Groups

Disney World holidays

We are a family of 5 planning to visit Florida either next year or the year after, Christmas or Easter time when the kids have two weeks off school but I'm struggling to figure out the best way of booking it. I was hoping someone would be able to answer the following questions

1) Is it best to book a package with the likes of Virgin, or book the hotel direct with disney and then book flights seperately?

2)How much should I be expecting to pay? I did a dummy booking with disney for next easter and it was £3600 for 14 nights at Saratoga Springs with dining plan, disney tickets and $200 gift card but no flights. Virgin wanted £7000 for the Carribean Beach resort! Is this what I should be expecting to pay?

12 Comments

I've just booked for next Sept, with pretty much the same package you had their for two adults and one child, staying ten nights in Port Orleans - it cost £4600 with Virgin. I'll be using my air miles to upgrade us, which was the main reason for using them
    Edited by: "mango.carrot" 8th Apr

We went 10 yrs ago & it was much cheaper to to book separate flights/Disney hotel (i.e. £3k cheaper for 16 nights) ...things may be different now. Look on TripAdvisor & there used to be a U.K. Disney world forum.......

Have fun, it's a great place!!

I'd have thought that 5 of you would do better booking an apartment off site. It's good to have a few days away from the theme parks and take a drive to somewhere else.

claire7519

We are a family of 5 planning to visit Florida either next year or … We are a family of 5 planning to visit Florida either next year or the year after, Christmas or Easter time when the kids have two weeks off school but I'm struggling to figure out the best way of booking it. I was hoping someone would be able to answer the following questions1) Is it best to book a package with the likes of Virgin, or book the hotel direct with disney and then book flights seperately?2)How much should I be expecting to pay? I did a dummy booking with disney for next easter and it was £3600 for 14 nights at Saratoga Springs with dining plan, disney tickets and $200 gift card but no flights. Virgin wanted £7000 for the Carribean Beach resort! Is this what I should be expecting to pay?

If you are looking to save money book a private house with a pool approx £1000 for 2 weeks and look at Norwegian air for flights, have used them new dream liner good service and entertainment.

Have you had a look at airbnb.com bound to find some bargains on there

Original Poster

Thanks everyone I've looked around just wondered if I was missing out on any good deals anywhere, I've spotted a villa for £1100 for the 14 nights (can't believe how cheap it is!! Can't even get a caravan in the uk for that ha ha, think that's going to be the way to go, I'll book flights later

previously we've been through www.florida4less
    I personally prefer to stay on international drive just because you get to much choice restaurants wise. near enough all hotels on Idrive do free shuttles to the parks anyway. If u stay in disney hotel there hotels will only get u buses to disney parks where as idrive shuttle are near enough all parks. tickets wise we tens to use magicaltickets.co.uk they do combined tickets pretty good price so disney/universal/seaworld etc.
    We're also planning to go Nov 2018 and so far researching we have found Thomas Cook to be cheapest for hotel/flights and u also get car hire inc, have a look.

Original Poster

jennamac

previously we've been through www.florida4lessI personally prefer to stay … previously we've been through www.florida4lessI personally prefer to stay on international drive just because you get to much choice restaurants wise. near enough all hotels on Idrive do free shuttles to the parks anyway. If u stay in disney hotel there hotels will only get u buses to disney parks where as idrive shuttle are near enough all parks. tickets wise we tens to use www.magicaltickets.co.uk they do combined tickets pretty good price so disney/universal/seaworld etc. We're also planning to go Nov 2018 and so far researching we have found Thomas Cook to be cheapest for hotel/flights and u also get car hire inc, have a look.

Thanks Jenna, loads of info there, big help! I'll have a look

Hello, are you on facebook? theres a number of closed groups on there with lots and lots of members who can give you lots of hints and tips. Theres also a villa rental page on there too which are registered etc. If you want the group names I can pm you them, unsure if I am allowed to put them on here

Original Poster

hellyl

Hello, are you on facebook? theres a number of closed groups on there … Hello, are you on facebook? theres a number of closed groups on there with lots and lots of members who can give you lots of hints and tips. Theres also a villa rental page on there too which are registered etc. If you want the group names I can pm you them, unsure if I am allowed to put them on here

Yes I'm on Facebook. That would be lovely thanks

claire7519

Yes I'm on Facebook. That would be lovely thanks

Sent you a msg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Phone "Upgrade"36
      2. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?77
      3. I want some backless loafers for men11
      4. I am looking Ryman online discount code33