Groups

Disney DVDS - Lion King etc...

Hi peeps,

I have been after TOY STORY on dvd for some time now,there was a thread yesterday with it for sale all priced up with lion king and others. Now obviously the op was happy with the prices to sell at - agreed a few sales - then lots of posts from people not making offers but saying that these dvds are worth loads of money like £30,40 even £100 quid!!!! So op decides to pull out from sales. (fair enough)

1. is this right? i know amazon sells most dvds from £1 and as you go down the list of sellers it increases to stoopid amounts like £250 for sometyhing not rare....

2.if correct. how come they are worth so much?

3. i have lion king 1,2,3 all special edition or 2 disc versions - so what are they REALLY worth realistically

thanks for help,advice

43 Comments

15-30 quid each

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8089560

15-30 quid each

serious just for a DVD? any idea why? :thumbsup:

It's because they don't make them anymore, expect prices to drop when they are remade/remastered in bluray or re-released especially toy story when the new one is out this year

ive got the ones you talk so highly of :-D

Original Poster

Starr;8089595

http://www.dvd.co.uk/search.aspx?search=disney&type=CAT100008Buy one get … http://www.dvd.co.uk/search.aspx?search=disney&type=CAT100008Buy one get one free on blu rayhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/631552/disney-blu-ray-dvd-bogof-dvd-co-uk-

yeah saw that thread :-D

I want Lion King on DVD but the prices I've seen are ridiculous, even used prices. Prob buying it, making a copy then reselling original

Original Poster

Starr;8089612

ive got the ones you talk so highly of :-D

yes the toy story ones :w00t:

well after all the fuss yesterday and another recent disney thread, i just turned to my mrs and said "you have got lion king on dvd haven't you?"

so she goes and fetches all three special editions :roll: probably won't let me sell them though :-D

Toy Story 2 two - disc dvd on ebay for £9.99 free delivery Buy It Now :thinking:

Original Poster

imdave;8089637

I want Lion King on DVD but the prices I've seen are ridiculous, even … I want Lion King on DVD but the prices I've seen are ridiculous, even used prices. Prob buying it, making a copy then reselling original

http://www.magicdragon.com/SherlockHolmes/SherlockSmall.gif

Mate do you still watch disney dvds? :-D

Original Poster

Marina;8089660

Toy Story 2 two - disc dvd on ebay for £9.99 free delivery Buy It Now … Toy Story 2 two - disc dvd on ebay for £9.99 free delivery Buy It Now :thinking:

yes i think thats the going rate for ts2 is it used? i think ts1 is £20 though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Marina;8089671

Mate do you still watch disney dvds? :-D

:oops:

i have toy story on VHS :whistling: and have been trying to update my libary to DVD/HD DVD :-D

THE LION KINGS ARE NOT MINE I REPEAT THE LION KINGS ARE NOT MINE

Charlie Scene;8089672

yes i think thats the going rate for ts2 is it used? i think ts1 is £20 … yes i think thats the going rate for ts2 is it used? i think ts1 is £20 though :thumbsup:

TS1 - £15.97 delivered Buy it now :thumbsup:

Charlie Scene;8089672

yes i think thats the going rate for ts2 is it used? i think ts1 is £20 … yes i think thats the going rate for ts2 is it used? i think ts1 is £20 though :thumbsup:

Nah sealed ones.

Banned

is ending in 8 minutes, new toy story 1 and under a tenner

no, not mine!

Original Poster

Marina;8089703

TS1 - £15.97 delivered Buy it now :thumbsup:

Marina;8089720

Nah sealed ones.

so not really that crazy to sell second hand on here for £4 or £5 each then :roll:

Charlie Scene;8089747

so not really that crazy to sell second hand on here for £4 or £5 each t … so not really that crazy to sell second hand on here for £4 or £5 each then :roll:

I saw that thread, it was pure comedy :giggle:

The seller quickly closed shop :lol:

Original Poster

jubbyme;8089732

200446891880is ending in 8 minutes, new toy story 1 and under a tennerno, … 200446891880is ending in 8 minutes, new toy story 1 and under a tennerno, not mine!

:-D seems fair enough

Banned

amazon.co.uk/Toy…1-1

13.50 on amazon for ts1, so not a crazy price at all

so a decent used i would say too, a fiver, a bit extra for special ed in tin boxes or such

i had lion king 1,2 n3 trilogy boxset bought on play for just £17.99 sold it for £67 it had been watched to death, its disneys fault i cant understand why the delete titles,if they just kept them they would have a constant flow of sales every year when people have kids theyd buy the dvds

i got TS 1&2 on dvd in cash convertors for £3 for the pair

good times

Original Poster

Marina;8089759

I saw that thread, it was pure comedy :giggle:The seller quickly closed … I saw that thread, it was pure comedy :giggle:The seller quickly closed shop :lol:

half the posts were saying its worth 10,20,30,40 even 100 :-D like i said not surprised she freaked out.

have you got blu ray yet? is it any good?

im tempted but i have HDDVD at the moment :-D

Charlie Scene;8089688

:oops:i have toy story on VHS :whistling: and have been trying to update … :oops:i have toy story on VHS :whistling: and have been trying to update my libary to DVD/HD DVD :-DTHE LION KINGS ARE NOT MINE I REPEAT THE LION KINGS ARE NOT MINE

course not :roll:

how come some dvds on ebay are free postage but some charge thought they were all sposed to be free postage now

Original Poster

jubbyme;8089771

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-DVD-Tom-Hanks/dp/B0031ESQ3A/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268427221&sr=1-113.50 on amazon for ts1, so not a crazy price at allso a decent used i would say too, a fiver, a bit extra for special ed in tin boxes or such

god knows why people were freaking out so much then £100 ffs :?

aah96;8089795

[/u]course not :roll:

I know, I'm not sure I want to be his friend anymore :oops: He is a kid :roll:

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8089782

i had lion king 1,2 n3 trilogy boxset bought on play for just £17.99 sold … i had lion king 1,2 n3 trilogy boxset bought on play for just £17.99 sold it for £67 it had been watched to death, its disneys fault i cant understand why the delete titles,if they just kept them they would have a constant flow of sales every year when people have kids theyd buy the dvds

nice dude :thumbsup: its weird that they deleted them as they were always so popular!

ilovepink;8089787

i got TS 1&2 on dvd in cash convertors for £3 for the pairgood times

good times indeed :-D good find :thumbsup:

Original Poster

aah96;8089795

[/U]course not

oi asbo :w00t: lol

Marina;8089850

I know, I'm not sure I want to be his friend anymore :oops: He is a kid … I know, I'm not sure I want to be his friend anymore :oops: He is a kid :roll:

:roll: typical

Charlie Scene;8089793

half the posts were saying its worth 10,20,30,40 even 100 :-D like i said … half the posts were saying its worth 10,20,30,40 even 100 :-D like i said not surprised she freaked out.have you got blu ray yet? is it any good?im tempted but i have HDDVD at the moment :-D

Nah mate, we live in the stone age.

DVD player is all we got, we don't use it much.

Marina;8089850

I know, I'm not sure I want to be his friend anymore :oops: He is a kid … I know, I'm not sure I want to be his friend anymore :oops: He is a kid :roll:

:lol:, always good to be a big kid when your semi old :whistling: :lol:

i bet he still like scalextrics !!

Charlie Scene;8089882

oi asbo :w00t: lol :p:roll: typical

:lol:

aah96;8089894

:lol:, always good to be a big kid when your semi old :whistling: :lol:i … :lol:, always good to be a big kid when your semi old :whistling: :lol:i bet he still like scalextrics !!

He is fully old

Original Poster

aah96;8089894

:lol:, always good to be a big kid when your semi old :whistling: :lol:i … :lol:, always good to be a big kid when your semi old :whistling: :lol:i bet he still like scalextrics !!

nah could never keep them on the tracks :x

Banned

I was getting excited at toy story or lion king dvd's worth 100 quid!

darn it! nearly dug them out and put them on ebay!

Charlie Scene;8089915

nah could never keep them on the tracks :x

:lol:, i love scalextrics the amazing !!

Marina;8089912

He is fully old

:w00t: :lol:

Original Poster

jubbyme;8089924

I was getting excited at toy story or lion king dvd's worth 100 quid!darn … I was getting excited at toy story or lion king dvd's worth 100 quid!darn it! nearly dug them out and put them on ebay!

i know!!! spoils threads though when people post bs :roll:

ooh dinner is here pizza chips garlic bread :-D

Banned

with the constant flow of them on ebay, people who dont want them as kids grow up, and dvd's are gonna be around for a long time (or at least work) i cant see them going crazy on prices nor do they deserve to, there is no shortage

enjoy your chips & pizza

Original Poster

jubbyme;8090045

with the constant flow of them on ebay, people who dont want them as kids … with the constant flow of them on ebay, people who dont want them as kids grow up, and dvd's are gonna be around for a long time (or at least work) i cant see them going crazy on prices nor do they deserve to, there is no shortageenjoy your chips & pizza

bloated now :whistling: washed it down with pepsi
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Disney descendants duvet35
      2. Dreams bed sale.21
      3. No claims discount proof - Help needed89
      4. Looking for an iPhone deal33

See more discussions