dishwasher help

Found 14th Sep 2017
Hi hukd'ers

I would really appreciate some advice regarding a dishwasher.

I have never owned one, and I'm looking to get one. I have a large family and need something that is going to last, clean the pots well and also dry them enough to be able to put them straight away.

Could anyone please help me find something that will be suitable, and not huge on the expense side. A decent quick wash is highly needed, other than that I don't know what I am looking for lol

Forgot to add must be fully intergrated.

Thank you very much in advance :-)
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
From my experience I can highly recommend Kenwood. I've had my integrated one for 9 years. Never had a problem with it, cleans well, the inside is still as shiny as new. I only ever tend to use economy mode as well and it gets everything clean, (I do rinse beforehand).
I always leave it an hour or so after it finishes as I find the hot air that has accumulated inside helps dry the pots.
Hope this helps.
Original Poster
dulum7823 m ago

From my experience I can highly recommend Kenwood. I've had my integrated …From my experience I can highly recommend Kenwood. I've had my integrated one for 9 years. Never had a problem with it, cleans well, the inside is still as shiny as new. I only ever tend to use economy mode as well and it gets everything clean, (I do rinse beforehand).I always leave it an hour or so after it finishes as I find the hot air that has accumulated inside helps dry the pots. Hope this helps.

Brilliant thank you, so I don't need to look for a seperate solution that offers drying.. there is so many options.. if there much difference from the £300 to the £500 models?
I had a bosch for 12 years, eventually it gave in. So i now have a smeg, but it seems smaller inside. Would defo get another bosch. Check argos site, they sometimes have discount codes.
As long as you leave the dishwasher for an hour or so after the cycle has finished, then almost everything gets dried. We have Denby mugs and the bases are concave, so they are usually full of water. Also our steamer has hollow handles which get water in them, so as long as you take them out carefully, it doesn't drip everywhere.

The quick wash setting is less economical, so we just use the economy setting and don't bother to rinse anything first.
Definitely recommend Bosch. I Have dishwasher and washing machine. Absolutely brilliant and not too expensive to buy either.

Hughes are a well established electronics company.

Bosch
Edited by: "mrty" 15th Sep 2017
Dishwashers don't have drying cycles

My beko cleans well and was £100 12 years ago and hasn't had a single fault in that time (I live in a hard water area too).

Cleaning cycle takes 30 minutes and I can put the plates away after about 5 minutes of the cycle completing.
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Sep 2017
I have a Bosch too and would recommend it. It is the only dishwasher I have ever owned so I can't compare it to other makes but it knocks the socks off a bowl of soapy water.
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your advice.. so if I go for a Bosch.. and just look for a decent eco wash cycle that doesn't take forever?? What is the difference in an eco wash and a quick wash ?

Thank you again
Quick wash uses hotter and more water, eco uses cooler water but more cycles hence takes longer.
Original Poster
Just want to thank everyone again.. I have now purchased my dishwasher .. just a shame it can't be fitted till Monday but I'm sure I'll cope till then lol
dratsabasti14th Sep

Brilliant thank you, so I don't need to look for a seperate solution that …Brilliant thank you, so I don't need to look for a seperate solution that offers drying.. there is so many options.. if there much difference from the £300 to the £500 models?

Sorry missed your reply. Glad you've got sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants