Disney Plus - your thoughts so far?

Posted 25th Mar
Subscribed to Disney Plus to compare with Netflix. I do realise that Disney Plus has just launched and their library will definitely grow over time, but right now, I am inclined of stay with Netflix in the meantime and cancel Disney Plus.
What are your thoughts so far?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

14 Comments
Honest opinion on it is that if you're currently off you should be able to get through everything you want to watch with your weeks free trial

I'll probably jump in and out of subs like I do with nowtv
Edited by: "Maverick77" 25th Mar
Spent all yesterday watching The Simpsons, Doug and Toy Story 4. I'm sure at some point I'll do another run through all the Marvel films. Kids spent some education time watching documentaries too. Can't complain so far.
Maybe it depends on if you have kids or not and what kind of things you personally want to watch. There is plenty of content on Disney Plus, you’ve got all the animated Disney Classics movies, the Pixar back catalogue, there’s lots of stuff to watch. Only you can decide if that content interests you or not.
I can't see it being something i sub to regularly. I already have most of the movies i'd want to watch on bluray, seen the first season of The Mandalorian already and it's now looking like a long time before they bring anything new out. Their new shows already weren't due mostly until next year with a couple at the end of this year but with production shut down for the virus who knows when or even if they will ever come out.
I'm sure ive read that half of US households now subscribe to disney+ :/
Erudite25/03/2020 11:49

Comment deleted

Did it hurt when you fell from the moron tree? Looks like this fruit was matured a bit too much
Sell a slot to reduce your overall cost, therefore making it better value
share services and for pennies you can sub to all/most of the services. Not sure why netflix and disney are competing.....I can see them being a good set of services that most people will sub to. prime video you get part of prime so i think most people will have 3 as standard, more if you inc iplayer, channel 4 thingymebob etc.

as long as sharing between different IP's will be allowed, then all is great. as soon as sharing is stopped, piracy will ratchet up, which i think the companies know. better for people to pay for services and share than people turn to piracy, in which in these times, is easier and more accessible than ever.
I’ve been with Netflix since day one, when that started it wasn’t anywhere near what it’s like now...

ive not looked through all of Disney but the kids seem happy with it so for £34.99 for a year I’m not complaining. I wasn’t impressed with Apple TV and cancelled that even tho it was free for a year...

best off is to keep both, especially if you have family stuck in for the next 3 month...
Thank you all for your contribution...not sure about the sub 100 IQ though.
I took the week trial and not sure I will even take 1 month at the moment. Lots of films already watched on prime / netflix or have on disc and not sure there is that much on there I will be bothered at watching
Very happy, the kids love it!
If it was just for me I would not bother.
Danze198425/03/2020 11:44

Spent all yesterday watching The Simpsons, Doug and Toy Story 4. I'm sure …Spent all yesterday watching The Simpsons, Doug and Toy Story 4. I'm sure at some point I'll do another run through all the Marvel films. Kids spent some education time watching documentaries too. Can't complain so far.

Is the marvel movies in chronological order or some kind of what to watch? I've always wanted to binge them
Honestly we have found ourselves watching more Disney+ than Netflix. A lot of Simpsons and Jeff Goldblum, then many’s a movie.

Would have been all over Mandalorian too if I hadn’t found other ways to watch. Was the best show of last year.

Still enjoy a bit of Netflix (tiger king!) but will surely keep both services.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants