Groups

Disco's Quiz

hope you all dont mind, but doing a quiz next tuesday night, so wondered if I can test you lot on my questions..........

11 Comments

Original Poster

Television / Nostalgia
    1. Who were the first 2 presenters of the famous children's TV programme Blue Peter?
    2. “Now then, now then, now then!” Jim’ll fix it for you... In which year was “Jim’ll Fix It!” broadcast?
    3. Was does T.I.S.W.A.S stand for?
    4. Who played Tucker Jenkins & Suzanne Ross in the original Grange Hill (1980’s)?
    5. In which German town was the first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet set?
    6. On which fictional island was Thomas The Tank Engine set?
    7. Which member of the Royal Family made a guest appearance on the show, A Question of Sport?
    8. David Hasselhoff starred in this series as Michael Knight, alongside K.I.T.T in Knight Rider.
    What does K.I.T.T stand for?
    9. The scarecrow, better known as Worzel Gummidge (aka John Pertwee) lived on which farm?
    10. What was the name of Penelope Pitstop’s Car in Wacky Races?

This one is a " local" knowledge, but see how many you can get!

1. What connects the song “Fog on the Tyne” and “Holy Island”
    2. There are 60 of what, in Tyne & Wear?
    3. Which is the largest town or city between Edinburgh and Leeds?
    4. To the nearest thousand, how many people passed through Newcastle International Airport last year?
    5. Tyne & Wear is made up of how many districts?
    6. Auf Wiedersehen Pet sees a bunch of builders dismantle the Tees Transporter Bridge. What does Auf Wiedersehen and the band a member of Dire Straits have in common?
    7. Which North East Castle was used in the filming of “Harry Potter & the Philosphers Stone”
    8. In July 1997 Sunderland AFC’s new club crest was unveiled. What local landmark/s can be found on the clubs crest, and what does the motto “Consectatio Excellentiae” translate to in English. (3)
    9. Which German town, is twinned with Sunderland?
    10. How long to the nearest mile is Hadrian’s Wall?
    11. In which year did Roker Pier open?
    12. On 17 July 2005, 1700 naked participants gathered in Newcastle and Gateshead all in the name of art. They were naked for their entire journey, except for one stage. Where did they have to wear clothing? (Location not body part!)
    13. Lifted into place in February 1998, the Angel of the North stands 20 metres high with a wingspan of how many metres.

Television / Nostalgia
    1. Who were the first 2 presenters of the famous children's TV programme Blue Peter? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Christopher Trace and Leila Williams[/COLOR]2. “Now then, now then, now then!” Jim’ll fix it for you... In which year was “Jim’ll Fix It!” broadcast? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]1975[/COLOR]
    3. Was does T.I.S.W.A.S stand for? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Today Is Saturday, Watch And Smile[/COLOR]
    4. Who played Tucker Jenkins & Suzanne Ross in the original Grange Hill (1980’s)? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Todd Carty and Susan Tully[/COLOR]
    5. In which German town was the first series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet set?
    6. On which fictional island was Thomas The Tank Engine set? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Sodor[/COLOR]
    7. Which member of the Royal Family made a guest appearance on the show, A Question of Sport?
    8. David Hasselhoff starred in this series as Michael Knight, alongside K.I.T.T in Knight Rider.
    What does K.I.T.T stand for? [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Knight Industries Two Thousand[/COLOR]
    9. The scarecrow, better known as Worzel Gummidge (aka John Pertwee) lived on which farm?
    10. What was the name of Penelope Pitstop’s Car in Wacky Races?

This one is a " local" knowledge, but see how many you can get!
    4. To the nearest thousand, how many people passed through Newcastle International Airport last year?
    6. Auf Wiedersehen Pet sees a bunch of builders dismantle the Tees Transporter Bridge. What does Auf Wiedersehen and the band a member of Dire Straits have in common? [COLOR="darkorchid"]Geordies[/COLOR]
    7. Which North East Castle was used in the filming of “Harry Potter & the Philosphers Stone” [COLOR="darkorchid"]Alnwick castle[/COLOR]
    8. In July 1997 Sunderland AFC’s new club crest was unveiled. What local landmark/s can be found on the clubs crest, and what does the motto “Consectatio Excellentiae” translate to in English. (3)
    12. On 17 July 2005, 1700 naked participants gathered in Newcastle and Gateshead all in the name of art. They were naked for their entire journey, except for one stage. Where did they have to wear clothing? (Location not body part!)
    13. Lifted into place in February 1998, the Angel of the North stands 20 metres high with a wingspan of how many metres [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]54 metres[/COLOR]

Oh go on...someone else answer some!

TV
    1. Christopher Trace and Leila Williams
    2. 1975
    3. Today Is Saturday, Watch And Smile
    4. Todd Carty and Susan Tully
    5. Hamburg ?
    6. Sodor
    7. Princess Anne
    10. Compact Pussycat

Scatterbrook Farm

Lindisfarne

Metro Stations

Newcastle in population (Carlisle in area, weirdly)

6. Auf Wiedersehen Pet sees a bunch of builders dismantle the Tees Transporter Bridge. What does Auf Wiedersehen and the band a member of Dire Straits have in common?
    7. Which North East Castle was used in the filming of “Harry Potter & the Philosphers Stone”
    Bamburgh? or maybe Alnwick? (or even Durham?)

Central Station?

13. Lifted into place in February 1998, the Angel of the North stands 20 metres high with a wingspan of how many metres.
    54 (wiki'd)

Local

Qstn 5 - 8 ?
    Qstn 8 - Penshaw Monument & Wear(something) Bridge. Phrase means In Pursuit Of Excellence
    Qstn 10 - Around 80. 83 ???

I reckon 5 is 5

Original Poster

good answers so far, a couple wrong though. I'll leave it til 11pm tonight and post correct ones! keep going

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3581769

nice quiz, too hard for me tho' even the local ones, i only knew the … nice quiz, too hard for me tho' even the local ones, i only knew the Harry Potter one! and that's only cos i live there:p

you live in berwick! :whistling: ;-)

Original Poster

right, just in case we use the full quiz at my local on tuesday, I will not post the answers as yet, as I know a few people look at the HUKD forum
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213632
      2. First 2 lucky people.77
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1223
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831532

See more discussions