Disney Channel's to be pulled from Sky & Virgin Media

Posted 26th Jun 2020
Given the success of Disney+ it doesn't come as much of a surprise but starting in September Disney Kids channels will be pulled from UK pay TV platforms in favour of driving subscription numbers up on their own platform.

can only be a matter of time now before their other media IP follows.

source: deadline.com/202…92/
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Once enough content is pulled, Sky might start with the reasonable prices again. Not that I'll ever go back.
Danze198426/06/2020 08:56

Once enough content is pulled, Sky might start with the reasonable prices …Once enough content is pulled, Sky might start with the reasonable prices again. Not that I'll ever go back.

Nah, their argument will be that they need to increase the prices to invest in their own content and build Sky Studios blah blah blah.

Sadly as they hung Kids packs on 31 day contracts it means you're still stuck with whatever term is left on your main TV pack even if you are 'detrimentally affected' by this change.

I'd love to see the script being handed around the phone jockeys just now to deal with this!

So Sky Kids and NowTV Kids will be on a level playing field soon, but I do wonder if they'll bother to streamline their prices to reflect this?
As a wise man once said.

If your unhappy with sky prices then don't have sky.
silverGT26/06/2020 09:20

As a wise man once said.If your unhappy with sky prices then don't have …As a wise man once said.If your unhappy with sky prices then don't have sky.

I couldn't agree more. Which (for the avoidance of doubt) is why I don't.
silverGT26/06/2020 09:20

As a wise man once said.If your unhappy with sky prices then don't have …As a wise man once said.If your unhappy with sky prices then don't have sky.

Hemingway
so are the disney channels going over to disney plus then? if so, then even better value for money.
EN1GMA26/06/2020 11:26

so are the disney channels going over to disney plus then? if so, then …so are the disney channels going over to disney plus then? if so, then even better value for money.

They are moving the content to Disney+. The official line is they supposedly couldn't agree terms to continue with Sky or Virgin, not as a way to drive subsciber numbers, as it means they lose out on ad revenue. National Geographic and Fox etc aren't affected.
alg26/06/2020 12:02

They are moving the content to Disney+. The official line is they …They are moving the content to Disney+. The official line is they supposedly couldn't agree terms to continue with Sky or Virgin, not as a way to drive subsciber numbers, as it means they lose out on ad revenue. National Geographic and Fox etc aren't affected.

Not yet but maybe in the future
Post a comment
@
    Text