out for me. Only takes an hour or so, still pretty annoying though, and I bet most people don't bother and just cough up the full renewal figure.
Always same different company but hastings always cheaper requoting then taking a renewal plus then get the chance of cashback
Same always happens to us with Elephant/Admial/Diamond group, just do a new quote with everything same except door number, phone them up and they match it
cr*p wish I read this 2 months ago Never thought of doing a new quote with them doh!!
Banned
thought everyone realised you should never accept the renewal quote on all insurances these days oO
csiman

thought everyone realised you should never accept the renewal quote on … thought everyone realised you should never accept the renewal quote on all insurances these days oO

Exactly, been doing this for years.
Original Poster
Well most, but worth pointing out for those who don't!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants