Disney is leaving Netflix ....

Editor 20
Found 9th Aug 2017
Ok ... don't get into too much of a panic, this isn't due to happen until the end of 2019.

But this is a big blow to families who love all their Disney movies, series ... on Netflix. Disney has announced plans to withdraw their content from Netflix and launch their own Disney-branded streaming service in 2019.

Obviously Disney is a big attraction to a lot of Netflix subscribers, will it affect your decision on whether to stay with Netflix?

At least you've a while to think about it.... and i'm sure there will be some more details available before then.

2760773.jpg

Source
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
Isn't this called Disney Life?
Disney pulled out of Netflix in the UK in 2015. That's why in the UK we have Disney Life.

This news relates to USA
PhilQuirke4 m ago

Disney pulled out of Netflix in the UK in 2015. That's why in the UK we …Disney pulled out of Netflix in the UK in 2015. That's why in the UK we have Disney Life.This news relates to USA

2016, but that hasn't stopped most of the UK news sites today re-posting the information at the top of this thread as if it is UK-based!

[ vodzilla.co/blo…uk/ ]
As the market shifts you will see more and more big companies do the same, expect Paramount, Warner etc to follow.
Pretty sure Disney Life launched at £9.99 but had to drop to £4.99 later on, so it can't be doing that amazingly.
i think Netflix's focus is now on generating their own content - not being held to ransom by the big boys - they feel like they can get a lot more for their money by making it themselves
deleted1431257
With these companies taking off and separating content into all these different subscription models, beginning to look better off streaming all the content using sites like putlocker
hass1233 m ago

With these companies taking off and separating content into all these …With these companies taking off and separating content into all these different subscription models, beginning to look better off streaming all the content using sites like putlocker

...or just subscribing to the services legally & to those that interest you.
fanpages15 h, 31 m ago

...or just subscribing to the services legally & to those that interest …...or just subscribing to the services legally & to those that interest you.

The problem is that what used to cost £10 a month, suddenly becomes £30/£40/£50 - so people have two choices, pirate or don't watch; either way, the companies end up losing out.

If @ £10 they were getting say, £1 of that, they're now getting £0 of it.
Calldean1 h, 16 m ago

The problem is that what used to cost £10 a month, suddenly becomes …The problem is that what used to cost £10 a month, suddenly becomes £30/£40/£50 - so people have two choices, pirate or don't watch; either way, the companies end up losing out.If @ £10 they were getting say, £1 of that, they're now getting £0 of it.

Yes, but that is not justification for piracy.

If nobody subscribed to the services at the prevailing rates, then those rates will fall or the packages on offer will be improved/expanded.
Do you know what would be good for the industry? If every film company had there own individual subscription service.

Said no one ever.

Kodi Wooo!
fanpages36 m ago

Yes, but that is not justification for piracy.If nobody subscribed to the …Yes, but that is not justification for piracy.If nobody subscribed to the services at the prevailing rates, then those rates will fall or the packages on offer will be improved/expanded.

I didn't say it was a justification - I said that people have that choice.
Heard Peppa Pig is having her own subscription service at 69p per month. Cheeky pig.
Calldean1 h, 38 m ago

I didn't say it was a justification - I said that people have that choice.

...yet you missed the choice of meeting the increased price of the service subscription.
plugugly21 h, 23 m ago

i think Netflix's focus is now on generating their own content - not being …i think Netflix's focus is now on generating their own content - not being held to ransom by the big boys - they feel like they can get a lot more for their money by making it themselves

Yup, and with all the creative and skilled people in the world, it's not too hard to create something good.

I've seen some of Netflix's animation, and they're great so far!
fanpages6 h, 55 m ago

...yet you missed the choice of meeting the increased price of the service …...yet you missed the choice of meeting the increased price of the service subscription.

/sigh

You're just out for an argument aren't you?

I said, "the problem is that what used to cost £10 a month, suddenly becomes £30/£40/£50"; that means that I'm acknolegeing that people can pay for the serivces, but that it's a PROBLEM. So, to get around this PROBLEM, I gave two options - pirate or don't pay.

It's a problem because people are already shelling out £10 on Netflix, £79 (Per year) on Prime, £10 on spotify/deezer/whatever, £50/60/70 on Sky, £147 quid on TV Licence (Edited for ****holes). See how quickly entertainment bugets bloat? Not many people are in the position of just shelling out more and more for services that used to cost them £10 or so.
Edited by: "Calldean" 10th Aug 2017
Would rather they just make the TV tax compulsory @ £500 a year and give access to all films, TV etc within a week or two of cinema release.

£500 x 65million people gives Spielberg a pretty decent budget.
Calldean1 h, 5 m ago

/sighYou're just out for an argument aren't you?I said, "the problem is …/sighYou're just out for an argument aren't you?I said, "the problem is that what used to cost £10 a month, suddenly becomes £30/£40/£50"; that means that I'm acknolegeing that people can pay for the serivces, but that it's a PROBLEM. So, to get around this PROBLEM, I gave two options - pirate or don't pay.It's a problem because people are already shelling out £10 on Netflix, £79 (Per year) on Prime, £10 on spotify/deezer/whatever, £50/60/70 on Sky, £200 quid on BBC. See how quickly entertainment bugets bloat? Not many people are in the position of just shelling out more and more for services that used to cost them £10 or so.

No. I just don't like inaccurate discussions.

The annual TV Licence fee, for example, is £147.00; not "£200 quid" (& not all of the payment goes to the BBC).
Calldean2 m ago

Oh stop it - you're just being a nit-picking ****hole now. Face it, you're …Oh stop it - you're just being a nit-picking ****hole now. Face it, you're making straw-man arguments to provoke an argument.

Apology accepted.
Hate Disney, don't like some of Netflix subs being wasted on them.

Maybe Disney lovers can subscribe to a on demand service on the disney website at some point.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions