Dishwasher type? purchase help

Posted 19th Jun 2020
Hi

Not played on here before so hoping this post is fine (did do a search first)

In our household we've never had a dishwasher before so now considering it

We don't have much space, and. Kitchen redesign is 5-10 years away so for now a slimline is perfect

We have one cabinet door (opens left to right) which has spare pans, and we could move this easily

The obvious solution is to buy a freestanding one, its sits next to a freestanding washing machine)(on the floor no cabinet )

But how does semi or fully integrated ones work? What if i buy it off ebay, really confused about the integrate part especially as its going in my cabinet...

Help...
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
If you buy off Ebay etc, toy will need to pay a plumber to install. Look away water supply and waste. Electricity is easy enough to fix. Then holes will need cutting in cabinets to feed pipework through (easier in a new build as pipework can be hidden behind cabinetry rears). Problem then is if you decide to remove it you have to remove pipework. Freestanding is much easier. You also won't lose any storage space, and you'll have more space for fridge magnets .
Ringfinger19/06/2020 17:22

If you buy off Ebay etc, toy will need to pay a plumber to install. Look …If you buy off Ebay etc, toy will need to pay a plumber to install. Look away water supply and waste. Electricity is easy enough to fix. Then holes will need cutting in cabinets to feed pipework through (easier in a new build as pipework can be hidden behind cabinetry rears). Problem then is if you decide to remove it you have to remove pipework. Freestanding is much easier. You also won't lose any storage space, and you'll have more space for fridge magnets .

Kind of understood lol

Would i lose storage space at all?

When they say semi or fully integrated what do they actually mean yhen?
ACIDFORUMS19/06/2020 18:21

When they say semi or fully integrated what do they actually mean yhen?

They’re referring to the control panel and the door size needed.
Semi integrated has the control panel on the outside of the door at the top and needs a shorter length door41151123-hELvo.jpgFully integrated means the control panel is hidden on top of the door and takes a full size door
41151123-iAWBg.jpg
Integrated is just a dishwasher without its outer skin, it will sit in a housing/ cupboard and your existing door will fit onto the dishwasher, if your existing door is full height then you may need to cut it down for a semi integrated
My cabinet is large but not large enough for. Full size dishwasher

Im going to assume from the above is i should go for free standing then
Only fiddliness is tye cabinet doorsopening left to right then opening the washer from top to bottom
Our plumber that came to try and fix the old dishwasher told us to buy Bosch. Said they last for years. Bought one and no problems yet but it’s only been a couple of years so far.
Mine is a Bosch and it's great. Very quiet
Post a comment
@
    Text