Groups

Discussion for R4 + M3 etc

Seeing as the hot deal thread is expired, it is out of stock at DX and is actually sold through volumerate now, that thread should be left to drop out of the way

i bought many R4's and sold most on and kept one, bought 2 firecards and a M3 Real. All received with no problems at all.

45 Comments

i have opened a dispute with paypal against volume rate
    my r4 has been showing as posted on the 25/11/07 but have not received anything emailed them twice theygave me a tracking number but nothing showing

Original Poster

ilovepink

i have opened a dispute with paypal against volume rate my r4 has been … i have opened a dispute with paypal against volume rate my r4 has been showing as posted on the 25/11/07 but have not received anything emailed them twice theygave me a tracking number but nothing showing

thats not good, my M3 was tracked as posted on the 27/11 and it came last thursday i think it was

[SIZE="3"]M3 DS REAL V2.7D INSTALLER (with Moonshell & PDA)[/SIZE]

Contains V2.7D, Moonshell, PDA and a placeholder for your ROMs

Just select your MicroSD card and it will install.

download.yousendit.com/857…CD6

[SIZE="3"]M3 DS REAL V2.7D INSTALLER (with Moonshell)[/SIZE]

Contains V2.7D, Moonshell and a placeholder for your ROMs

Just select your MicroSD card and it will install.

yousendit.com/tra…215

[SIZE="3"]R4 DS V1.13 INSTALLER [/SIZE]

Not to leave out you R4 users!

Just select your MicroSD card and it will install. You can put your ROMs anywhere.

download.yousendit.com/221…3C5

M3 DS Real Pics

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6609/mdsr1kt9.th.jpg
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1210/mdsr3xq5.th.jpg

horstachio quick questions. I read that homebrew must be in root to be auto dldi patched, true? if so can it be esited to another dir? does the m3 have the exact same gui as g6 real? is it worth getting this over supercard ds one? finally do m3 update like supercard do?

ganon

horstachio quick questions. I read that homebrew must be in root to be … horstachio quick questions. I read that homebrew must be in root to be auto dldi patched, true? if so can it be esited to another dir? does the m3 have the exact same gui as g6 real? is it worth getting this over supercard ds one? finally do m3 update like supercard do?

(tried to submit this reply many times, but site is slow)

You are right, homebrew should be in the root directory of the memory card. That's why for example the Moonshell
    bootloader resides on the root.

GUI is more or less the same. Consider the M3 DS Real an expandable G6 Real (G6 Real has non upgradeable onboard memory). Between them, the M3 DS Real is better as you can expand capacity and if the memory went, then you would not need to replace the whole cartridge. On the whole, they are both Slot 1 solutions with no need for a superkey etc.

Supercard is a Slot 2 solution and needs a superkey. I would go for a good slot 1 solution with good future prospects (ie SDHC support). That leaves you with the matured CycloDS, the new M3 DS Real but is becoming proven and is updated regulary or the brand new DSTT (too new to evaluate).

Go for a CycloDS or a M3 DS Real, and get a Sandisk 4gb SDHC. Make sure you get a genuine Sandisk as the fakes do not work too well. If not, get a 2gb Sandisk. Or even an Integral 4gb SDHC from Japan :thumbsup:

Looking at the DSTT, it does not look good. Looks subpar in comparison to the CycloDS/Real...comments on it over at other places dont look good.

Banned

Ordered 2 M3 Real from DX about 10 days ago. The other items ordered at the same time (though different orders to different addresses - to avoid customs) were posted a week ago.

Had an email 3 days ago to "update me" and say they should be being shipped in 3 days - but could cancel if I wanted to! How nice of them! Still showing as "in stock" on the site and was showing on my order as "awaiting supplier" - until tonight when its changed to "processing".

Guess thats a Christmas gift thats unlikely to turn up in time!!!

ok i dont know if im doing something wrong
    using m3 real,got my sd 2gb card today. formatted sd card, put the system file onto sd card, put some nds games into nds folder. put m3 real card with sd card into ds lite, nothing happens the main menu comes up with no ds card inserted. am i meant to do anything else?

Original Poster

shanz172000;1344202

ok i dont know if im doing something wrongusing m3 real,got my sd 2gb … ok i dont know if im doing something wrongusing m3 real,got my sd 2gb card today. formatted sd card, put the system file onto sd card, put some nds games into nds folder. put m3 real card with sd card into ds lite, nothing happens the main menu comes up with no ds card inserted. am i meant to do anything else?

i guess you could check the contacts otherwise maybe a faulty card?

shanecr;1344362

i guess you could check the contacts otherwise maybe a faulty card?

what contacts should i be checking i have no clue?

i am getting the feeling that my m3 card is bloody faulty!! why does it keep happening to me! first my previous sd card doesnt work, i have to patiently wait for another one, when it arrives my m3 card doesnt work!! aaaargggggggggghhhhhhhh

Try cleaning the contacts with Acetone/Nail varnish remover/WD40 and blow inside the cart.

The only other thing is that you have put the folders in the wrong place. Not sure if it would still attempt boot without folders in right place though. Try the installer I made above to be sure.

horstachio;1344501

Try cleaning the contacts with Acetone/Nail varnish remover/WD40 and blow … Try cleaning the contacts with Acetone/Nail varnish remover/WD40 and blow inside the cart. The only other thing is that you have put the folders in the wrong place. Not sure if it would still attempt boot without folders in right place though. Try the installer I made above to be sure.

ok i have just blown into the the cart and its working!!! yeah!! i used the installer that you put up as well, thankyou so much for that!! :):thumbsup:

The "blow" method has been the staple cartridge saver for as long as I can remember, from C64 cartridges to Gameboy to N64

so if i want tp put music into the card, do i put them in the moonshell folder or can i make a seperate folder for them? and do i make seperate folder for homebrew games?

Original Poster

horstachio;1344533

The "blow" method has been the staple cartridge saver for as long as I … The "blow" method has been the staple cartridge saver for as long as I can remember, from C64 cartridges to Gameboy to N64

lol Amen to that!!

shanz172000;1344613

so if i want tp put music into the card, do i put them in the moonshell … so if i want tp put music into the card, do i put them in the moonshell folder or can i make a seperate folder for them? and do i make seperate folder for homebrew games?

You can put them anywhere you want, you browse to them anyway.

The "games" go in the NDS folder, i put a placeholder in the installer so you should see it.

still ain't got mine delivered yet. Doubt i'd get it by christmas :x

hey guys !

I brought a M3 DS real on monday and it arrived yesterday, realised my micro card i had for my sony phone does not fit so brought a 4GB memory card on ebay, (expected tomorrow) What do i need to do now?

I wanted to put all my games i have on one memory card, is this possible ? What else can i do with it? I heard you can use msn messenger on it, is this correct. Im such a newbie at all this..

ladykara1001;1345508

hey guys !I brought a M3 DS real on monday and it arrived yesterday, … hey guys !I brought a M3 DS real on monday and it arrived yesterday, realised my micro card i had for my sony phone does not fit so brought a 4GB memory card on ebay, (expected tomorrow) What do i need to do now?I wanted to put all my games i have on one memory card, is this possible ? What else can i do with it? I heard you can use msn messenger on it, is this correct. Im such a newbie at all this..

Yeah, M2 is Sony's propietory form factor..See my earlier post with the links to the installers I made. Get one of them and it makes your job a little easier.

You can yes, you can also IRC and run other 3rd party apps. ndshb.com/ is a good place to start (note this is not a link illegal ROMs)

ROMs go into the NDS folder, and homebrew go in the root of the card. Make sure the card you get from eBay is genuine, a lot of MicroSD cards around are fake and can hinder performance.

Edit: More homebrew at the bottom of handheldsources.com/M3D…tml. Personally, I fail to see the point of using the DS Lite as a web browser etc as a fan of huge screens, but may be good for young ones perhaps.

Original Poster

in regards to a messenger, what works? i got someting but it wouldnt load at all. started with a B.

shanecr;1345900

in regards to a messenger, what works? i got someting but it wouldnt load … in regards to a messenger, what works? i got someting but it wouldnt load at all. started with a B.

beup. IIRC, put it in root, setup Wifi settings in another WFC ROM (eg Mario Kart) and it can use those settings. Not used it before but did read about it back when I had a M3 Simply. Make sure you have 0.3e

horstachio;1344746

You can put them anywhere you want, you browse to them anyway.The "games" … You can put them anywhere you want, you browse to them anyway.The "games" go in the NDS folder, i put a placeholder in the installer so you should see it.

thankyou for all your help!! have managed to get quite a few games up and running now:thumbsup:, need to explore it properly now!:)

Original Poster

horstachio;1345922

beup. IIRC, put it in root, setup Wifi settings in another WFC ROM (eg … beup. IIRC, put it in root, setup Wifi settings in another WFC ROM (eg Mario Kart) and it can use those settings. Not used it before but did read about it back when I had a M3 Simply. Make sure you have 0.3e

i will double check for 0.3e, but otherwise i done as you said.

There's a new card out at DX, "TTDS/Top Toy DS"
    looks promising, supports SDHC out of the box, comes with rumble pack and is the cheapest one I've seen yet!

hotukdeals.com/ite…ew/

Now I just need to find 2 DS Consoles lol

arcsbite;1346741

There's a new card out at DX, "TTDS/Top Toy DS"looks promising, supports … There's a new card out at DX, "TTDS/Top Toy DS"looks promising, supports SDHC out of the box, comes with rumble pack and is the cheapest one I've seen yet!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/125349/top-toy-ds-ttds-for-ninteno-ds-new-/all/all/new/Now I just need to find 2 DS Consoles lol

I already mentioned it before, see hotukdeals.com/ite…t=7. It's also known as a DSTT in some circles. I'd still pick a M3 Real as no game specific menus. I will get one anyway to compare loadtimes, like I have done for the M3 Real versus R4 DS.

at that price it beats out the M3 for those just wanting a cheap back up player for this kids though.
    I am familiar with the R4 but not the M3, thought they were comparable, will look further into the M3 Real, thanks

It does sound good for the price I have to say. SDHC support for cheap, as you said great for kids and bungling partners :: whistles ::. Ill get one to compare to the M3 Real at some point.

Banned

horstachio;1341332

[SIZE="3"]M3 DS REAL V2.7D INSTALLER (with Moonshell & … [SIZE="3"]M3 DS REAL V2.7D INSTALLER (with Moonshell & PDA)[/SIZE]Contains V2.7D, Moonshell, PDA and a placeholder for your ROMsJust select your MicroSD card and it will install. http://download.yousendit.com/857419D65A699CD6

Ive got 2 M3Real's on the way. Is this what I should use (rather than the supplied disc)

When you say "install" do you mean install from windows - or simply transfer the folders and files?

Also - do all roms sit in the root DIR and cant sort them by category for instance?

Ta

guv;1347792

Ive got 2 M3Real's on the way. Is this what I should use (rather than the … Ive got 2 M3Real's on the way. Is this what I should use (rather than the supplied disc)When you say "install" do you mean install from windows - or simply transfer the folders and files?Also - do all roms sit in the root DIR and cant sort them by category for instance?Ta

The zip file contains an installer. All you do is select the drive letter of your MicroSD card and it will install to it. It's just like any installer you have used to isntall software.

The disk, if you get one, will be out of date. Disks with peripherals is silly as they are out of date in an instance, eg PC Components.

You put the roms in the NDS folder that I created a placeholder for in the above. It should work with subfolders, but you may need to boot them through Moonshell. Not tried this and I cannot until tonight/tommorrow. Putting it in one looks better I think in the menu.

Banned

horstachio;1347979

The zip file contains an installer. All you do is select the drive letter … The zip file contains an installer. All you do is select the drive letter of your MicroSD card and it will install to it. It's just like any installer you have used to isntall software.

OK cheers.

You put the roms in the NDS folder that I created a placeholder for in … You put the roms in the NDS folder that I created a placeholder for in the above. It should work with subfolders, but you may need to boot them through Moonshell. Not tried this and I cannot until tonight/tommorrow. Putting it in one looks better I think in the menu.

Ive gone for the M3Real because of SDHC support and intend to use with a 4GB card. Using a 1GB card on a R4 ATM gives quite a list to scroll down. Id imagine one 4 times the size will be a lot worse! Not really sure how I would categorise - but would be good. The cards ordered were only (finally) shipped today, so unlikely to arrive before xmas I would think! So if you are able to try subs to check, Id be grateful (though wil find out in due course anyway I guess!!!)

I'll check it tonight, didn't bring my DS with me. The Real game browser list is quite good I think. Would post pictures but it may be against the rules..

Got my M3 up and running fine using installer :). Just wondering how you get back to the M3 menus from in game? Switching off is a pain and sure this was mentioned somewhere?

Also has anyone tried US roms on this? Do they work?

Original Poster

mikeyp;1370857

Got my M3 up and running fine using installer :). Just wondering how you … Got my M3 up and running fine using installer :). Just wondering how you get back to the M3 menus from in game? Switching off is a pain and sure this was mentioned somewhere?Also has anyone tried US roms on this? Do they work?

all roms work, and i believe there is a soft reset option which you would need to set before accessing a game.

I've decided to get the M3 real - where is the best place to get hold of one ?

Also, any decent links for 4GB cards (Ebay being my last option)

Cheers guys

Original Poster

£16.99 for a 4gb Micro sd is cheap in my book ]http//ww…tml

Doh !

Out of stock

How are DealXtreme for reliability?

I ordered a Toptoy DS from them.

Banned

karl2008;1436397

How are DealXtreme for reliability?I ordered a Toptoy DS from them.

Well i hope they are good as i've ordered 3 M3 Reals. It said dispatched on 7/1/2008 via EMS so hopefully i shall be receiving them soon.

Good job my Birthday isn't til mid Feb, I only want the basic DS lite, but none in stock anywhere !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …239764
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…917
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2447
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846307

See more discussions