Disney+ Bought using a VPN as it's cheaper than the UK

Posted 5th Mar 2022
Hello,

I've been using my VPN and logging into the subscription section on my Disney+ account to see different countries prices. I have calculated the prices are cheaper in pretty much every country compared to the UK when working out the exchange rate.

The US Disney+ works out the cheapest if you take out the basic package.

I was just wondering has anyone bought the basic US package who lives in the UK? Once you turn off the VPN does it go back to the usual UK content or does having a US subscription make a difference?

I've watched Disney+ using my VPN before and it works fine. You just get a message saying it looks like you're on holiday. Only difference is the content isn't the same.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    winter_zombie
    yes as stated if you buy it from overseas e.g u.s.a then it will have a restrictions on its age rating. i have a usa disney+ and its locked to 14+ so most action adult films are not shown.
    McShane1
    Marvel_MUFC05/03/2022 12:58

Have you tried using a Revolut card? That's not country specific.

Revolut cards are issued in the UK.

It's the same reason they don't work when trying to buy Xbox games from foreign stores.
    Marvel_MUFC Author
    B.B05/03/2022 08:33

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/disney-age-restrictions-3899084Seems to be issues for age ratings on profiles

I read that after making my discussion. I may just try a month on a burner account and see if it happens. Indian and Malaysian accounts seem pretty cheap too.
    rrn
    Hi There, that’s interesting.. I tried (several times/methods) to buy Disney plus (from India) using a VPN and it was asking for a Indian phone number. Could you please let me know how you manage to bye pass this?
    Admast79
    You can't. They checking card issuer country and declining payment.

Tried to do it in a few countries like Argentina or Brazil.
    Marvel_MUFC Author
    rrn05/03/2022 12:12

Hi There, that’s interesting.. I tried (several times/methods) to buy D …Hi There, that’s interesting.. I tried (several times/methods) to buy Disney plus (from India) using a VPN and it was asking for a Indian phone number. Could you please let me know how you manage to bye pass this?

I'm planning on using a temp phone number that's available online.

Admast7905/03/2022 12:37

You can't. They checking card issuer country and declining payment.Tried …You can't. They checking card issuer country and declining payment.Tried to do it in a few countries like Argentina or Brazil.

Have you tried using a Revolut card? That's not country specific. (edited)
    Conkers816

I'm planning on using a temp phone number that's available online.

Won't/doesn't work. (edited)
    ashmac
    Pm sent
    rrn

I'm planning on using a temp phone number that's available online.Have you …I'm planning on using a temp phone number that's available online.Have you tried using a Revolut card? That's not country specific.

Thank you, was not aware of any online phone number provider.. did some research some time back and never found one supporting India numbers. Would it be possible to share the service details please?
    Marvel_MUFC Author
    rrn06/03/2022 13:12

Thank you, was not aware of any online phone number provider.. did some …Thank you, was not aware of any online phone number provider.. did some research some time back and never found one supporting India numbers. Would it be possible to share the service details please?

The ones I've used so far. Get the confirmation codes but they never work. Like someone mentioned previously.
    rrn
    Marvel_MUFC06/03/2022 13:41

The ones I've used so far. Get the confirmation codes but they never work. …The ones I've used so far. Get the confirmation codes but they never work. Like someone mentioned previously.

Ah, got it.. thank you
's avatar
Top Merchants