Expired

Discounts / offers for Teachers

Found 24th Jan 2014
Does anyone know of any offers / discounts for teachers?!
Thanks
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
i think learning assistants or pupil support assistants should get the discounts if there are any, they are the ones who do all the hard graft and the teachers take all the credit. L.A or PSA do all the prep, assist the more demanding children and do ALL the cleaning and the marking and filing
Don't know of any - never heard of any.
Banned
yea you will get some in july!!
Original Poster
LJM

Don't know of any - never heard of any.

Thank you for your reply :-D
People are always waiting to jump in with the harsh comments. Like a pack of wolves. This is the hukd COMMUNITY but there is no sense of community.
And nope, not really sure of discounts for teachers but no doubt someone else will know.
Original Poster
speedy2014

People are always waiting to jump in with the harsh comments. Like a pack … People are always waiting to jump in with the harsh comments. Like a pack of wolves. This is the hukd COMMUNITY but there is no sense of community.

Thank you so much for your lovely reply! I don't understand why people have to reply with horrible comments when its not even answering the question. It is just upsetting the person who has wrote the post. Thanks again for your nice reply
laudora8

Thank you so much for your lovely reply! I don't understand why people … Thank you so much for your lovely reply! I don't understand why people have to reply with horrible comments when its not even answering the question. It is just upsetting the person who has wrote the post. Thanks again for your nice reply

It can be very upsetting. Ignore it.
I see it as a form of bullying. Cowardly people making unnecessary comments from behind their computer and phone screens. 
All the best to you laudora8.
laudora8

I agree that teaching assistents should get discounts because they work … I agree that teaching assistents should get discounts because they work very hard too, just like teachers do! This post was about discounts and offers not about jobs. Just like people who work for the NHS get discounts just thought teachers might want to know whats avaliable to them.

Assistents?

Really?
speedy2014

It can be very upsetting. Ignore it.I see it as a form of bullying. … It can be very upsetting. Ignore it.I see it as a form of bullying. Cowardly people making unnecessary comments from behind their computer and phone screens. All the best to you laudora8.

You've just thrown your toys out of the pram because people didn't agree with you.
I'm a teacher at an FE college, as such I have a .ac.uk email address and can get associated discounts at places like unidays (£5 Spotify) and software4students etc.
Original Poster
sancho1983

Assistents? Really?

This was predictive text I should have checked before I posted but I didn't. I really don't see why you have to pick on things this post has no interest to you at all so why comment
Edited by: "laudora8" 26th Jan 2014
laudora8

This was predictive text I should have checked before I posted but I … This was predictive text I should have checked before I posted but I didn't. I really don't see why you have to pick on things this post has no interest to you at all so why comment

I think you'll find it did have an interest to me. Check post 11.
Original Poster
sancho1983

I think you'll find it did have an interest to me. Check post 11.

Well maybe write nice comments so it doesn't upset people. There was no need for such comments
penniesinmypocket

i think learning assistants or pupil support assistants should get the … i think learning assistants or pupil support assistants should get the discounts if there are any, they are the ones who do all the hard graft and the teachers take all the credit. L.A or PSA do all the prep, assist the more demanding children and do ALL the cleaning and the marking and filing

I take it you're taking the pee?

So a teacher who has to plan for all the children, mark all of their work and ultimately be accountable for their progress (good or bad) doesn't do as much as the TA who turns up and maybe sets a few bits up for the lesson then helps with 1 group or 1 child?

I've never known a school where the TA does the marking.

I've been both a TA and a teacher, a teacher is probably 5 times the workload of being a TA with a lot more responsibility involved.

Don't get me wrong I value my TA and the work she does is fantastic but to try and say that they do all the work while the teacher takes the credit is simply ridiculous.
laudora8

Well maybe write nice comments so it doesn't upset people. There was no … Well maybe write nice comments so it doesn't upset people. There was no need for such comments

Are you new to the Internet?

I was pointing out a mistake you'd made, I think that was pretty tame to be honest
Original Poster
sancho1983

Are you new to the Internet? I was pointing out a mistake you'd made, I … Are you new to the Internet? I was pointing out a mistake you'd made, I think that was pretty tame to be honest

No i'm just new to people being so negative
laudora8

No i'm just new to people being so negative

Never had a negative parent and parents' evenings?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions