Groups

Directory Inquiries

Banned
    Hello

Can you you still get free landline phone numbers like the old directory inquiries use to be, with name and address? If so can anyone help with a phone number?

Thanks

12 Comments

similarly, if you have a landline number how do you get the address please ?

jonnithomas

similarly, if you have a landline number how do you get the address … similarly, if you have a landline number how do you get the address please ?

​I'm not sure that this can be done in the UK.

To get an address from a phone number:
    Dial the number. Ask the person who answers where they are.

I used to work for Directory Enquiries and they won't give you an address from a number, it goes against all sorts of data protection laws

Can you look it up in a telephone directory?

postmang

Can you look it up in a telephone directory?

lol, might be quite a lot to read

Cakeboy79

I used to work for Directory Enquiries and they won't give you an address … I used to work for Directory Enquiries and they won't give you an address from a number, it goes against all sorts of data protection laws

yes, I know. I used to have software that you put in the number and out popped the address unless ex directory. think it's called reverse directory. sadly it stopped working after windows xp.

DrPangloss

To get an address from a phone number:Dial the number. Ask the person who … To get an address from a phone number:Dial the number. Ask the person who answers where they are.

yes and then find it's the idiot from down the pub that you don't want to talk to or ex gf that's moved etc etc.

Just Google the number with & without spaces it often brings up results.

liamf12

​I am amazed at this! Many years ago you could ask the operator but I thought that had been stopped. I just googled my number and my address did indeed come up. We did run a business from home but that was 17 years ago.

liamf12

possibly if it's a company
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions