Dishwasher, Hotpoint vs Bosch, facts or reputation?

Found 28th Sep 2017
Hello,
I'm about to purchase slimline integrate dishwasher. The Bosch SPV40C10GB has been a favorite for a while, but now I saw Hotpoint LSTF9H123.

On which? they are about 2% apart, on Revoo they are 0.5/10 points apart the other way.

If you look on this comparison (Curry's), the Hotpoint is a CLEAR winner...(energy, programs, water, noise, price, etc.)

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

So do I go with Bosch's reputation or do I risk it and try Hotpoint?

Thank you for your opinion.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
used to work in Comet many many years ago and would always recommend Bosch Dishwasher, Still have one 1 won in a competition from Bosch so wouldnt even bother look at Hotpoint. Bosch, Siemens, Miele only for me and would suggest you stick with the Bosch
I'm with fauji - I'm German appliances only! Bosch dishwasher (second one for me - first one lasted 12 years, used every day) and Siemens washing machine.
Have Bosch dishwasher, recent changed from a Indesit tumble dryer to Bosch.

Bear in mind the Whirlpool group products which catch fire, fridges and tumble dryer are well know, dishwashers lesser so.

At the end of the day your safety is more important than cost.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 28th Sep 2017
fauji7861 h, 34 m ago

used to work in Comet many many years ago and would always recommend Bosch …used to work in Comet many many years ago and would always recommend Bosch Dishwasher, Still have one 1 won in a competition from Bosch so wouldnt even bother look at Hotpoint. Bosch, Siemens, Miele only for me and would suggest you stick with the Bosch

Thank you for this. Unfortunately the likes of Siemens, Neff and definitely Miele are out of my budget, luckily this Bosch is still in it.

Van197328 m ago

I'm with fauji - I'm German appliances only! Bosch dishwasher (second …I'm with fauji - I'm German appliances only! Bosch dishwasher (second one for me - first one lasted 12 years, used every day) and Siemens washing machine.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm not planning to stay in the flat I'm in now for as long as 12 years, any issues with these appliances being moved and re-connected once or twice during their life time?

OBH6UK17 m ago

Have Bosh dishwasher, recent changed from a Indesit tumble dryer to …Have Bosh dishwasher, recent changed from a Indesit tumble dryer to Bosch.Bear in mind the Whirlpool group products which catch fire, fridges and tumble dryer are well know, dishwashers lesser so.At the end of the day your safety is more important than cost.

Thank you, I take it these are all the Hotpoints, Whirlpools, Indesits etc?
Bosch is a sure fire winner from me. Very quiet appliances & have never broken down. Have had Hotpoint appliances before & would not personally recommend. But at the end of the day it’s a personal choice. As fauji786 says, Siemens & Miele also great names. It’s Bosch for me.
Alllfff48 m ago

Thank you for this. Unfortunately the likes of Siemens, Neff and …Thank you for this. Unfortunately the likes of Siemens, Neff and definitely Miele are out of my budget, luckily this Bosch is still in it. Thanks for your opinion. I'm not planning to stay in the flat I'm in now for as long as 12 years, any issues with these appliances being moved and re-connected once or twice during their life time? Thank you, I take it these are all the Hotpoints, Whirlpools, Indesits etc?

Yes Hotpoint, Indesit and a few others were under Indesit ownership and are now under the Whirlpool ownership, so similar products with different brand names and model numbers.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 28th Sep 2017
Avoid Hotpoint/Indeshit like the plaque. Absolute trash. You'll pay more on engineer visits than the initial purchase cost.
Get the bosch. More reliable name.
Alllfff2 h, 34 m ago

Thank you for this. Unfortunately the likes of Siemens, Neff and …Thank you for this. Unfortunately the likes of Siemens, Neff and definitely Miele are out of my budget, luckily this Bosch is still in it. Thanks for your opinion. I'm not planning to stay in the flat I'm in now for as long as 12 years, any issues with these appliances being moved and re-connected once or twice during their life time? Thank you, I take it these are all the Hotpoints, Whirlpools, Indesits etc?

No problem in moving a dishwasher - all internal parts are securely fitted.

It is a washing machine you have to be careful moving as the drum bearing can take quite a hammering if moved inappropriately. Machine likely to still work after the move but any damage will initially be apparant by increased noise and vibration.
Kitchen appliances are like cars. Go for German for reliability and quality
If you're spending a lot get a Miele...otherwise they are all pretty much the same.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants