Disney+ in the UK (with a VPN), £6.69/mo

Posted 28th Nov
Hey peeps I'm sure you've heard about Disney+, the new streaming platform for all the movies and shows that Disney owns (and that's a LOT). You can check this IGN article about the catalog right now. However, it will be available here only in the very end of March. Though there are ways to watch it even now.

First of all, you will need a VPN, the one that works with Disney+. I'm using Surfshark which I've posted a deal for it earlier here. It is really cheap when compared to other providers (£38.16 for 24 months + 3 months for free). Additionally you can get cashback from Quidco and TCB, which is 70% or more so that saves a lot really.

But a VPN is the easy part, here comes the fun stuff. Now you have to buy the Disney+ subscription which is easier said than done. However, there are ways.

1. You can create a US PayPal account (you will need to use a VPN) and link your own card to the PayPal account.

2. You can get it using iTunes gift cards from Amazon:
  • * Create a US based Apple ID
  • * Get an iTunes gift card from amazon.com
  • * Transfer the money from iTunes gift card to apple ID account
  • * Get the Disney+ subscription through the app using your new apple ID

Same steps work with Google Play account if you happen to have an Android device (US Based account and Google Play gift card).

And voila, you have a Disney+ subscription + ways to actually use it. Here are some points from experience:

• It works on mobile devices better, desktop version is hit or miss
  • Disney is constantly trying to block the ways to bypass its restrictions so you might expect some downtime.
  • Final price I've added is a VPN subscription divided by months (without cashbacks!) + Disney's monthly subscription converted to pounds.

So now, you can watch Mandalorian (which is awesome by the way) and other cool shows.

Finally, here's a helpful subreddit DisneyPlusVPN which helped me to watch Disney+ for myself and to compile this guide. Hope this will be useful
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
They've just today started blocking vpns, so I'd be careful before signing up to either the vpb or Disney+ till you know it'll still work next week.
Entropy198628/11/2019 08:48

They've just today started blocking vpns, so I'd be careful before signing …They've just today started blocking vpns, so I'd be careful before signing up to either the vpb or Disney+ till you know it'll still work next week.

They haven’t just today started blocking, it’s been an ongoing battle between Disney and VPN’s since the trial started. But don’t spend anything you can’t lose here.
Smart DNS service will also work. You can create your own for cheap. buy a cheap VPS and follow this guide.

github.com/ab7…oxy
Edited by: "Sloman" 28th Nov
When will they realise by blocking legal ways to watch stuff in other countries, people will just pirate it. Make it all available and the easiest option, and I'll happily pay. Make me go through hoops to see the things I want to see, I'll torrent it.
Danze198428/11/2019 09:21

When will they realise by blocking legal ways to watch stuff in other …When will they realise by blocking legal ways to watch stuff in other countries, people will just pirate it. Make it all available and the easiest option, and I'll happily pay. Make me go through hoops to see the things I want to see, I'll torrent it.

It will be available to all eventually, it’s just Disney’s hands are tied at the moment due to current contracts. (The reason it’s not in the UK until March is due to a contract with Sky for example.)

Sloman28/11/2019 09:19

Smart DNS service will also work. You can create your own for cheap. buy a …Smart DNS service will also work. You can create your own for cheap. buy a cheap VPS and follow this guide.https://github.com/ab77/netflix-proxy

Spot on. Nobody should be using VPNs to access streaming services as Smart DNS services work better.

Two confirmed still working if someone wants to try them are smartdnsproxy.com/ and getflix.com.au/ . Both offer a free 14 day trial with no payment method required too. I use SmartDNS Proxy and have had no issues.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 28th Nov
Just as a heads up too, don’t get excited about seeing Star wars in HDR on Disney+. It’s been tested and it’s “fake” HDR.
If you have an android phone just install the Disney Plus APK and then VPN to US and you can checkout in GBP via Google Pay - Much eaiser for those who want access now.
Interesting! Got a link to a working APK please mate? I tried one on my phone but it wouldn't open
brj08040228/11/2019 10:26

Interesting! Got a link to a working APK please mate? I tried one on my …Interesting! Got a link to a working APK please mate? I tried one on my phone but it wouldn't open

You need 3 files and the split installer package to install it.

Follow this guide has all the files as well: androidsage.com/201…on/
If this includes all Disney films it’s gonna be pretty decent and far better than Apple TV currently is.
toonsquirel28/11/2019 11:59

If this includes all Disney films it’s gonna be pretty decent and far b …If this includes all Disney films it’s gonna be pretty decent and far better than Apple TV currently is.

Apple TV+ really ain’t great at the moment, I got a year free with the O2 iPhone XR deal recently but it seems it’s only got a select few Apple-produced series unlike Netflix and Prime Video who have their own series along with thousands of other movies and tv shows. I don’t get why anyone would pay £4.99/month for it in its current state.
KyleCroxall28/11/2019 15:00

Apple TV+ really ain’t great at the moment, I got a year free with the O2 i …Apple TV+ really ain’t great at the moment, I got a year free with the O2 iPhone XR deal recently but it seems it’s only got a select few Apple-produced series unlike Netflix and Prime Video who have their own series along with thousands of other movies and tv shows. I don’t get why anyone would pay £4.99/month for it in its current state.

Yeah that’s the problem with Apple TV, I did same with an iPad so got the free year and apart from ‘see’ which is amazing there isn’t anything else I’d watch so with no back catalogue or random movies etc it’s so weak and even 2 months in nothing new is on.
toonsquirel28/11/2019 15:01

Yeah that’s the problem with Apple TV, I did same with an iPad so got the f …Yeah that’s the problem with Apple TV, I did same with an iPad so got the free year and apart from ‘see’ which is amazing there isn’t anything else I’d watch so with no back catalogue or random movies etc it’s so weak and even 2 months in nothing new is on.

I’ve heard good things about ‘See’ so may have to check it out, but yeah if Netflix did the same sort of thing where they only had a few series to choose from I’d likely just torrent what I wanted to watch. The only reason I pay for a subscription rather than torrent on Netflix is purely the convenience of having thousands of movies and series available instantly. I wouldn’t be surprised if most people just torrent what they want to watch from Apple TV+ if it carries on this way.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants