Groups

Disc Partitioning Question?

Banned
    i have a WD 500GB Mypassport external drive, it has 2 partitions one for backups from my pc and one for backups of my wiigames.

my question is how can i reduce my wiigames partition size and add it to my pc backups without losing any data?

7 Comments

I'm 95% sure it can only be done with TP software such as Partition Magic.

But don't hold me to that..!
    Edited by: "robjamuk" 1st Apr 2011

partition-tool.com/per…htm

i can recommend using that,its free and really easy to use.
    if your using vista or 7 it has a built in disk management programme but its a bit of a faff to use.
    Edited by: "quizmaniac" 1st Apr 2011

Original Poster Banned

quizmaniac

http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htmi can recommend using that,its … http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htmi can recommend using that,its free and really easy to use.if your using vista or 7 it has a built in disk management programme but its a bit of a faff to use.

thanks will probs use that or PM, i wont lose any data on the current partitions will i?

if you use the link i provided no, it shows which parts of the disc u have data on in yellow and your free space is in white,just don't touch the yellow parts :).

Original Poster Banned

quizmaniac

if you use the link i provided no, it shows which parts of the disc u … if you use the link i provided no, it shows which parts of the disc u have data on in yellow and your free space is in white,just don't touch the yellow parts :).

thanks

Original Poster Banned

sadly wont work because of the type of partition wiibackups use, so il have to back up onto pc then shrink and delete data and do it the long way by the looks of it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32177
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414090
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764372
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846232

See more discussions