Displaced Clavicle Surgery Yes or No?

After an accident I ended up with a displaced clavicle, long story short I've been told it will eventually heal but the bone won't relocate without surgery so it looks a bit unpleasant!
I've done all the usual googling but can't find much relevant info.
Anyone had this or similar?
My main concerns are the increased risk of arthritus and the actual success of the operation? apart from being terrified of hospitals.!

3 Comments

I've broken the same collar bone 3 times and never had surgery.
The last time, when I was a teenager, it healed with a slight offset at the join.
You wouldn't know it was there unless you were told there was a displacement.

In a couple of years it will be easy for patients to access information such as, which surgeon has the best post op results, how many patients died, etc etc, so as a patient you can make an informed decision about whether to proceed or not.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

I've broken the same collar bone 3 times and never had surgery.The last … I've broken the same collar bone 3 times and never had surgery.The last time, when I was a teenager, it healed with a slight offset at the join.You wouldn't know it was there unless you were told there was a displacement.

Right, thing is I didn't actually break it it just got really badly displaced, so I suppose it's a cosmetic thing as it does look pretty scary.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    3. Better watch out for these...915
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions