Discord community for Armed Forces, Serving and Veterans

Posted 25th Dec 2019Edited by:"T2000Bill"
Stripey Cat Discord
Hi
Not sure if this is allowed but a friend of mine has created a community for armed forces serving and veterans to be able to chat and talk with like minded people, I will let his intro explain.

Tyger
Stripey C@t is a discord community, setup by a British Army veteran which provides signposting and advisory services for serving members of HM Armed Forces and her veterans. It also opens its doors to community members from across the world who have donned a uniform and done their countries bidding. Physical and mental health (UK) signposting, 1:1 mentoring or advisory services or open chat with like minded individuals can sometimes go a huge way to combating the 'Black Dog' or loneliness. Discord enables and facilitates 'communication' - the first step to dealing with problems.

3373986.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
No political chat as per HUKD rules, sorry
MadeDixonsCry25/12/2019 17:21

No political chat as per HUKD rules, sorry

It's not political it's a help site and if it's not allowed I'm sure HUKD will take it down, thanks for your feedback.
T2000Bill25/12/2019 17:42

It's not political it's a help site and if it's not allowed I'm sure HUKD …It's not political it's a help site and if it's not allowed I'm sure HUKD will take it down, thanks for your feedback.

"Armed forces serving and veterans" are or have engaged in war in one form or another. War is, by definition, political. If they don't take it down it simply means they either didn't see it, or are turning a blind eye and therefore have double standards.

Enjoy the rest of your life.
MadeDixonsCry25/12/2019 17:46

"Armed forces serving and veterans" are or have engaged in war in one form …"Armed forces serving and veterans" are or have engaged in war in one form or another. War is, by definition, political. If they don't take it down it simply means they either didn't see it, or are turning a blind eye and therefore have double standards. Enjoy the rest of your life.

Whatever, if it stays it stays, can't see the harm in supporting people that fight for their country.

You do also realise there is an Armed Forces Discussion group don't you, should anything related to Armed Forces be taken down then as discounts and deals for armed forces are in your eyes political?
Edited by: "T2000Bill" 25th Dec 2019
T2000Bill25/12/2019 18:11

Whatever, if it stays it stays, can't see the harm in supporting people …Whatever, if it stays it stays, can't see the harm in supporting people that fight for their country.You do also realise there is an Armed Forces Discussion group don't you, should anything related to Armed Forces be taken down then as discounts and deals for armed forces are in your eyes political?

My eyes don't count bill, I didn't make the rules.
MadeDixonsCry25/12/2019 17:46

"Armed forces serving and veterans" are or have engaged in war in one form …"Armed forces serving and veterans" are or have engaged in war in one form or another. War is, by definition, political. If they don't take it down it simply means they either didn't see it, or are turning a blind eye and therefore have double standards. Enjoy the rest of your life.

The military are sent to war by the electorate, not the squadies! You have some cheek criticising them for following YOUR orders.
The link goes to a Gaming app on Google Play ???
Doug_25/12/2019 20:14

The military are sent to war by the electorate, not the squadies! You have …The military are sent to war by the electorate, not the squadies! You have some cheek criticising them for following YOUR orders.

I don't vote. Not my orders. And I'm not criticising anyway, I'm just saying that it is a political subject and the HUKD rules forbid politics.

Learn to read.
Bingstroller25/12/2019 20:26

The link goes to a Gaming app on Google Play ???

It is an app but it opens up the Discord community page.
MadeDixonsCry25/12/2019 20:59

I don't vote. Not my orders. And I'm not criticising anyway, I'm just …I don't vote. Not my orders. And I'm not criticising anyway, I'm just saying that it is a political subject and the HUKD rules forbid politics. Learn to read.

Well we will let HUKD decide shall we, anyway it's a help site for PTSD and family issues, is that a bad thing??

Easy cop out, I don't vote, not my issue, I may not myself agree with war but as said they don't have a choice where they are sent, regardless of views they should be supported, it's why you can sleep soundly at night.
Edited by: "T2000Bill" 25th Dec 2019
Thanks for making people aware of this and hopefully it will help those who really deserve our help and gratitude.

I'm sorry you have been subjected to comments such as "learn to read" and a sarcastic "enjoy the rest of your life".
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions