Groups

Display chromecast via projector and audio via bt speaker (no sound) (android phone used to cast)

I just purchased chromecast 2 from Currys and have connected it to optoma projector and connected my android phone Bluetooth to speakers but all I can see is the video on the projector but no sound coming from Bluetooth speakers connected.

I also have fire stick where I'm able to split the video and sound but it lacks apps to cast.

Is there a way I can resolve this without wires or an alternative device for android phone.

Thanks

20 Comments

the sound won't come through your phone you've basically sent it to the Chromecast
    I think the only way that would work is if you mirrored the screen

My optoma has a 3.5mm audio out which I use to connect to surround sound, alternatively the optoma should have a built in speaker that you can test the audio through.

As for your firestick, is it connected directly to the projector? I'm sure there must be some way to connect s Bluetooth speaker. I'll look into this.

Original Poster

stefromuk

the sound won't come through your phone you've basically sent it to the … the sound won't come through your phone you've basically sent it to the Chromecast I think the only way that would work is if you mirrored the screen

How do I mirror screen ?

Original Poster

Maverick77

My optoma has a 3.5mm audio out which I use to connect to surround sound, … My optoma has a 3.5mm audio out which I use to connect to surround sound, alternatively the optoma should have a built in speaker that you can test the audio through. As for your firestick, is it connected directly to the projector? I'm sure there must be some way to connect s Bluetooth speaker. I'll look into this.

I have old optoma 700x and looking for wireless solution. Yes fire stick is connected directly into the projector and works like a gem with screen and Bluetooth sound bar.
    The issue I'm having with fire stick is not being able to being able to play videos from my android hence reason went and bought chromecast not realising the issue.

Unless there is an android app that can be installed as cast receiver in firestick or another wireless device that might do the job...

try casting the screen rather than the app. that should keep your Bluetooth speakers working. you will need to keep you android device screen on all the time tho so keep it plugged in. else see if the projector has audio out.

Original Poster

ch7leach

try casting the screen rather than the app. that should keep your … try casting the screen rather than the app. that should keep your Bluetooth speakers working. you will need to keep you android device screen on all the time tho so keep it plugged in. else see if the projector has audio out.

instructions or a link to just cast screen would be handy thanks

nd4spd

How do I mirror screen ?

​not all phones are compatible
    if yours is when you pull down from the top to see your shortcuts like WiFi , Bluetooth etc at the bottom you should see cast screen try it that way.

Original Poster

stefromuk

​not all phones are compatible if yours is when you pull down from the t … ​not all phones are compatible if yours is when you pull down from the top to see your shortcuts like WiFi , Bluetooth etc at the bottom you should see cast screen try it that way.

My mistake I should have stated moto G4 dual sim marshmallows I think is the os. Yes when I pull down the screen I get cast option and Bt connected to soundbar even then no sound out.. Not sure where I'm going wrong.

actually thinking about it I'm not sure it will work at all as your sending everything over to the projector so no sounds even being played through your phone to send to speakers
    or do you have the sound playing on your phone whist it's playing the video on the projector?
    Edited by: "stefromuk" 5th Sep 2016

Original Poster

stefromuk

actually thinking about it I'm not sure it will work at all as your … actually thinking about it I'm not sure it will work at all as your sending everything over to the projector so no sounds even being played through your phone to send to speakers or do you have the sound playing on your phone whist it's playing the video on the projector?

Hi stefromuk there is just no sound when transmitting even on the phone.

that's probably because the projector has no speakers to play the sound and the phone has past sound on to the projector when you cast it .
    chances are it has a audio out connection of some kind on the projector maybe a 3.5 jack plug.
    connect that to something like a Chromecast audio or even to speakers
    Edited by: "stefromuk" 5th Sep 2016

Original Poster

stefromuk

that's probably because the projector has no speakers to play the sound … that's probably because the projector has no speakers to play the sound and the phone has past sound on to the projector when you cast it .chances are it has a audio out connection of some kind on the projector maybe a 3.5 jack plug.connect that to something like a Chromecast audio or even to speakers

I don’t think the projector has audio out as it’s an old model and speakers are across the projector hence running a 3.5 plug was not the option planned... i knew this would not be that straight forward when i asked the lady at the counter in currys.

Firestick splits the video and sound but lacks media player casting apps.

Unless there is another hdmi stick/jailbroken chromecast(does it exist) in market just to cast video from apps such as vlc player or any android media player.

Edited by: "nd4spd" 5th Sep 2016

nd4spd

I don’t think the projector has audio out as it’s an old model and spe … I don’t think the projector has audio out as it’s an old model and speakers are across the projector hence running a 3.5 plug was not the option planned... i knew this would not be that straight forward when i asked the lady at the counter in currys. Firestick splits the video and sound but lacks media player casting apps.Unless there is another hdmi stick/jailbroken chromecast(does it exist) in market just to cast video from apps such as vlc player or any android media player.

​ok
    there's a android app called SoundAbout install that and in the settings it lets you choose where to direct sound no matter what the app wants to do.
    not sure if it mentions Bluetooth but if not set it to speakers then try casting

Its ages since I used BubbleUPnP which might help on the firestick and the phone.

Also try installing Kodi on the firestick which acts as a media streaming player. If you have stuff on your phone you just need to transfer it to your kodi firestick via SD card.

Try LocalCast. It has a feature for routing audio to your phone whilst casting, which may work.

"Route audio to phone" on the "Now playing" screen, to listen to what you … "Route audio to phone" on the "Now playing" screen, to listen to what you are watching on your phone. This feature is in beta: it might work most of the time.

If it doesn't work and you aren't able to find another app that does, then an alternative would be to get an HDMI audio extractor since your projector has no audio out. You could also pair it with a bluetooth audio transmitter, if a connection to your speakers via bluetooth is essential.

Original Poster

stefromuk

​okthere's a android app called SoundAbout install that and in the s … ​okthere's a android app called SoundAbout install that and in the settings it lets you choose where to direct sound no matter what the app wants to do.not sure if it mentions Bluetooth but if not set it to speakers then try casting

This actually worked had to pay £2.99 for pro but does the job Thanks

Original Poster

dreadzone101

Try LocalCast. It has a feature for routing audio to your phone whilst … Try LocalCast. It has a feature for routing audio to your phone whilst casting, which may work.If it doesn't work and you aren't able to find another app that does, then an alternative would be to get an HDMI audio extractor since your projector has no audio out. You could also pair it with a bluetooth audio transmitter, if a connection to your speakers via bluetooth is essential.

This is an option but soundabout app actually does the trick. Thanks

nd4spd

This actually worked had to pay £2.99 for pro but does the job Thanks

​nice one I remember using it once when my son broke his jack plug on his tablet and the sound wouldn't come out of the speakers as it thought headphones were plugged in.

Original Poster

stefromuk

​nice one I remember using it once when my son broke his jack plug on his … ​nice one I remember using it once when my son broke his jack plug on his tablet and the sound wouldn't come out of the speakers as it thought headphones were plugged in.

I didnt even know that something like this existed.. the settings can be a bit fiddly but you cant go much wrong. thanks again

Original Poster

tardytortoise

Its ages since I used BubbleUPnP which might help on the firestick and … Its ages since I used BubbleUPnP which might help on the firestick and the phone. Also try installing Kodi on the firestick which acts as a media streaming player. If you have stuff on your phone you just need to transfer it to your kodi firestick via SD card.

Having used chromecast for few days to beem video after 10min or so was finding connection getting disconnected.. Hence was not as reliable as thought..

So had a go at bubbleupnp using firestick and the results were far more impressive. Definitely in my situation and in my opinion firestick is better than chromecast.

Thanks

Edited by: "nd4spd" 10th Sep 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bathroom suites45
      2. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware48
      3. Dreams bed sale.32
      4. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues35

See more discussions