Disneyland Paris

Found 1st Jun
Hello HUKD,

Just looking for some advice on best prices and options for a stay at Disneyland Paris.

Hoping people with experience of staying there could give me some good pointers, and advice on booking for a stay.

2 Adults, 2 children and an infant. I would say very flexible on dates but I suppose its term times for us.

I really don't know what is our best option to enjoy a stay there at a lower reasonable cost.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to respond.

🏻
Community Updates
10 Comments
The Davy Crockett ranch is best for keeping the costs down. You can self cater and there’s a larger supermarket that’s only a couple of miles away. We used to get to the park early and stay until just before lunch, go home for lunch and then chill out for a bit. We’d go for a swim while the pool was quiet and then go back to the park for dinner and to catch the light show.

We did add the dining package, but you need to book a table in the restaurants as they get busy. Having the dining package meant we could always get an evening meal in the park, but if you’re doing it on a budget then you could cook back at your accommodation.

The only downside of the Crockett Ranch is that you need to have the car and it’s about a 10-15 minute drive. You also end up in the car park which can be quite a walk if you have young kids - it’s about another 10 minute walk easily.

If you stay in the main hotels then there’s shuttle busses to the entrance, but nowhere to cook anything so you’re at the mercy of some very expensive restaurants.

Expect to spend a lot on souvenirs and suchlike and you won’t go far wrong. It’s good fun, but tiring and we really found the time spent back at our accommodation in the middle of the day was great - our kids were 6 and 3 at the time we went.
If you’ve got your heart set on a Disney hotel, then look at this expired thread. As far as I know it is still cheaper to book via the Disneyland Paris French website rather than their UK site.
Just do do a comparison before you book anything.
Disney French website
Is it worth getting fast track passes?
Found this post on a similar thread:

Just back and flew from Edinburgh.. would recommend looking at Santa Fe.. it’s cheaper Disney place but a 10 min walk to park.. we got half board and thankfully we did as eating is very expensive.. 7 Euro for basic breakie they did have mcds at Disney village. Outwith there is a shopping centre And it’s near train station 1 stop to Disney. Might be worth a hotel near that. We pre booked transfers so saved a bit on that too.. most stuff is in French.. English is available at certain times so grab a map ASAP n plan times... in all honesty pay the extra for a Disney hotel as u save time and gain an hour park time as well..

@justanothercid as you’ve been recently, can you help op out on this thread please.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st Jun
We just did local travel agent and booked there however could have looked to save doing separate as flights were easyJet and transfers are independently available.. you can stay off site but I would recommend a Disney hotel especially if you can get dining plan.. i remember the French site being a cheaper way to book tickets so look there as well.

If you want more specific info let me know

probably won’t be back for a while to Disney paris as want to save towards Florida and go so that mouse instead..
If staying at Disneyland itself is a must, Santa Fe and Cheyenne are your cheapest options. Bare in mind, the distance from these hotels to the park are much the same as the park to neighbouring town Val D'Europe, where you can stay at hotels for a fraction of Disney prices.

You will get park tickets included with a Disney hotel and possibly a meal plan of some sort.

I opted to stay in a Residhome aparthotel in Val d'Europe and got a train in and out each day. Train was €1.95 per journey, it was one stop from Disney and took all of 6/7 mins travel time. You get off the train just outside the main bag check into the parks. You cannot go wrong.

Eating and drinking was split between Val d'Europe (which has tons of options as well as a supermarket near by to stock up on water, breakfast and stuff you can bring into the park) and eating in the parks.

If you are flying to CDG, best to hire a private cab to and from your hotel. Think it was around €70 return for us, no issues whatsoever with the driver and for a family of 5, a people carrier to yourselves will be a godsend. Journey took just over 30mins.

Taking the high speed train from airport is only like 10mins journey but roughly €50 return each in advance and you are committing to a particular departure time which is hard to do given there could be a delay etc.

If you are doing Eurostar then you'll be delivered to Disney's door.
Edited by: "juicedtothegills" 1st Jun
Thanks for all the advice so far. It's a little bit of a minefield as we've never done it before so, trying to mix convenience with spending/saving money is the awkward bit.

Thanks for all advice though and any more advice is always welcome 🏻
StoneyWales17 h, 27 m ago

Is it worth getting fast track passes?

It doesn't work like that.

You get fast track by scanning your ticket at a machine by the entrance to the ride and it gives you a time slot to come back. No extra cost involved. Definitely recommend getting a meal plan and book your restaurants in advance (before you go,we had trouble getting some restaurants when we went start of July last year)
Op theres a Facebook page Disneyland Paris - Tips for Brits you can join and you get loads of advice and info on the questions you may have. With kids, would be easier to stay in a Disney Hotel, extra opening time before general public, as they are closer to the Parks versus the non Disney hotels, but you pay a premium for that convenience.

Cant comment on meal, shows, packages, photos - as I travelled as a couple with no kids. Stayed in non Disney hotel which includes shuttle - cheaper for us. Some tips - bring comfortable walking shoes, pack snacks for the family as food prices are crazy inside the parks, book restaurants in advance, get the Fast Pass tickets for the most popular rides. The FP tickets will indicate the time to come back AND when is the next available time to get your second FP at other rides. In between these FP times, do the less popular rides/short queues if u can and plan accordingly with the other adult. Best views of the 5pm parade - in front of the castle across the path so you see the parade starting from your right, and take great pics as they pass by, with the castle in the background. See the dragon under the castle on the left side, not many people know about that. Same spot for fireworks but further back to get full view pics.

Download the official DLP App and MagiPark App (tip from Facebook), and check out ride wait times, photo locations, character meets, shows etc. Expect to spend on souvenirs/merchandise for kids, as lots are unique and cant find in general Disney Store Uk. If you're going in summer, bring sunscreen and insect repellant ! The mozzies can be quite relentless.

WARNING: Watch your belongings as u get unsavoury characters hanging around - you know when you see them trust me.

Enjoy your time!!!
Great advice guys. Really appreciate it, all of it is helpful and useful. Thankyou.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants