ebay.co.uk/itm…2MA

I purchased 1L a couple of months ago always average around £5 to £7

3427087-WrfQg.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

22 Comments
Report it. Ebay have clamped down on this, see their front page
Paid £5 delivered for 500ml the other week and 1l was only about £2 more at the time.
what option do you select to report, I can't find the price gouging one
Just don't buy, and buy from any reasonable sellers.
£10 + £4 delivery for only 50ml @ 70% here: ebay.co.uk/itm…644 - that's about 21 pence worth of solvent at normal prices.

Although it does come in a handy spray bottle!

There are also ebayers selling 70% ipa sprays with no moisturiser to stop it drying out your hands as antiviral hand sanitiser, and even claiming it is better than gel, which it is not.

I did also see a few listings offering 5 litres of 99% stuff for £11 with free delivery last night, which at that price, has got to be a con.

edit: some 5L bottles are selling for under £6 delivered now!
Edited by: "melted" 25th Mar
There’s far too much demand and maybe his stock level is low but it shouldn’t go that much up in price . Avoid and shop somewhere else
splender24/03/2020 10:44

Just don't buy, and buy from any reasonable sellers.

They are all at it. I sent a polite message asking why a extreme increase as I buy often for my work.

No reply
My usual bulk supplier has been cleared out, fortunately I've still got a drop left in my last 5l tin. Best price I can find to collect is about £16 per litre, although I have found some delivered for slightly less.

Years ago we used to be able to get most solvents dirt cheap from a little old fashioned corner hardware store on the outskirts of town, bring your own bottle and he'd fill it up, he even added cellulose thinners when my father asked for it. Sadly trading standards made him stop.
Edited by: "melted" 24th Mar
Report it. Note the seller name, never buy from them again, even if they return to normal prices after the lockdown.
Ebayers always do this when no stock, seems harsh to report IMO, they point of not closing a listing is because it will lose the viewing and ranking in search results, and the amount sold
Gumbon25/03/2020 07:32

Ebayers always do this when no stock, seems harsh to report IMO, they …Ebayers always do this when no stock, seems harsh to report IMO, they point of not closing a listing is because it will lose the viewing and ranking in search results, and the amount sold

Not harsh at all. If you run out close listing or add 0 stock. Not over price!!!! It's not a small increase either is total profiting.
melted24/03/2020 10:47

I did also see a few listings offering 5 litres of 99% stuff for £11 with …I did also see a few listings offering 5 litres of 99% stuff for £11 with free delivery last night, which at that price, has got to be a con.edit: some 5L bottles are selling for under £6 delivered now!

I bought a 5L bottle for £11 + P&P which was supposed to be delivered to day. I checked on eBay and they have now closed their account. Oops!
Edited by: "fablanta" 25th Mar
fablanta25/03/2020 12:53

I bought a 5L bottle for £11 + P&P which was supposed to be delivered to …I bought a 5L bottle for £11 + P&P which was supposed to be delivered to day. I checked on eBay and they have now closed their account. Oops!

eBay closed the account or the seller closed it?
andrewworrall125/03/2020 13:11

eBay closed the account or the seller closed it?

40184291-xzr21.jpg
It doesn't really indicate who.
Edited by: "fablanta" 25th Mar
athunder24/03/2020 10:39

what option do you select to report, I can't find the price gouging one

I found it under 'restricted and prohibited items'. I had reported a £66,000 listing of toilet paper and eBay did NOTHING about it!
Gumbon25/03/2020 07:32

Ebayers always do this when no stock, seems harsh to report IMO, they …Ebayers always do this when no stock, seems harsh to report IMO, they point of not closing a listing is because it will lose the viewing and ranking in search results, and the amount sold

Don't be so naive. The inflated price is nothing to do with having no stock.
Edited by: "deeky" 25th Mar
fablanta25/03/2020 13:16

[Image] It doesn't really indicate who.

Maybe the seller closed the account so you can't return the item if there's an issue?
CAL2325/03/2020 13:19

I found it under 'restricted and prohibited items'. I had reported a …I found it under 'restricted and prohibited items'. I had reported a £66,000 listing of toilet paper and eBay did NOTHING about it!

Yeah I found that option when reporting toilet rolls but I can't seem to find it for the alcohol products
andrewworrall125/03/2020 13:26

Maybe the seller closed the account so you can't return the item if …Maybe the seller closed the account so you can't return the item if there's an issue?

That would seems like overkill for just stopping returns. I've reported it as, item not delivered, so I should get my money back.
CAL2325/03/2020 13:19

I found it under 'restricted and prohibited items'. I had reported a …I found it under 'restricted and prohibited items'. I had reported a £66,000 listing of toilet paper and eBay did NOTHING about it!

For £66,000 you'd better be getting several full warehouses of toilet roll.
fablanta25/03/2020 12:53

I bought a 5L bottle for £11 + P&P which was supposed to be delivered to …I bought a 5L bottle for £11 + P&P which was supposed to be delivered to day. I checked on eBay and they have now closed their account. Oops!

Ebay now seems to be almost awash with such listings, do fraudulent sellers actually get their hands on the money, I thought paypal delayed releasing the funds to stop this sort of thing?
melted25/03/2020 13:42

Ebay now seems to be almost awash with such listings, do fraudulent …Ebay now seems to be almost awash with such listings, do fraudulent sellers actually get their hands on the money, I thought paypal delayed releasing the funds to stop this sort of thing?

Interesting. A while ago I sold some games and got an email from PayPal saying eBay requested a delay on my funds (which I still got in the end). Maybe I got flagged as a fraudulent seller even though I'm not? I don't have to wait for the payment anymore though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants