Disappointed with black Friday

Found 24th Nov 2017
So I was hoping to finish all the Xmas shopping today but no real reductions on things in my basket today!! last year was amazing I got so much on black Friday.
I have got a lot in the lead up to today but looks like the deals were better this week than they are today ... Disappointed!
still have a fairly big list:/
here's hoping there are further reductions through the day
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Agree with uour comments, such a letdown
Yep mate really annoyed I waited for Black Friday, some of the items I’m after were cheaper in October, even with the crappy discounts today. But I held on till now! Disappointed.
41 Comments
Agree with uour comments, such a letdown
Yep totally agree. In fact the flights I was looking for have increased so am really disappointed. Check this article from Which?

which.co.uk/new…ls/
Yep mate really annoyed I waited for Black Friday, some of the items I’m after were cheaper in October, even with the crappy discounts today. But I held on till now! Disappointed.
I'm waiting for all this scam to be over before doing my Christmas shopping
Don't believe the HYPE ......
deleted265520
If you want an Xbox One Slim then you're spoiled for choice. Not much else though
TV deals are not good. 2 out of 3 were cheaper yesterday.
"When marketing goes bad" Beware the men in pointy shoes.
Its been years since there were proper discounts on goods.

You wont see decent deals return until the economy begins to recess, then you can release the cash!
The only thing I was looking for that has dropped is the Fire TV stick, and even that is being price fixed by Amazon.
Some good deals at Smyths.
Just came on misc to voice the same opinion, but at least I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the co-op sony xe90 deal a few weeks ago. The Shopto Xbox One S deals from a few weeks back were also much better than any current one.

To me it just seems that these offers are driven by the manufacturers and not really by the retailers, as the prices are the same all around. There isn't a single retailer who's coming out with many great deals and Amazon seems to have more interest in their Prime day.
We ain't American anyway roll on the Jan sales
Very poor indeed. Prime day was by far better!
If hukd is anything to go by - black Friday is a gamers wet dream. I've lost interest as every other deal is either a console or a game deal, something I'm not in the market for.

For anybody else, it's very poor indeed. Only things I've bought are baby related, and even those aren't the cheapest they've ever been!
Having waded through the pages of deals, very few register interest.

The fact that this 1 day event is now being stretched across weeks also makes it far less interesting.

Just give deals across the year at regular intervals if retailers really want to keep more people bargain hunting.

This is the first year that I have bought absolutely nothing and can't be bothered to wade through any more junk to find the odd diamond in the rough.
BigTimeDealer54 m ago

Very poor indeed. Prime day was by far better!

when was prime day I must have missed this
aliceb841 m ago

when was prime day I must have missed this

Amazon Prime Day, around July. I got some really good discounts.
Loads of Black Friday emails with little of interest or real deals, little of interest on HUKD unless you like gaming, so going to give my business to my local shops rather than the online mega stores.
I bought a new TV last week with the backup plan of cancelling and buying any mega bargains today. So far nothing interesting and no discounts of anything i wanted. If this is what Black Friday is then it is all smoke and mirrors and just more marketing shite.
BenLoco3 h, 27 m ago

Just came on misc to voice the same opinion, but at least I'm glad I …Just came on misc to voice the same opinion, but at least I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the co-op sony xe90 deal a few weeks ago. The Shopto Xbox One S deals from a few weeks back were also much better than any current one. To me it just seems that these offers are driven by the manufacturers and not really by the retailers, as the prices are the same all around. There isn't a single retailer who's coming out with many great deals and Amazon seems to have more interest in their Prime day.

Out of curiosity, was that the XE9005? What did you pay for it a few weeks back?

Doesn't look like I am buying a TV today The only thing I've bought was a few Hue bulbs, that I promised myself to cheer myself in case there was no TV. The price was exactly what I thought it would be, no better. Not that exciting.

Black Friday is like a slow burning depression today, the longer it goes on, the more I realise no deals are coming, the more sad I get.

118luke1 h, 10 m ago

If hukd is anything to go by - black Friday is a gamers wet dream. I've …If hukd is anything to go by - black Friday is a gamers wet dream. I've lost interest as every other deal is either a console or a game deal, something I'm not in the market for.For anybody else, it's very poor indeed. Only things I've bought are baby related, and even those aren't the cheapest they've ever been!

Not for me. They're all on disc (yuck), it's most Wolfenstein over and over. Or collectors editions that no one ever really wanted, but at £15 people go, eh why not. Plus I swore I would buy no more games till I secured a TV. But I guess that's neither here not there.
Meh I found a few deals.
"pointy shoed man"- Lets screw the customer to the point sales just start to level out and screw our workers to the point of them starting to leave and screw our wholesalers and manufacturing with contracts of pure decietfull evil then we can get as much money as possible for ourselves and the shareholders.
not a great "happy" plan is it.
MSK.15 m ago

Out of curiosity, was that the XE9005? What did you pay for it a few …Out of curiosity, was that the XE9005? What did you pay for it a few weeks back?Doesn't look like I am buying a TV today The only thing I've bought was a few Hue bulbs, that I promised myself to cheer myself in case there was no TV. The price was exactly what I thought it would be, no better. Not that exciting.Black Friday is like a slow burning depression today, the longer it goes on, the more I realise no deals are coming, the more sad I get.Not for me. They're all on disc (yuck), it's most Wolfenstein over and over. Or collectors editions that no one ever really wanted, but at £15 people go, eh why not. Plus I swore I would buy no more games till I secured a TV. But I guess that's neither here not there.

Yeah, 55XE9005 from co-op @ £1079 with free soundbar and £54 in store credit. Pretty good considering the offerings today.

This Panasonic seems like one of the better value deals at the moment, although not as good as the 9005:

hotukdeals.com/dea…499
BenLoco3 m ago

Yeah, 55XE9005 from co-op @ £1079 with free soundbar and £54 in store c …Yeah, 55XE9005 from co-op @ £1079 with free soundbar and £54 in store credit. Pretty good considering the offerings today.This Panasonic seems like one of the better value deals at the moment, although not as good as the 9005:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/panasonic-58ex700b-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-58-with-freeview-play-slim-metallic-bezel-switch-design-adjustable-stand-silver-ultra-hd-certified-599-john-lewis-2838499

Wow, that's a ton better than it is today. Very well played Thanks for the info, it's helpful to know there have been better deals.

Definitely, it deserves some serious consideration.
MSK.1 h, 6 m ago

0% claimed, I wonder …0% claimed, I wonder why:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Comfortable-Smiling-Prevent-Barking/dp/B01K6NOYY8/

Cos they're s**t?
Shengis2 m ago

Cos they're s**t?

That was my thinking. I can't think of anything much worse to buy from Amazon.
there is Cyber Monday coming
splender1 m ago

there is Cyber Monday coming

Meh
anyone manage to find any TV deals today?
Much anticipation but a complete let down, especially where top end sim free mobile phones are concerned.

Funny thing is my wife was looking at boots in Clarks, she paid £120 last week for a pair and was thinking she'll return them providing there was a decent BF discount. They played the usual trick of increasing the prices so now £150, and lopped off 20% today, well do the math, same price as she already paid!
Edited by: "IndyS" 24th Nov 2017
hotsausages23 m ago

anyone manage to find any TV deals today?

No.
I’d have to agree, looking for a TV to replace my 3 year old Panasonic 50” although nothing wrong with it and no real need I just want a BIGGER more features one.

Hey Ho, maybe the Cyber Monday will reveal something interesting, Black Friday isn’t what it used to be, agree it’s for Steaming gamers, Rainforest Warriors although I did treat myself to a newer version of the Fire Stick. Still waiting patiently for a MEGA deal on a 55” plus TV.

howevrr I do hope a few people have gotten what they have been after, still early though.

HUKD
IndyS9 m ago

Much anticipation but a complete let down, especially where top end sim …Much anticipation but a complete let down, especially where top end sim free mobile phones are concerned. Funny thing is my wife was looking at boots in Clarks, she paid £120 last week for a pair and was thinking she'll return them providing there was a decent BF discount. They played the usual trick of increasing the prices so now £150, and lopped off 30% today, well do the math, same price as she already paid!

Should've been £105 after 30% off. Not much but still a £15 saving.
BenLoco5 m ago

Should've been £105 after 30% off. Not much but still a £15 saving.

sorry typo 20% off
I'm also really disappointed, especially with Ryanair.

I had my flights ready to book on Tuesday at £5 each. Forgot to do it, so thought I'd wait until the big day (today). They had gone up to £14.99, £27.99 and £37.99 respectively today. No discount whatsoever.

Hoping that they go back down on Cyber Monday as I've booked everything else for my trip away!
Eden003229 m ago

I'm also really disappointed, especially with Ryanair. I had my flights …I'm also really disappointed, especially with Ryanair. I had my flights ready to book on Tuesday at £5 each. Forgot to do it, so thought I'd wait until the big day (today). They had gone up to £14.99, £27.99 and £37.99 respectively today. No discount whatsoever. Hoping that they go back down on Cyber Monday as I've booked everything else for my trip away!

Eden003229 m ago

I'm also really disappointed, especially with Ryanair. I had my flights …I'm also really disappointed, especially with Ryanair. I had my flights ready to book on Tuesday at £5 each. Forgot to do it, so thought I'd wait until the big day (today). They had gone up to £14.99, £27.99 and £37.99 respectively today. No discount whatsoever. Hoping that they go back down on Cyber Monday as I've booked everything else for my trip away!

I hope you're joking
Cr0m20 m ago

I hope you're joking

Probably should add that I've booked everything else, with free cancellation. But I might be able to sort it out now tbh. Looking at alternatives, etc.
Eden003244 m ago

Probably should add that I've booked everything else, with free …Probably should add that I've booked everything else, with free cancellation. But I might be able to sort it out now tbh. Looking at alternatives, etc.

Good luck, try Skyscanner.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions