Expired

dishwasher

Found 22nd Mar 2007
Just paid 60 quid to a plumber to be told I need a new dishwasher:-( . Probably a semi integrated, a good quality dishwasher, we are a family of 5 and it gets a lot of use. Our previous one lasted 10 years. I believe neff is the same as bosch?
I would appreciate any recommendations please. I need to buy asap.
Thank you very much.

15 Comments

What budget have you got in mind?

Our local asda seem to hold a selected stock of these now... reasonable prices too...

Original Poster

I need a good reliable dishwasher, 450 pounds would be reasonable, I suppose. I wonder if they include installation, though.
Thanks

This looks a good buy ]click Bosch,triple A rated,semi integrated,various wash temps etc £381.99 + £16.95 for delivery.
There is a discount code for £15 off (PR15) bringing it down to £383.94.

Having a look at the Dixons website there is some info re installation for £17.99,however i am not sure that this would cover an integrated appliance.
Fixing a dishwasher to the plumbing etc is quite easy,only cold water fill and wastepipe,I did mine ok(and I am a girl!) but that was a freestanding appliance.I am sure with the help of a mate you could manage to fit it yourself,as far as I know semi integrated means that the control panel is showing,you just need to fix the panel to the front of the machine.

Hope this helps

Banned

Miele are offering 10 years parts & labour on their dishwashers at the moment. Complete peace of mind.

Original Poster

Thank you

I have a manual on Dishwashers if your interested I could scan and mail relevant pages to you. It's a haynes manual similar to the ones you get for cars. Managed to sort mine out using it.
What's the symptoms ? Did he tell you what was wrong with it ?

Original Poster

thanks for the offer mrtootough, something to do with the mor leaking and anti floor switch not working, which meant the electrical components have been inmersed in water!!!

Original Poster

I will not bother with trying to get it repaired, mr tootough, but thank you for your time.

Glo

I will not bother with trying to get it repaired, mr tootough, but thank … I will not bother with trying to get it repaired, mr tootough, but thank you for your time.

10 years is good for a dishwasher,especially one used a lot......probably not economical to repair in all honesty!

Had a quick look for some miele d/w but they seem to be in excess of your budget unfortunately:-(

I'd follow muckypup's advice and go for the Bosch...they are excellent.

Go for a Bosch - you get a 2 year guarantee. Got ours from John Lewis and unbelievably they were nearly the cheapest.....

look at coopelectricalshop.co.uk

I bought a fridge freezer from them and they were cheaper than argos.

I also bought my dishwasher from Marshall Ward but I had a discount code so we got it for £150 for a slimline.

Don't forgot to use your quidco

mrtootough

I have a manual on Dishwashers if your interested I could scan and mail … I have a manual on Dishwashers if your interested I could scan and mail relevant pages to you. It's a haynes manual similar to the ones you get for cars. Managed to sort mine out using it.What's the symptoms ? Did he tell you what was wrong with it ?

Can you help me with my dishwasher pleeeeeeeeeasse?!?! It's a BOSCH and its become very noisy this week, I have had someone out to it and he said it was the motor (he only listened to it, he didn't take it apart and look) and he gave me a quote of nearly £200 to replace the motor :shock:

eclairlou

Can you help me with my dishwasher pleeeeeeeeeasse?!?! It's a BOSCH and … Can you help me with my dishwasher pleeeeeeeeeasse?!?! It's a BOSCH and its become very noisy this week, I have had someone out to it and he said it was the motor (he only listened to it, he didn't take it apart and look) and he gave me a quote of nearly £200 to replace the motor :shock:

Will dig out the manual and have a look and scan the relevant pages. Can you PM an e-mail address. £200 sounds alot to replace the motor. but if the motor is the part that's damaged, then that is the only solution. The manual that I have is not specific to any particular make.
Post a comment
@
    Text