Discount codes from employees (possibly disgruntled employees)

Found 24th Jul 2012
Just wondered if this would be a good place for disgruntled employees to post generic discount codes for the services their companies provide.

I am currently searching for the best deal on home insurance and looking for discount code for either the AA home insurance, swinton.

Also looking for discount for Sheila's wheels for my lasses new A1
Community Updates
26 Comments
Sooooo you want the benefits but do not wish to work for the company?

http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/2/2a/Hypnotic.gif
Many discount codes are attached to payslips etc, and are not generic.
aircanman

Many discount codes are attached to payslips etc, and are not generic.

and the generic ones WILL be out there already if OP dares to enter the internet to search.
Original Poster
Ok the reason I asked is I have a discoun code for orange and Tmobile for 40% off all their plans over £36 and any phone and wondered if people have these kind of codes. I have looked already for codes and have found nothing so far
i can see a claim being denied if you had to claim
Original Poster
Really it would be used only on the checkout to pay for it
The Orange F&F codes can only be used a few times and then they expire (about 12 I think?), the employee has to wait for his/her code to refresh at the start of the next year before it'll work again.

If you're talking about codes for partner company's, then they only work in a store and you have to show your current pay slip to prove you work for that company...
Original Poster
A bike for £9.99 lol
thecoldstreamer

Ok the reason I asked is I have a discoun code for orange and Tmobile for … Ok the reason I asked is I have a discoun code for orange and Tmobile for 40% off all their plans over £36 and any phone and wondered if people have these kind of codes. I have looked already for codes and have found nothing so far

Care to share?!
i just got buildings and contents insurance from sheilas wheels and it was about 140 quid a year cheeper than my old insurance and i got Free Home Emergency & Family Legal Protection (first year and online customers only)
Original Poster
So far managed to get down to £29 for home and contents with the aa
The T-Mobile/Orange friends and family discount is valid until the contract ends after the employee leaves the company. If the employee stays employeed at Everyhing Everywhere the discount doesnt expire. Unless you were lucky to get the discount where its 50% off for life before they changed to Everything Everywhere.

You get 5 dicsounted lines a year for friends or family.... I havent used one yet
Original Poster
I have used all mine every year. get friends of friends to give me a little cash for me to put the discount on for them
When it was for life that was fine. Then they found people selling them so reduced it down from an unlimited amout a year to just 5 and now it only lasts until the person leaves, I dont really see the point. Each to their own.
Original Poster
They reduced it when they stopped allowing the discounts on the website and being too greedy. It's £36 or over on orange and £31 or over on Tmobile. How weird is that?
What do you mean stopped allowing discounts on the website? The discounts for friends and family is allowed on a contract which is anything over £20 a month as long as the contract is 24 months and £30 if 18 months.
Original Poster
Remember when you put your discount code via the website now you don't. It has to be done on the intranet at work, also it's gone up to £36 a month and over on 24 month contracts recently
Entering the discount on a website was a long time ago. The details of the discount on the intranet show the discount is still available for PP which are £20 or more. Thankfully, the old ones can still be used for mobile broadband. The new ones cant be which is a pain.
Original Poster
Hmmm still not as good as it was though. Still good if you want unlimited minutes, texts and 1gb with an iphone4s for £21.60 per month. I did it through top cashback and got £151 cashback also
The minimum for an iphone tariff is £31 a month before discount but then the phone price is fairly high. Not checked as have 6 lines all on half price for life. Thats a good deal, until you leave but then there are plenty of others around then. I got a new wi fi dongle E586 and 10gb download limit a month for £7.50. Thankfully have a business line and they pay my day to day bill so dont need to worry about that.
Where are you based?
Original Poster
Used to be nt1 now in doxford
Not heard of NT1 but know Doxford. Im based in Hatfield
Original Poster
Nt1 is oranges site
Lasses new A1, personally if you can afford to buy one of those you can pay to insure it properly.
Original Poster
Yes but we all like a deal and I think £220 fully cOmp is too much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants