Disney+ quality issue

Posted 14th May
Hi, just this week I bought a Panasonic tx55gz950b which is absolutely awesome. Now, when watching Netflix or Amazon prime video the quality is outstanding but when I try Disney+ via the same 4K firestick the image is washed out and the hue changes constantly even on the same scene. There is obviously some kind of problem, but being a n00b I have no idea what might be going on. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

17 Comments
Sounds like an issue with diesney as an app, will likely take several hours to get through their customer support and troubleshooting, in my experience it took exactly 2 hours just to report an audio issue on their video so I would say clear your afternoon before contacting them
Is it because they have reduced the streaming quality due to corona virus. I heard that a few weeks ago
I don't have an issue with Disney + on my Samsung but the app is bloody slow and the UI isn't very intuitive.
No issues with my Disney+ even with the reduced streaming quality currently.
No issue at all with Disney+, I know all the streaming services are lowering bandwidth so won’t be that. I use Disney through Samsung app, firestick and shield with no issues. Can you not get it direct on the tv? Also have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app or unplugging firestick and plugging back in? What’s your WiFi like on the firestick
Can you not try it through the TV’s native app and see if it’s the same?
Bargainhead15/05/2020 05:42

No issue at all with Disney+, I know all the streaming services are …No issue at all with Disney+, I know all the streaming services are lowering bandwidth so won’t be that. I use Disney through Samsung app, firestick and shield with no issues. Can you not get it direct on the tv? Also have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app or unplugging firestick and plugging back in? What’s your WiFi like on the firestick

I don't think that Panasonic currently have an app for the tx55gz950b. It doesn't happen with anything else but it is glaringly obvious, for example the opening of the rise of Skywalker where the text moves away into the distance is barely readable it is so dull. Then the movie scenes are dull too and the hue to the image flashes back and forth. I will reinstall the app and see if ghat fixes it. Many thanks all for the advice.
I had the same problem while watching the star wars films the colours were very "drained" and the picture was very dark , this was down to the TV swapping the picture mode to HDR , mess around with the settings that's what I did.
aquapiranha15/05/2020 09:31

I don't think that Panasonic currently have an app for the tx55gz950b. It …I don't think that Panasonic currently have an app for the tx55gz950b. It doesn't happen with anything else but it is glaringly obvious, for example the opening of the rise of Skywalker where the text moves away into the distance is barely readable it is so dull. Then the movie scenes are dull too and the hue to the image flashes back and forth. I will reinstall the app and see if ghat fixes it. Many thanks all for the advice.

Are you using Netflix on the tv app or firestick, if the tv it could be bandwidth issue with firestick, also plug firestick into mains, don’t power via usb if you can help it.. have you tried the firestick and app on different tv?

i hope you get it sorted..
Bargainhead15/05/2020 12:18

Are you using Netflix on the tv app or firestick, if the tv it could be …Are you using Netflix on the tv app or firestick, if the tv it could be bandwidth issue with firestick, also plug firestick into mains, don’t power via usb if you can help it.. have you tried the firestick and app on different tv? i hope you get it sorted..

Hi, I am using a 4K firestick in HDMI 1. I tried reinstalling the app but it didn't make any difference. I will have a look if Panasonic have an app yet but I was told they didnt. Many thanks!
aquapiranha16/05/2020 21:38

Hi, I am using a 4K firestick in HDMI 1. I tried reinstalling the app but …Hi, I am using a 4K firestick in HDMI 1. I tried reinstalling the app but it didn't make any difference. I will have a look if Panasonic have an app yet but I was told they didnt. Many thanks!

Try fire stick in a different tv as well just to check it’s not the tv features messing with picture, any tv with hdmi will do...
Bargainhead17/05/2020 06:12

Try fire stick in a different tv as well just to check it’s not the tv f …Try fire stick in a different tv as well just to check it’s not the tv features messing with picture, any tv with hdmi will do...

The same firestick worked without issue in my Sony kdl42w829b. I think it must be the app, since Netflix and Amazon prime work fine on the new TV. Thanks for the advice.
aquapiranha18/05/2020 20:31

The same firestick worked without issue in my Sony kdl42w829b. I think it …The same firestick worked without issue in my Sony kdl42w829b. I think it must be the app, since Netflix and Amazon prime work fine on the new TV. Thanks for the advice.

It’s not the app if it worked on the firestick in a different tv. Is that tv closer to the router, it could be a connectivity problem. I assume Netflix on the new tv is a app on the tv not the firestick if so the problem is between the firestick and the new tv, someone else mentioned it earlier maybe look into that....
Bargainhead18/05/2020 22:12

It’s not the app if it worked on the firestick in a different tv. Is that t …It’s not the app if it worked on the firestick in a different tv. Is that tv closer to the router, it could be a connectivity problem. I assume Netflix on the new tv is a app on the tv not the firestick if so the problem is between the firestick and the new tv, someone else mentioned it earlier maybe look into that....

No the netfix and amazon prime are both onvthe firestick too and there is no issue with them. Panasonic do not yet have an app on their store for disney plus.
Have you tried watching a HDR show on Amazon Prime or Netflix (if you have a Premium Netflix subscription), and are the results similar? Could be an issue with the TV trying to display HDR content, as most of the newer films on Disney+ are in HDR (as well as 4k).
Have you tried going into the app settings and seeing what you can adjust? I dont have the disney app but from experience people don't take a close enough look at app settings in order to set it up.
PenguinsForAll26/05/2020 00:19

Have you tried going into the app settings and seeing what you can adjust? …Have you tried going into the app settings and seeing what you can adjust? I dont have the disney app but from experience people don't take a close enough look at app settings in order to set it up.

I couldn't see any app settings really to be honest but I will have another look when I get home, thanks again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions