Disappointed Black Friday for Phones

Posted 29th Nov
Anyone else disappointed by the ‘good’ details on offer this year? Hardly any mobile phone deals, it’s been pretty much the same for the last couple of weeks. In terms of what is being offered, nothing special for Black Friday. I’ve maybe even seen cheaper before this week.
Last year there was massive deals. Black Friday 2019 worse one yet.
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Yes!!!
Yep I’ve actually seen stuff much more expensive than a few weeks ago being highlighted as a limited time deal. Good job I bought early lol
You think this is it ? Or can we get splash deals throughout the day today ?
Don't know if it was black Friday deal, but Xiaomi Pocophone went for little over 160£ on Amazon until it got sold out minutes later. That deal for me was one of the best I have seen this year. Other than that there is nothing special.
Meh, if nothing comes up will wait and see on Monday......
Yeah. Very frustrating! Been holding out for a decent iPhone 11 on O2 offer and nothing really. Think we’ll hold out til Monday..
39184243-Eg6pa.jpg
Nicniss29/11/2019 12:18

Yeah. Very frustrating! Been holding out for a decent iPhone 11 on O2 …Yeah. Very frustrating! Been holding out for a decent iPhone 11 on O2 offer and nothing really. Think we’ll hold out til Monday..

Wait a year and get a 5g one. No point buying a 4g one at that price unless they sell it for £200.
The early by 8 days Black Friday deal at O2 which they pulled in one day on the P30 Pro, and iPhone XR were fantastic.
cmdr_elito29/11/2019 13:14

Wait a year and get a 5g one. No point buying a 4g one at that price …Wait a year and get a 5g one. No point buying a 4g one at that price unless they sell it for £200.

What’s 5G going to drastically improve that 4G can’t handle? 4G streams everything I need...
Nicniss29/11/2019 12:18

Yeah. Very frustrating! Been holding out for a decent iPhone 11 on O2 …Yeah. Very frustrating! Been holding out for a decent iPhone 11 on O2 offer and nothing really. Think we’ll hold out til Monday..

Same here. I was holding out for a decent 11 deal. Maybe would of even considered a 11 pro if it was anything like last years. But nothing even close. Now I’m in two minds if I should go for the current deals or wait around and risk losing all deals. Does anyone recall any offers last year on Cyber Monday ??
I have an old iPhone 6 that is on borrowed time, it’s been difficult holding out this long to be honest so waiting a while longer just isn’t an option!

Yeah the £75 upfront/£37pm O2 on mobiles.co.uk is my front runner so far. Might hold on til Monday and see what happens but don’t want to risk losing out on that deal. It’s not great but it’s not terrible either?

Yes the pulled O2 deal was great but the one day I wasn’t watching this app was the day it popped up typical!
andychelt29/11/2019 14:05

What’s 5G going to drastically improve that 4G can’t handle? 4G streams eve …What’s 5G going to drastically improve that 4G can’t handle? 4G streams everything I need...

Just resale value. 4g handsets will be hard to sell in a couple of years time onwards meaning you get less cash when buying a new phone. Happened when 4g came out with 3G phones....
hitherematey29/11/2019 14:08

Same here. I was holding out for a decent 11 deal. Maybe would of even …Same here. I was holding out for a decent 11 deal. Maybe would of even considered a 11 pro if it was anything like last years. But nothing even close. Now I’m in two minds if I should go for the current deals or wait around and risk losing all deals. Does anyone recall any offers last year on Cyber Monday ??

Exactly the same here! I was waiting for a Pro on a similar offer to last years XS. SFA!

I’m not going to rush to pick one of these offers, I’m waiting till Cyber Monday. or bust!
cmdr_elito29/11/2019 18:28

Just resale value. 4g handsets will be hard to sell in a couple of years …Just resale value. 4g handsets will be hard to sell in a couple of years time onwards meaning you get less cash when buying a new phone. Happened when 4g came out with 3G phones....

Meh, I expect the full roll out of 5G and for it to become mainstream, to take longer than a 2 year phone contract.
Nicniss29/11/2019 14:13

I have an old iPhone 6 that is on borrowed time, it’s been difficult h …I have an old iPhone 6 that is on borrowed time, it’s been difficult holding out this long to be honest so waiting a while longer just isn’t an option!Yeah the £75 upfront/£37pm O2 on mobiles.co.uk is my front runner so far. Might hold on til Monday and see what happens but don’t want to risk losing out on that deal. It’s not great but it’s not terrible either?Yes the pulled O2 deal was great but the one day I wasn’t watching this app was the day it popped up typical!

Why not the Voda £33pm + 99upfront
andychelt29/11/2019 18:40

Meh, I expect the full roll out of 5G and for it to become mainstream, to …Meh, I expect the full roll out of 5G and for it to become mainstream, to take longer than a 2 year phone contract.

I only change mine every 4 years
Last couple of years has not been great but I have to say this year has been a real stinker. A new low.
hitherematey29/11/2019 18:41

Why not the Voda £33pm + 99upfront

I have an awful signal in my house unfortunately so Vodafone isn’t an option. I’ve always been happy with 3 but also struggling for signal with them since we moved here.
We got a load of free sims online to try the best signals, and O2 was the only one with a decent one. So our hands are tied unfortunately! Other half needs a phone too and also wants the 11
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants