Disney+ UK price confirmed - £5.99 a month or £59.99 a year

Posted 21st Jan
3392543.jpgI got an email confirming Disney+ will be £5.99 a month or £59.99 a year (almost a £12 saving compared to 12 consecutive monthly payments if you choose the year subscription)

My question is what is the difference between Disney+ and Disney Life?
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
Disney+ has exclusive content and also supports 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos audio. It’s worth the money for The Mandalorian, but unless you like a lot of Star Wars/Marvel/Disney/Pixar content, or want a nostalgia kick, you’ll likely subscribe to watch a new season of a show that has been uploaded and then unsubscribe again due to a lack of newer content.
I've had Disney + for last few months as I'm virtually in the USA , it's really decent to be fair, loads of content and even better for kids or grandkids.
jez79421/01/2020 14:48

I've had Disney + for last few months as I'm virtually in the USA , …I've had Disney + for last few months as I'm virtually in the USA , it's really decent to be fair, loads of content and even better for kids or grandkids.

I've had Disney Life in the past and it's quite good. Do you know if Disney+ has the live Disney channels like Disney Life does, and does Disney+ offer a free trial as well as being cancel anytime do you know?
andrewworrall121/01/2020 14:51

I've had Disney Life in the past and it's quite good. Do you know if …I've had Disney Life in the past and it's quite good. Do you know if Disney+ has the live Disney channels like Disney Life does, and does Disney+ offer a free trial as well as being cancel anytime do you know?

No live channels. You get a 7 day trial. (I was signed up to the American one until a few days ago).
andrewworrall121/01/2020 14:51

I've had Disney Life in the past and it's quite good. Do you know if …I've had Disney Life in the past and it's quite good. Do you know if Disney+ has the live Disney channels like Disney Life does, and does Disney+ offer a free trial as well as being cancel anytime do you know?

As biddy said, 7 days trial, cancel anytime and no live channels but you get stuff from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star wars and national geographic plus ultra HD and Hdr content.
apparently there is plans to merge Disney life and Disney + eventually..
39728617-9QfPS.jpg
Will this become a smart app on our TV’s? Or will we require a usb stick of some sort?
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 21st Jan
_Whatever_21/01/2020 16:22

Will this become a smart app on our TV’s? Or will we require a usb stick o …Will this become a smart app on our TV’s? Or will we require a usb stick of some sort?

i know Samsung Tvs from 2016 onward's are meant to get the app (not showing on my 2017 model yet mind).

most other smart Tvs should also be getting it but best to google your TV make/model to double check.
dickypreston21/01/2020 16:29

i know Samsung Tvs from 2016 onward's are meant to get the app (not …i know Samsung Tvs from 2016 onward's are meant to get the app (not showing on my 2017 model yet mind).most other smart Tvs should also be getting it but best to google your TV make/model to double check.

Thank you very much hoping it supports 5.1 through the app as have heard people are having issues with this.
Since Disney+ is higher price than Disney life (I didn’t even know Disney life existed til now) do you think those paying £5pm for Disney life will get Disney+ for £5pm as a loyalty bonus? It might be worth signing up to that now? What’s anyone think..
toonsquirel21/01/2020 16:31

Since Disney+ is higher price than Disney life (I didn’t even know Disney l …Since Disney+ is higher price than Disney life (I didn’t even know Disney life existed til now) do you think those paying £5pm for Disney life will get Disney+ for £5pm as a loyalty bonus? It might be worth signing up to that now? What’s anyone think..

I just paid for a subscription to Disney Life using Google Play credit to watch some movies but unfortunately the link between Google and Disney broke. Money taken, service not received. Google refunded me for the subscription and Disney gave me a free month on a new Disney account though.

Shame I won't ever be able to use that Google Play credit (almost £30) on Disney Life again, though
Are all the marvel and Star Wars movies on it?
Can you share this ala Netflix etc?
discozohan21/01/2020 17:09

Are all the marvel and Star Wars movies on it?

Most are, yep. Any not there will appear once other contracts have ended with other services.

g8spur21/01/2020 18:35

Can you share this ala Netflix etc?

Yep. Can have 4 concurrent streams and up to 7 accounts I think.
Is it me or does this make my Sky subscription look even more dated. Can’t wait until I can cancel Sky in June.
I hope the UI is better than that of Disney life. It kept wanting authorised on my phone and fire TV that I stopped using it.
deleted1794535
Craig201822/01/2020 04:45

Is it me or does this make my Sky subscription look even more dated. Can’t …Is it me or does this make my Sky subscription look even more dated. Can’t wait until I can cancel Sky in June.

I think they're going to overwhelmed with cancellations this year.

NowTV will be the real tester as it follows a similar subscription method.

Interesting that they've come in at the same price as Netflix SD basic package but including 4K when available for that cost.

Don't mess with the mouse they mean business!!
Sky will eventually transition to nowtv only. Or for the majority part. But they'll have to remain competitive on the pricing. So many streaming options now, good for the consumer in some ways. But too many services will mean ahoy there!
Biddy221/01/2020 14:33

Disney+ has exclusive content and also supports 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos …Disney+ has exclusive content and also supports 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos audio. It’s worth the money for The Mandalorian, but unless you like a lot of Star Wars/Marvel/Disney/Pixar content, or want a nostalgia kick, you’ll likely subscribe to watch a new season of a show that has been uploaded and then unsubscribe again due to a lack of newer content.

It's worth it for The Mandelorian. But disney will realise that churning out regular content is not easy. Yes, they have their awesome back catalogue but until everything is not on it, which it isn't at the moment due to previous rights deals being signed.
deleted1794535
EN1GMA22/01/2020 15:45

Sky will eventually transition to nowtv only. Or for the majority part. …Sky will eventually transition to nowtv only. Or for the majority part. But they'll have to remain competitive on the pricing. So many streaming options now, good for the consumer in some ways. But too many services will mean ahoy there!

They already have in other countries (SkyX in Austria) fishless subscription.

It'll only work here when they stop convincing people to buy SkyQ boxes they don't own upfront. And now they've extended their Netflix deal further no chance of anything like SkyX here in the next few years.
EN1GMA22/01/2020 15:47

It's worth it for The Mandelorian. But disney will realise that churning …It's worth it for The Mandelorian. But disney will realise that churning out regular content is not easy. Yes, they have their awesome back catalogue but until everything is not on it, which it isn't at the moment due to previous rights deals being signed.

Agreed. Their back catalogue, while extensive, isn’t enough to keep people subscribed unless you have children.

They should have put Fox’s content on there too. The Simpsons is there (in it’s cropped, fullscreen state ) but that seems like all there is.
Is amazon firestick tv gonna be a platform?
Biddy222/01/2020 16:10

Agreed. Their back catalogue, while extensive, isn’t enough to keep people …Agreed. Their back catalogue, while extensive, isn’t enough to keep people subscribed unless you have children. They should have put Fox’s content on there too. The Simpsons is there (in it’s cropped, fullscreen state ) but that seems like all there is.

The Simpsons will be corrected - theverge.com/201…020
Broxy22/01/2020 19:01

Is amazon firestick tv gonna be a platform?

already is
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants