disclosure scotland Q?

does anyone know if a motoring conviction goes against you on this? thanks :-)

10 Comments

no it doesnt-has no bearing on your suitability to work with children.

Original Poster

barky;6094847

no it doesnt-has no bearing on your suitability to work with children.

i already have one through my work but this is for my sons friend to come over and stay with us and because he is not at home shall we say we have to be checked both me and hubby and he has a motoring conviction went to court got a fine and a ban so i wasnt sure how this worked as he has nothing else and has never had anything apart from this and i dont want to embarrass my son :oops:

It might depend if the ban was for something serious, like drink driving?

better to let them know than not say at all

Original Poster

i dont see how driving would affect it as i assume it would be something that would directly affect a child?

Original Poster

cribert;6095070

better to let them know than not say at all

i will put it down i wouldnt do that but i just checked the forms and there is a helpline number

wulshaz;6095079

i dont see how driving would affect it as i assume it would be something … i dont see how driving would affect it as i assume it would be something that would directly affect a child?

Indeed, but the nature of the conviction would potentially raise alarm bells regards suitability to work with kids - as it would reflect on the individual.

Banned

yes it does show up on your disclosure
dont think it will go against you as it is not a serious crime ie like assault etc

Original Poster

i know it shows up but what i wondered was certain things have no reflection on having a relationship with the children whether it be working with them or like this them visiting

Why did your hubby get a ban, if you don't mind my asking?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1111
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846070
    3. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders44
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763843

See more discussions