Dirty Screen Effect (DSE) on TV's..

Found 13th Sep 2017
Just got a Panasonic 58dx750b . good enough TV but does suffer a bit from Dirty Screen Effect.. as my last TV was a plasma, its something I'm not used to or liking.

is this something thats on every LCD tv nowadays and should I put up with it or send it back? its only really notiicable when watching football or playing PES 2018.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Sounds like either the anti reflection filter is wonky or dust got in there some how. Have you tried bias lighting the area around the TV to see if it tricks your eyes into ignoring it.

Original Poster

You tried changing picture settings?
avforums.com/rev…550
Video half way down has recommended settings.

Original Poster

Tried it. Picture is tweaked to.perfection.

makershaker30 m ago

Tried it. Picture is tweaked to.perfection.

What's your room lighting like ?

Original Poster

A bit dark to be honest

makershaker2 h, 22 m ago

A bit dark to be honest

Get a lamp or leds strip to reflect light on to the wall behind the tv. It will allow your eyes to relax and give you better colour, contrast and deeper blacks.

Original Poster

kester7618 m ago

Get a lamp or leds strip to reflect light on to the wall behind the tv. It …Get a lamp or leds strip to reflect light on to the wall behind the tv. It will allow your eyes to relax and give you better colour, contrast and deeper blacks.

Would that really work?

makershaker11 m ago

Would that really work?

Yeah, your eyes adjust to the ambient lighting in the room. The brighter the room the better your eyes process light. That's why currys etc have such bright lights in their show rooms and also the reason most people complain of light bleeding on displays because they're watching them in an dark environment.

Also helps with eye strain as your pupils aren't adjusting from a dark to light. Remember that your eyes lose colour definition in dark environments.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions