Disney+ WORKING!

Posted 13th Nov
Ok so this is a kinda strange one but I'm going to try to tell you exactly what I did....

With Disney+ going live I thought I'd try and subscribe through a vpn. Starting at about 7am this morning I originally thought I might be able to sign-up through VPN and revolut. Didn't work. Thought I'd try to get a USA paypal, succeeded and transferred funds to it but then it wouldn't let me buy without a card and again my revolut wouldn't work. Thought I'd try the Netherlands so signed up for a Netherlands PayPal and managed to connect my revolut. Only problem being that I couldn't go through the sign-up connected to a nl VPN

Anyway thought as I couldn't do it online I'd try it through the app. Couldn't get the app through the play store so thought I'd try an app repository. Got it on apkpure through their app. Tried to login through Netherlands and didn't work. Installed and had lunch. After lunch went back to it , VPN through USA and loaded up the app. It thought for a while and then I got this :

3330414.jpg
What's strange is that it says £6.49 at the bottom....

I tried to pay through my Google account and it worked!

3330414.jpg
Tbh I'm not sure exactly why it's worked and let me subscribe through the UK. Maybe they're releasing here soon now after all the complaints from people?

3330414.jpg
It's done it for me as a Google play subscription...

3330414.jpgAlso it's working without a vpn (on and off)
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
spyro12313/11/2019 12:53

You could of got nowtv movies for this price and none of that palaver. …You could of got nowtv movies for this price and none of that palaver.

It's all about the Mandalorian
44 Comments
You could of got nowtv movies for this price and none of that palaver.

You could of got nowtv movies for this price and none of that palaver. …You could of got nowtv movies for this price and none of that palaver.

Maverick7713/11/2019 12:54

Never heard of it but that's great if you want to watch it! Wish I had the brains to do things like this.
spyro12313/11/2019 12:56

Never heard of it but that's great if you want to watch it! Wish I had the …Never heard of it but that's great if you want to watch it! Wish I had the brains to do things like this.

Mostly just trial and error keep trying until you do it. There's alot of YouTube videos out there saying it isn't possible atm though so I'm pretty happy to have it and have it working without a vpn in particular. Doesn't launch in UK until the end of March next year!
Any method on IOS would be appreciated?
Xboxgamer32113/11/2019 12:59

Any method on IOS would be appreciated?

I did read a method using the us Apple store but I don't use iOS myself so I just skipped over it. If I see it again I'll let you know.
I think i'll wait until the Mandalorian is finished before signing up. At only half an hour per episode waiting for it to come out weekly seems a bit of a pain.
I doff my cap for your dedication to stay legal and above board (ish). I downloaded at 4K HDR Atmos mkv in a few minutes and was up and running. Come March i'll subscribe. Until then i'll be sailing the high seas.
Well its just stopped working lol. Says not available in my region. I guess I must have logged in at just the right moment and now they've shut the door again. Back to using a vpn I guess.

Just watched the first episode, I would give it 6/10 so far.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 13th Nov
bigwheels13/11/2019 13:17

It's all about the MandalorianJust watched the first episode, I would give …It's all about the MandalorianJust watched the first episode, I would give it 6/10 so far.

Harsh. Judged on just one episode id say its worth at 7.5 to 8 at least.
sagman7613/11/2019 13:21

Harsh. Judged on just one episode id say its worth at 7.5 to 8 at least.

Ok 7.5 looks promising.
Maverick7713/11/2019 12:54

Have you watched the first episode?
I have and I'm saying nothing
I
bigwheels13/11/2019 13:26

Ok 7.5 looks promising.

I'd go with an 8 / 8.5 for the first 30mins then 10 for the last few mins alone!
arcangel11113/11/2019 14:37

Have you watched the first episode?I have and I'm saying nothing …Have you watched the first episode?I have and I'm saying nothing

I'm saving it for tonight to watch with the other half. Hopefully can get her into something starwars related lol.

with 720p and stereo sound LOL
Deleted what I wrote because I have no idea how you managed to get that app access without a VPN. Good going.
Maverick7713/11/2019 14:40

I'm saving it for tonight to watch with the other half. Hopefully can get …I'm saving it for tonight to watch with the other half. Hopefully can get her into something starwars related lol.

By the end, you will have her into Star Wars. Trust me.
Biddy213/11/2019 15:42

Deleted what I wrote because I have no idea how you managed to get that …Deleted what I wrote because I have no idea how you managed to get that app access without a VPN. Good going.

Had the VPN on when I loaded the app connected to USA Netflix server on windscribe. It seems to have set up a £6.49 a month subscription on my Google account through the app store.
Maverick7713/11/2019 16:00

Had the VPN on when I loaded the app connected to USA Netflix server on …Had the VPN on when I loaded the app connected to USA Netflix server on windscribe. It seems to have set up a £6.49 a month subscription on my Google account through the app store.

Ah I see. I have £6.49 being charged to my UK Paypal through my (newly created) US Google account too.
Biddy213/11/2019 16:13

Ah I see. I have £6.49 being charged to my UK Paypal through my (newly …Ah I see. I have £6.49 being charged to my UK Paypal through my (newly created) US Google account too.

Winner wasn't just s fluke then
arcangel11113/11/2019 14:39

I I'd go with an 8 / 8.5 for the first 30mins then 10 for the last few …I I'd go with an 8 / 8.5 for the first 30mins then 10 for the last few mins alone!

no way that high. yes, the final 10 minutes were pretty good, but overall, anything above 8 is way to high. people just scoring it high because of Jon Faveraux and its SW. Though i am looking forward to the one Waika directed. Thor Ragnarok is one of the best MCU movies, and thats down to the director.
I am having trouble installing any of the APKs i am downloading to my phone. All of them fail on installation. Anyone know how I can install?
Ignore the above. I have a Xiaomi and some nonsense developer option was stopping the installation. Afterwards, logged in once connected to US VPN and subscribed through my normal UK Google account. Working normally without VPN (for now). Now to figure out how to get this thing working on my samsung smart tv haha
ShishaGod14/11/2019 21:15

Ignore the above. I have a Xiaomi and some nonsense developer option was …Ignore the above. I have a Xiaomi and some nonsense developer option was stopping the installation. Afterwards, logged in once connected to US VPN and subscribed through my normal UK Google account. Working normally without VPN (for now). Now to figure out how to get this thing working on my samsung smart tv haha

Same issue getting it onto the TV. Will probably settle for connecting to my pc and doing it that way.

If you have any different ideas let me know
Edited by: "Maverick77" 14th Nov
Just watched episode 2 the child.
only 30 mins long.
Not as good as the first.
But I liked the star wars feel.
bigwheels16/11/2019 11:22

Just watched episode 2 the child.only 30 mins long.Not as good as the …Just watched episode 2 the child.only 30 mins long.Not as good as the first.But I liked the star wars feel.

really enjoyed Ep2 … more so than "Episode2" ….. but at only 30 mins long I think I may save them all up and have a marathon binge session of Mandalorian. If they were an hour long then that might have been better, but I have a feeling that each episode on Disney+ will be chock full of adverts to stretch the episode to an hour on TV. shame really!
I think you might be right, the ads are a joke on us tv.
Most 1 hour shows are 39/42mins long.

The 4 min recap at the start is also annoying
I managed to register, but when putting in 90210 as the zip code, I was obviously refused as my Clarity card is registered to my address here in the UK, I’m guessing there’s no way around this. So how do Revoult cards work, do you load money onto it, and where’s it registered to, as you have to put an American zip code in?
donkeydavid16/11/2019 23:14

I managed to register, but when putting in 90210 as the zip code, I was …I managed to register, but when putting in 90210 as the zip code, I was obviously refused as my Clarity card is registered to my address here in the UK, I’m guessing there’s no way around this. So how do Revoult cards work, do you load money onto it, and where’s it registered to, as you have to put an American zip code in?

The easiest way is to sign up through the app itself through a vpn. It will then connect to Google account if you're on Android and set up a subscription through the play store. You'll need a decent VPN to watch content though.
Maverick7717/11/2019 06:57

The easiest way is to sign up through the app itself through a vpn. It …The easiest way is to sign up through the app itself through a vpn. It will then connect to Google account if you're on Android and set up a subscription through the play store. You'll need a decent VPN to watch content though.

Thanks I’ll give it another go, later.
Not a problem let me know how you get on
Maverick7717/11/2019 11:42

Not a problem let me know how you get on

Well I got it working on my Android phone. As you correctly said, payment was through the Google Play Store, it wouldn't accept payment through my Google account, because I didn't have enough money in my account, well I presume that's why, but it did let me use 3Pay, I think that's a payment that I presume will be added on to my 3 phone contract every month?
Going to add the APK to my Amazon Fire box, so I can watch it on my.tv through my VPN, so I'm well happy, and many thanks for the tutorial. One last question how many family members can i share the account with, and can we all watch at the same time?
Getting a "something went wrong, try again later" message when I try to play anything, now. Was working last night, hope it's a problem their end, rather than mine!!
Edited by: "donkeydavid" 18th Nov
donkeydavid18/11/2019 00:20

Well I got it working on my Android phone. As you correctly said, payment …Well I got it working on my Android phone. As you correctly said, payment was through the Google Play Store, it wouldn't accept payment through my Google account, because I didn't have enough money in my account, well I presume that's why, but it did let me use 3Pay, I think that's a payment that I presume will be added on to my 3 phone contract every month?Going to add the APK to my Amazon Fire box, so I can watch it on my.tv through my VPN, so I'm well happy, and many thanks for the tutorial. One last question how many family members can i share the account with, and can we all watch at the same time?

I believe its 4 individual streams at a time. Unsure how many people you can actually add though. If you get it working on your firebox let me know, I tried putting it on a firestick with no joy so instead used streaming from my phone to Chromecast.
Edited by: "Maverick77" 18th Nov
donkeydavid18/11/2019 08:36

Getting a "something went wrong, try again later" message when I try to …Getting a "something went wrong, try again later" message when I try to play anything, now. Was working last night, hope it's a problem their end, rather than mine!!

Supposedly they are oversubscribed for what their initial projections was. Maybe server overload although 4am American time seems to be a bit strange. Lol
Edited by: "Maverick77" 18th Nov
I got the app onto my Firebox by wirelessly transferring it from my PC via adbFire which I have used many times before, and set the VPN to USA on the FireBox, I logged in ok, but then a blue loading circle just continuously keeps spinning!!
donkeydavid18/11/2019 16:17

I got the app onto my Firebox by wirelessly transferring it from my PC via …I got the app onto my Firebox by wirelessly transferring it from my PC via adbFire which I have used many times before, and set the VPN to USA on the FireBox, I logged in ok, but then a blue loading circle just continuously keeps spinning!!

Yeh same thing as on a firestick. I'm wondering if it's maybe missing certain Google library files in order to work. I have heard though there is an actual fire version. I've been looking for an apk of it but no joy so far. If I do find it I'll let you know.
Great Post this OP!

Managed to get Disney+ working on my iPad after trying several different things. It did involve a little bit of tinkering though like creating a new apple id in the US store so you can get the app, buying an Apple Store gift card on Amazon whilst using Revolut & some random US address as Billing (to pay for the subscription after the 1 week trial). Luckily I had a VPN I bought a few years ago so it's coming in handy now.

Next thing to try is getting it on my Apple tv 4k!

Looking forward to watching the Mandalorian.
Be4sty19/11/2019 11:12

Great Post this OP!Managed to get Disney+ working on my iPad after trying …Great Post this OP!Managed to get Disney+ working on my iPad after trying several different things. It did involve a little bit of tinkering though like creating a new apple id in the US store so you can get the app, buying an Apple Store gift card on Amazon whilst using Revolut & some random US address as Billing (to pay for the subscription after the 1 week trial). Luckily I had a VPN I bought a few years ago so it's coming in handy now. Next thing to try is getting it on my Apple tv 4k!Looking forward to watching the Mandalorian.

Great to hear. Let us know how you get on with putting it on your Apple TV.

Mandalorian isn't exactly what I was expecting but I'm still really enjoying it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions