Expired

Dishwasher not working - could be a simple repair ??? Help

Found 27th Oct 2013
AEG Dishwasher was on a 30 minute cycle last night my gran woke up this morning only to find it still making a noise as if it were still in its cycle.

I'm assuming it was running all night.

what could cause this? could be a blockage or just a dieing machine. Its only 3 years old.
Community Updates
AskDishwasher
7 Comments
It's either a blockage in the pump or there could be a small leak and it's activated the anti flood device which makes the pump run constantly
I paid £80 call out charge for someone to look at my waahing machine doing something similar to what you say
....turned out it was fluff blocking the out pipe.. could have done myself kmt!
How capable are you with DIY?

Our dishwasher is about 7 years old now. I've repaired it twice in that time - total cost of £12 to repair.

Your problem sounds like my 2nd problem which turned out to be that the heater had worn out. The dishwasher was waiting for the water to get hot enough - as it wasn't heating it didn't get anywhere. To change it I had to pull out the dishwasher, tip it over, remove the plate off the bottom. Then it had three pipes which needed removing with pliers and an electrical connection unplugging. If found a replacement on the internet and replaced it - put it all back together and it has been fine since. They're quite simple machines but remember they have electricity and water so be careful!
lukenaisby

It's either a blockage in the pump or there could be a small leak and … It's either a blockage in the pump or there could be a small leak and it's activated the anti flood device which makes the pump run constantly

Go with this one first in my opinion!

Had this a few times and sounds like the anti flood. If easy to do access the bottom to see if this has been tripped (usually an area that can collect water in the bittom with a float in the middle that get raised and stops any more water comming out (ence the gurgling).

Good luck!
Dishwashers have a float switch in the bottom somewhere. My guess is yours is stuck. I'd check that first.
Mine did that to. It was the heating element that had gone. Cost about £120 part and labour.
Thanks for the ideas, all your replies, very helpful.

My husbands is great at taking electrical items apart and fixing them. He fixed my oven the other day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants