dishwasher mistake

Found 18th Sep 2017
Hi all,

Could some one point me in the right direction,
I purchased a dishwasher from Currys and it has been fitted this morning and ... it stinks like CHEMICALS!!

I can't stand the smell it's making me feel sick to the point where I am wrenching!!
What can I do, can I return this horrendous piece of crap? I would rather wash up after my 9 people family all day everyday than smell the smell that it is leaching!!
Please help

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
17 Comments

I don't know what the smell might be but try running it empty with a tablet on the hottest setting and see if that helps.

The first wash should be a service wash. Somewhere in the leaflets that come with the machine it should tell you to run the special programme.

what make and model is the dishwasher? As others have said for first uses you would need to run it on a special programme. For instance when you buy a new kettle you boil it three times prior to use. Give the instructions a reread.

Are you sure it is the dishwasher and not your waste connection.

Original Poster

I did the pre wash setting and ran it empty 5 times yesterday.. no it's not the waste connection it's definitely chemical smell.. Iv been reading up about it and many people say they are having the same isssue.. they are now made using bitumen as a sound barrier.. what's this about surly that's not good for us if it's off gassing

I would contact them to come get it. Ask for refund, then get a different one

Original Poster

Would they accept the smell been a good enough reason? Or will they go down every route possible to not be held responsible for producing such an evil product

dratsabasti53 m ago

Would they accept the smell been a good enough reason? Or will they go …Would they accept the smell been a good enough reason? Or will they go down every route possible to not be held responsible for producing such an evil product

You can cancel within 14 days with no reason if you ordered online.
Contact them first though and give them chance to fix it.

Original Poster

I went in store

I'd just keep running it empty, if you can get rid of the smell yourself it will save a lot of messing around

there is no mad rush to return it, email them and tell them you're going to keep trying to get rid of the smell but if it doesn't go, you'll be requesting a return

that way you have a log of you reporting the smell and you get time to keep running it empty

perhaps you can buy something to put in it while you run it empty, I know you shouldn't have to pay to make it smell nice but it'll only be a few quid

I'd take a trip to b&m or somewhere, see what they have for cleaning dishwashers

Original Poster

Yes I think I will get intouch and make a log of my dissatisfaction, Iv out pots in it now and they have came out ok with no smell but it still stinks of bleach

Original Poster

Not bleach I mean chemicals

If the smell is in the room and not on the pots then the smell is coming from the outside of the machine.

I'd be surprised if they're using bitumen (I'm sure they won't be) but they do use some black adhesive (which looks like bitumen) to stick insulation to the outside of the internal enclosure - this provides both sound and heat insulation. It may be that the adhesive is curing further with every hot wash - if so the smell should eventually subside.

What brand of machine is it?

Original Poster

Is it a beko model.. Bosch have been proven to use the bitumen so questionable as to whether beko would do also

Original Poster

It doesn't seem as bad on the quick was 35 degree wash but that's not what I bought it for .. god dam it lol

Use fairy lemon capsules to give a fresh lemon smell. I never had this problem so seems very odd.

Van19733 h, 28 m ago

If the smell is in the room and not on the pots then the smell is coming …If the smell is in the room and not on the pots then the smell is coming from the outside of the machine.I'd be surprised if they're using bitumen (I'm sure they won't be) but they do use some black adhesive (which looks like bitumen) to stick insulation to the outside of the internal enclosure - this provides both sound and heat insulation. It may be that the adhesive is curing further with every hot wash - if so the smell should eventually subside.What brand of machine is it?

pretty sure this is spot on

it probably takes a few heat cycles for the adhesive to fully cure - run it on the hottest setting for 2 washes and if the smell gets worse, there's your answer. following that, i imagine it will subside
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions