Groups

Disk activity light always on, on laptop

Can anyone help me? it's slowing my laptop down to hell.

I have a vostro 1000 (Dell) and i have XP on it, and over the last few days the disk activity light is basically 'stuck on' and its taking a long time to open things and edit.

Can anyone help me how I can find out what it is using it?

7 Comments

Hey baby... long time no speak!! How's everything? xxxxx

Original Poster

Everything's pretty good at the moment How are you? xxx

bit of drama on monday, but i'll save that for msn or text.

Okies thanks honey... Oh noo, with driving? :-( xxx

Original Poster

sadiebabes;3448530

Okies thanks honey... Oh noo, with driving? :-( xxx

Nah, it was a bad situation though.

Mwahs! Will text you in 5, just heading to bed... hope you're alright honey xx

if your using it wireless sometimes there a service that eats all your cpu time when ive been called out to these sort of problems its the first thing i check so try task manager press ctrl-alt-del to bring it up and go to the processes tab check to see whats using all the system resouces look for a program called winxp zero config as this is a known issue if its that right click it and click end process tree you can do this to this for anything in here thats using a lot of resources but be aware that most things in here are for the system just look for things that have high cpu usage the only thing that should have really high usage is sytem processes.

If you have no luck in task manager try running your antivirus and your spyware program as infections can cause this sort of issue also installing new software or stuff off the web if it is zero config you need to stop it in services google it for details.

Banned

just do a system restore to a date before it started
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions