Groups

Dishonored 2 Limited dlc problem

Not much of a gamer so wonder if anyone can advise - recently sold a factory sealed copy of this game but the buyer has written to say he did not receive a code or any means to be able to obtain the dishonored definitive edition with the copy of dishonored 2. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

14 Comments

was it pc or other and where did you buy from?

Original Poster

NotNickCave

was it pc or other and where did you buy from?

Was for PS4 and purchased sealed from Shopto

a look on google suggests that you may be able to see that the definitive edition is either purchased separately or listed as free. login and check shopto on your purchases. It might be a key in there perhaps. I have no personal experience myself but hope it helps.
    Edited by: "NotNickCave" 5th Jan

Original Poster

NotNickCave

a look on google suggests that you may be able to see that the definitive … a look on google suggests that you may be able to see that the definitive edition is either purchased separately or listed as free. login and check shop 2 on your purchases. It might be a key in there perhaps. I have no personal experience myself but hope it helps.

Checked the account but I have no dlc codes associated with my account. Anyone have this game at all that can help?

Edited by: "whizzkid" 5th Jan

if all else fails, contact shopto, just ask what is the procedure to get the definitive first game and go from there.

whizzkid

Checked the account but I have no dlc codes associated with my account. … Checked the account but I have no dlc codes associated with my account. Anyone have this game at all that can help?

I have the Collector's Edition, but I'd expect the position to be the same - the code came on a paper insert inside the case.

Original Poster

Illusionary

I have the Collector's Edition, but I'd expect the position to be the … I have the Collector's Edition, but I'd expect the position to be the same - the code came on a paper insert inside the case.

That's what I'd have expected. So not sure if he's trying it on or not? With a sealed copy of the game I can't imagine it would be missing.

whizzkid

That's what I'd have expected. So not sure if he's trying it on or not? … That's what I'd have expected. So not sure if he's trying it on or not? With a sealed copy of the game I can't imagine it would be missing.

Have you asked the buyer to check the inserts?

Original Poster

Illusionary

Have you asked the buyer to check the inserts?

Yes. He says there wasn't any insert for the definitive game download

whizzkid

Hmmm... in that case, your best bet is probably to contact ShopTo for comment.

whizzkid

​are you sure he isn't lying

kingk123

​are you sure he isn't lying

if it was sealed there was nothing more that could have been done as a seller. The buyer obviously doesnt dispute this so chose to break the seal and as far as I'm concerned accepted the purchase. If the code is on a card or printed on disk whatever then I dont think shopto would do anything more either as it is unsealed and they wouldnt have codes to hand out. If he demands a refund i would demand a sealed game returned first, sod 'em.

NotNickCave

if it was sealed there was nothing more that could have been done as a … if it was sealed there was nothing more that could have been done as a seller. The buyer obviously doesnt dispute this so chose to break the seal and as far as I'm concerned accepted the purchase. If the code is on a card or printed on disk whatever then I dont think shopto would do anything more either as it is unsealed and they wouldnt have codes to hand out. If he demands a refund i would demand a sealed game returned first, sod 'em.

...which would most likely lead to a "not as described" dispute being raised in short order, with eBay likely finding in the buyer's favour if it went to them to decide.

The liability remains with the seller here, I'm afraid.

Illusionary

...which would most likely lead to a "not as described" dispute being … ...which would most likely lead to a "not as described" dispute being raised in short order, with eBay likely finding in the buyer's favour if it went to them to decide.The liability remains with the seller here, I'm afraid.

Yea I get so worried selling on eBay because of that. The problem is they cannot send the game back in same condition.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions