Dishwasher tablet problem

Found 28th May
My dishwasher has been acting up. For the past few days the tablet does not dissolve... it has only been a month since I got it and it’s from Bosch so it’s not a regular cheap one... not sure what’s wrong I mean I have 3 years warranty but I can’t be asked to wait for them to offer a replacement as I would probably have to pay for installation as I got it done privately ...
What should I do??
Community Updates
AskElectronicsMovieTablet
16 Comments
What tablets are you using? Some cheaper ones don’t work so well. Did this problem start immediately with the new install or only recently?
First question is does it heat up like at the end of th3 cycle do you get the steam and also forget putting the tablet in the dispenser. Just throw it in the base and it works just as good.
I've a Bosch and of always use fairy platinum. Nothing else comes close.
As a temp fix, you could put the tablet in a clear bag and break it up into two or more pieces.
A hammer, edge of a tin can or nut crackers etc will do the job.
If it is one of the quantum ones, they've changed the plastic outer and it didn't dissolve well now. Well documented problem. Sometimes they dissolve properly in the rinse cycle and don't get rinsed off - this residue causes burns to people's mouths. Reused to swear by quantum - we've now switched to Fairy.

Reviews here

33875240-BWzet.jpg
mrty9 m ago

If it is one of the quantum ones, they've changed the plastic outer and it …If it is one of the quantum ones, they've changed the plastic outer and it didn't dissolve well now. Well documented problem. Sometimes they dissolve properly in the rinse cycle and don't get rinsed off - this residue causes burns to people's mouths. Reused to swear by quantum - we've now switched to Fairy.Reviews here[Image]

I tried them once. Absolute rubbish. Didn't dissolve properly in my Bosch. Maybe it is the tablets not the machine
If the dishwasher is fully loaded sometimes the tablet gets stuck on some crockery when the dispenser door is opened - and hence does not fully dissolve - this happens with our Bosch. We just throw the tablet into the base of the machine - solves the problem. Only need to use the dispenser if you are going to do a prewash.

We use tablets from Aldi/Lidl - whatever is the cheapest. In my opinion they all work equally as well.
Edited by: "Van1973" 28th May
I would say that your filter at the bottom is probably blocked. Unscrew it and wash it out.
Original Poster
mutley13 h, 48 m ago

What tablets are you using? Some cheaper ones don’t work so well. Did t …What tablets are you using? Some cheaper ones don’t work so well. Did this problem start immediately with the new install or only recently?

I use fairy tablets.. this problem has only been going on for 3-4 days
Original Poster
adeljay923 h, 44 m ago

First question is does it heat up like at the end of th3 cycle do you get …First question is does it heat up like at the end of th3 cycle do you get the steam and also forget putting the tablet in the dispenser. Just throw it in the base and it works just as good.

Yeah it does heat up & I don’t mind throwing it in, if it does work
Thanks btw
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 38 m ago

I've a Bosch and of always use fairy platinum. Nothing else comes close.

I use the fairy original... I think I should give platinum a try
Original Poster
Van19733 h, 1 m ago

If the dishwasher is fully loaded sometimes the tablet gets stuck on some …If the dishwasher is fully loaded sometimes the tablet gets stuck on some crockery when the dispenser door is opened - and hence does not fully dissolve - this happens with our Bosch. We just throw the tablet into the base of the machine - solves the problem. Only need to use the dispenser if you are going to do a prewash.We use tablets from Aldi/Lidl - whatever is the cheapest. In my opinion they all work equally as well.

Oh that might be the issue. I will load it light and see..
Thanks
If it is still in the tray, then probably obstructed by a dinner plate
Does it dispense the tablet, or is it still in the dispenser at the end of the wash.

I'm a little out of date on dishwashers as mine's getting on for 20 years old, but -

Is your Bosch one of their models that catches the tablet in a tray in the top basket: dosage assistance:-

If it is, I would check that the nozzles in the spray arms aren't blocked by holding them under a tap and running water through them (how to remove and clean them will be in the instructions) although it is extremely unusual for mine to get blocked.

also clean the filter.

Also give the top arm a spin before you shut the door to make sure it doesn't snag on any of your crockery.

Check that the wash cycle you have selected does an initial rinse, the dispensers are usually designed to fill with water during the initial rinse so that the powder/tablet starts dissolving before it is dispensed.

You should hear the dispenser pop open a short while after the start of the main wash cycle.

I've had trouble with Finish Classic powerball tablets (only sold in cheap shops) leaving residue so don't rule out the tablets being at fault. Lately, I've been using Fairy platinum and Aldi magnum all in one, depending on which I see cheap, as both perform above average.
Edited by: "melted" 29th May
I sometimes have this with my Bosch dishwasher if I haven’t pushed the top drawer in properly. It means the tablet door doesn’t open properly and the tablet doesn’t dissolve as it should.

So, my tip; make sure you push the top drawer in properly
Also, no dishwasher tablet beats fairy platinum, it’s the best I’ve ever tried and worth the extra.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants