Dishwasher help

Found 24th Mar
Hopefully someone will have an answer to this..... I’ve been scouring the internet and can’t really find any help, probably not helped by the fact I don’t know what things are called...!

I have a Bosch Exxcel dishwasher.
The other day it came up with the error to ‘check water’.
I removed the side and cleaned the bladder and float which were both gunked up.
I turned the machine back on, the error had cleared and it ran on an empty cycle fine.
Then it started with the following:
It fills with water and drains as it should - the issue is that although it fills with water, it’s not pushing the water around inside to clean the dishes.
I have cleaned the side bladder and float, all seems to be working fine. I’ve cleaned the filters and rotating arms and they are clear.
I have checked and the little impeller is rotating and not blocked in any way.
The machine isn’t displaying any error codes.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Could be a washmotor issue. If the spray arms aint spinning.
How old isit. You can find that by checking the fd number
When running, if you open the door does it spray (try this without a dishwasher tablet in it) ... in other words is the pump working? There are very few moving parts in a dishwasher, and the pump is the one that provides pressure and movement of the arms.
adeljay9252 m ago

How old isit. You can find that by checking the fd number

I’m not sure, if had it for a few years. Where is the fd number?
mrty51 m ago

When running, if you open the door does it spray (try this without a …When running, if you open the door does it spray (try this without a dishwasher tablet in it) ... in other words is the pump working? There are very few moving parts in a dishwasher, and the pump is the one that provides pressure and movement of the arms.

No, nothing. There is no water getting pushed around inside.
Do you know where the pump is? Is it under the filter section? Is there another filter in it that you know of?
The impeller is spinning and seems to work fine
ktm6664 m ago

No, nothing. There is no water getting pushed around inside. Do you know …No, nothing. There is no water getting pushed around inside. Do you know where the pump is? Is it under the filter section? Is there another filter in it that you know of? The impeller is spinning and seems to work fine

The drain pump impellor is under the filter( usuallu has a little plastic cover) but that wouldnt cause no water to run around. It sounds like circualtion motor fault. If its only a few years old could be the circ pump or pcb. The drain pump is only for draining.
Get the model number and look on here for a pump Espares . There are also links there to videos that show you how to change it.
Edited by: "mrty" 24th Mar
adeljay922 h, 5 m ago

The drain pump impellor is under the filter( usuallu has a little plastic …The drain pump impellor is under the filter( usuallu has a little plastic cover) but that wouldnt cause no water to run around. It sounds like circualtion motor fault. If its only a few years old could be the circ pump or pcb. The drain pump is only for draining.

Thanks for that. I was thinking circuit board. In which case, I might as well scrap it.
I wasn’t sure if there was a second pump or impeller to drive the water around in the washer.
Thanks for your help, I suppose I’ve got nothing to loose by taking it apart and seeing.
If it was a circuit or pump failure, wouldn’t it display an error code?
mrty1 h, 43 m ago

Get the model number and look on here for a pump Espares . There are also …Get the model number and look on here for a pump Espares . There are also links there to videos that show you how to change it.

Thanks for this - I’ll try to find the model number and have a look
Have you turned the water back on properly and put the drain hose back with a bend above the u bend level?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants