Disneyland Paris Help

Posted 11th Jan
Hi,
I am planning on taking the family (2 adults, 4 children aged 9, 7, 4 and 2) to Disneyland Paris this year. I have done a fair bit of readin on line, and just wanted some general advice on how to make the most of it, and get value for money, from other people who have been.

We are aiming to go in May, but can be flexible. Can anyone recommend good dates to go?

I was planning on getting the annual tickets, as I think we are likely to go again within a year. has anyone done this, and is it worth it?

I have read that it is good to go Disneyland for 2 nights and 3 days, does this sound about right?

We line in London, so thinking the easiest way to get there would be Eurostar, not sure which is the best station to depart from?

We do not have a car, and neither of us can drive, so we will be reliant on shuttle bus and public transport, don't mind taking tax's, however the costs goes up, as we usually have to take 2 fit us all in, along with the pushchair.

Not sure what to do bout accommodation. Thinking it might be cheaper to stay outside Disneyland, either in a AirBnB, or a hotel. I like the idea of having a Air BnB, as you get a kitchen, living room etc to relax in. Thinking if we can prepare sandwiches, cook in the evenings etc, it will save a lot of money. Also the problem with a traditional hotel, is due the number of us, we require two rooms, which means that myself and the wife need to split up .With an AirBnB, the kids can stay in their own room(s). Have heard you can get some apartment hotels which may work. Can anone recommend any decent places, with good transport links?

Is there any other tips/advice that anyone can help with?
Much appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
If you can make it for 3 days then you deserve a medal.. One full day or one and half is more than enough.. then spend rest of time in Paris.. lot’s to do, see and eat..
Marco197411/01/2020 12:11

If you can make it for 3 days then you deserve a medal.. One full day or …If you can make it for 3 days then you deserve a medal.. One full day or one and half is more than enough.. then spend rest of time in Paris.. lot’s to do, see and eat..

You can get a train to Paris from the train station outside the park
Marco197411/01/2020 12:11

If you can make it for 3 days then you deserve a medal.. One full day or …If you can make it for 3 days then you deserve a medal.. One full day or one and half is more than enough.. then spend rest of time in Paris.. lot’s to do, see and eat..

It’s 2 nights/3days so won’t get there til half the first day and in the last day won’t see much either so probably less than 2 days at the park which is probably enough. You can blast it off in a day but I went with the mrs and a day was more than enough then went with daughter who was 3 and saw nothing in 2 days cos looking after a kid slows you down so much so with 4 kids this sounds good. Personally though I’ll not go to Paris again for Disney it’s so expensive that you could probably go to Orlando for 2 weeks for the same price as going to Paris for 2 short breaks in the year. The difference between Paris and Orlando/California is so big you can’t compare. We just did Orlando in May with 3 kids 3/9/14 and spent about £7.5k. I doubt you’ll get Paris less than £4k considering 5 Disney passes will cost you more than £2k.
Our £7.5k included 2 week passes for Disney and also universal. Universal itself is far far better than Euro Disney.
toonsquirel11/01/2020 12:49

It’s 2 nights/3days so won’t get there til half the first day and in the la …It’s 2 nights/3days so won’t get there til half the first day and in the last day won’t see much either so probably less than 2 days at the park which is probably enough. You can blast it off in a day but I went with the mrs and a day was more than enough then went with daughter who was 3 and saw nothing in 2 days cos looking after a kid slows you down so much so with 4 kids this sounds good. Personally though I’ll not go to Paris again for Disney it’s so expensive that you could probably go to Orlando for 2 weeks for the same price as going to Paris for 2 short breaks in the year. The difference between Paris and Orlando/California is so big you can’t compare. We just did Orlando in May with 3 kids 3/9/14 and spent about £7.5k. I doubt you’ll get Paris less than £4k considering 5 Disney passes will cost you more than £2k. Our £7.5k included 2 week passes for Disney and also universal. Universal itself is far far better than Euro Disney.

Thats great, I was considering the trade off between Disneyland Paris, and Orlando.I think I would much prefer Orlando. The only problems are the long flights with a 2 and 4 year old. Saying that we went to Philippines last year, and it was bearable. Also, I work for an agency, so don't get paid the days that I do not work. So to take 2 weeks off, might be a it of a strugle, and has to be factored into the overall costs. But it has defo got me thinking
allsa00111/01/2020 13:05

Thats great, I was considering the trade off between Disneyland Paris, and …Thats great, I was considering the trade off between Disneyland Paris, and Orlando.I think I would much prefer Orlando. The only problems are the long flights with a 2 and 4 year old. Saying that we went to Philippines last year, and it was bearable. Also, I work for an agency, so don't get paid the days that I do not work. So to take 2 weeks off, might be a it of a strugle, and has to be factored into the overall costs. But it has defo got me thinking

Have said in a previous thread that if you can do Orlando over Paris then Orlando any day of the week..

It’s the difference between a laser show and fireworks.. we took both kids when they were two and as long as you have things to distract them all on the plane then it’s fine..

If you are doing Paris and can afford to stay on site then that’s the best option as it can be a long day. You can get free dining included which might offset some costs.

We went in January which was a really quiet time but we did have some rain.
allsa00111/01/2020 13:05

Thats great, I was considering the trade off between Disneyland Paris, and …Thats great, I was considering the trade off between Disneyland Paris, and Orlando.I think I would much prefer Orlando. The only problems are the long flights with a 2 and 4 year old. Saying that we went to Philippines last year, and it was bearable. Also, I work for an agency, so don't get paid the days that I do not work. So to take 2 weeks off, might be a it of a strugle, and has to be factored into the overall costs. But it has defo got me thinking

We went with virgin and the flights were no bother, in fact my daughter was 2 in May not 3, she was 3 in august so almost 3. On way there they were so excited and on way back slept due to times but virgin planes all have tv with so much to watch for the kids, plus they come round with drinks n food n ice creams pretty much constantly. My daughter didn’t see Paris any differently to say Alton towers, it was great but not magical like Orlando. Even the weather is as amazing, we have panned on Orlando been a 1 off but it was so good we’ve decided to scrap yearly holidays and instead do Disney every couple of years, we had plans of sea world and gator land and shooting range and kids more stuff but with the 8 parks between Disney and universal and the fact some Paris took 2/3 days all we did for 2 weeks was Disney and universal and that was perfect. Because we paid for the tickets before we went we spent barely anything whilst there. Next time we aren’t gonna do the same we will do all the stuff we missed this time. Then in 4/5 years we’ll do Disney universal again and by then the new universal parks will be built plus all the stuff at Disney that will be changed. If I had the money I’d gladly do Orlando every year. Since I was a kid with parents I’ve went on at least 1 yearly holiday and tried alsorts and nothing compares to Orlando if you’ve kids and it’s perfect for a big mix of kids. If you did Paris only once in the year it’d be cheaper but a short break like that doesn’t feel like a holiday it’s more like a weekend away and no different to going to chesington or Alton towers etc. If I was you I’d go next April/May April be high 20s low 30s temp so probably better with the kids, we went May 7th and temp was 33-36 degrees and I loved that but kids did find it hot so April is best. April also takes the risk of storms away and April is cheapest time too. Virgin have their prices already for May so what we did is looked at prices for every single day of April/May it took a few hours but we saved about £3000 just booking the cheaper dates compared to kore expensive dates. Another tip to save a fortune is get a Revolut card and exchange your £ to $ throughout the year when rates are at their highest. The Revolut card worked everywhere and you barely need cash. We basically bought food and gifts and half of us have coeliac and that cost us so much more so if your all allergy free you could eat far cheaper.
toonsquirel11/01/2020 12:49

It’s 2 nights/3days so won’t get there til half the first day and in the la …It’s 2 nights/3days so won’t get there til half the first day and in the last day won’t see much either so probably less than 2 days at the park which is probably enough. You can blast it off in a day but I went with the mrs and a day was more than enough then went with daughter who was 3 and saw nothing in 2 days cos looking after a kid slows you down so much so with 4 kids this sounds good. Personally though I’ll not go to Paris again for Disney it’s so expensive that you could probably go to Orlando for 2 weeks for the same price as going to Paris for 2 short breaks in the year. The difference between Paris and Orlando/California is so big you can’t compare. We just did Orlando in May with 3 kids 3/9/14 and spent about £7.5k. I doubt you’ll get Paris less than £4k considering 5 Disney passes will cost you more than £2k. Our £7.5k included 2 week passes for Disney and also universal. Universal itself is far far better than Euro Disney.

5 annual passes won’t cost more than £2k. Did you just make that up?

OP - my family have Magic Flex Plus passes for €299 each. I’d recommend this pass as you get 350 days access plus can benefit for the early magic hours when the park is open early just for on site guests. If buying 5 passes you also get 20% discount off the total. More info on annual passes is available on the website - disneylandparis.com/en-…es/

I’d say you need 3 full days if you want to take your time and enjoy it all. It can be quite busy so expect to spend time in queues.

Orlando is cheap in May (flights & accommodation) and the weather is fantastic, but Disney tickets will set you back more than the Paris annual passes. It is however a much better holiday if you can push the boat out.
Another thing for Disney and universal no matter where you go is go to reception and say you have a member with disability, our son has aspergers but is fine but we said he doesn’t like q’s so we got a special q jump and we got on things like flight or the navi (beat ride in world and incredible) we got on with no wait instead of the 3 hour wait for everyone else.
seabs11/01/2020 13:40

5 annual passes won’t cost more than £2k. Did you just make that up?OP - my …5 annual passes won’t cost more than £2k. Did you just make that up?OP - my family have Magic Flex Plus passes for €299 each. I’d recommend this pass as you get 350 days access plus can benefit for the early magic hours when the park is open early just for on site guests. If buying 5 passes you also get 20% discount off the total. More info on annual passes is available on the website - https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/annual-passes/I’d say you need 3 full days if you want to take your time and enjoy it all. It can be quite busy so expect to spend time in queues. Orlando is cheap in May (flights & accommodation) and the weather is fantastic, but Disney tickets will set you back more than the Paris annual passes. It is however a much better holiday if you can push the boat out.

I was talking about the year passes which are €450 each where have you seen full year passes so cheap? My maths might not be awesome but I just assumed 5x€450 as over £2k.
We went for 2 days, that was plenty. Of you want to see the princesses and have a picture taken make sure you go there as soon as it opens otherwise the queues are hours long. There's a train station with decent food outside, don't buy food in Disneyland itself. Its much cheaper outside. We managed to spend £100 as a family of 5 in 2 days including souvenirs! The themed hotels outside are great and literally a 10 min walk away or a quick free bus ride
toonsquirel11/01/2020 13:40

Another thing for Disney and universal no matter where you go is go to …Another thing for Disney and universal no matter where you go is go to reception and say you have a member with disability, our son has aspergers but is fine but we said he doesn’t like q’s so we got a special q jump and we got on things like flight or the navi (beat ride in world and incredible) we got on with no wait instead of the 3 hour wait for everyone else.

So essentially you just lied to jump the queue. Nice one.
toonsquirel11/01/2020 13:40

Another thing for Disney and universal no matter where you go is go to …Another thing for Disney and universal no matter where you go is go to reception and say you have a member with disability, our son has aspergers but is fine but we said he doesn’t like q’s so we got a special q jump and we got on things like flight or the navi (beat ride in world and incredible) we got on with no wait instead of the 3 hour wait for everyone else.

Disney Paris ask for proof, Dr's letters, dla, pop, blue badge that kind of thing. The Americans however don't.
Going from London you be going from St Pancras train station.

The other Eurostsr stations are Ebbsfleet and Ashford, both in Kent.

Some folk take an indirect train and change at Lille for cheaper fare but sometimes it don't work that way.

I had annual passes one year, we did 5 trips... I'll only stay self catering though.

Annual passes give out discount in Disney hotels too... If you do want a Disney meal plan then you only get that if staying in Disney hotel.

Food is expensive out there in the parks.

The longest I've stayed in the area was for 2 weeks, did a few days going into the parks and then we took 5 days off travelling into Paris then after that the rest in the parks. We spent time obviously getting groceries and looking around locally some odd day we may not gone into parks or had half day. I rented an Airbnb that time.

If you never been before well say 4 days be good 1st trip.
Oh and putting it out there carers get in free. I think the disabled annual passes are 10%off or they were few years back.
You can get a green or orange pass with the relevant documentation, which enable you to access the disabled access line or give a return time depending on pass and situation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions