Disable Emergency Calls on Mobiles

Found 14th MayEdited by:"tmohammad"
I have an old Alcatel feature phone (Model 2045x non touch screen). I loaded a few MP3s onto it, removed the SIM card and gave it to to a grandchild to get some me time!

Apparently its still possible to make 999 calls on it as we found out!!!

Is there a way of disabling this? Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
See if it has a 'aeroplane mode' in the profiles menu option.
Sadly, there is not...

However, even when I try it on my Android phone thats in Airplane Mode, It turns it off and makes the call!!!!
tmohammad3 m ago

Sadly, there is not... However, even when I try it on my Android phone …Sadly, there is not... However, even when I try it on my Android phone thats in Airplane Mode, It turns it off and makes the call!!!!

Oh, that is smart of them to make it do that.

Last resort, open up the phone and 'snip' the antenna.
SUMMONER21 m ago

Oh, that is smart of them to make it do that. (shock)Last resort, open up …Oh, that is smart of them to make it do that. (shock)Last resort, open up the phone and 'snip' the antenna.

Funny you say that... I had thought of doing that, but I dont think I'm techy enough to do it!
Remove the battery
What would happen if you Sim block it? Almost as if it had been reported stolen, assuming you’ll never use it as a phone again
Oneday771 h, 44 m ago

What would happen if you Sim block it? Almost as if it had been reported …What would happen if you Sim block it? Almost as if it had been reported stolen, assuming you’ll never use it as a phone again

Doesn't make a difference, emergency calls will still work. You'd need to hardware disable the antenna but even then there's a fleeting chance it could work (unlikely though).
Disable the 9 button?
melted4 h, 2 m ago

Disable the 9 button?

possibly and the 1.... as 112 would still work!
Edited by: "tmohammad" 15th May
Spend a few quid on a dedicated mp3 player
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants