Groups

Displaying iPhone 4 on tv ?

what is needed to display my ip4 through my tv please ?

The cheapest way ?

Thanks

10 Comments

Banned

If you use resupported4 you need an additional program. Resupported just enables other cables, but ios4 is still really buggy.

To watch espn on my tv, I use resupported4 and displayout. I think you may be able to use the old school landscape tv out program, with resupported4 but I haven't tested this.

Banned

Oh and there's a ten day trial of resupporteed4, but not of displayout

Original Poster

dcx_badass ... the reason I haven't already bought one of these cable is because they say not compatible with 3Gs or iP4 ?

and VB1 - what iDevice do you have please?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yes because they don't have the authentication chip, however resupported4 … Yes because they don't have the authentication chip, however resupported4 removes the need for this. VB1 surely you only need resupported4 and nothing else if you just want to output standard movies.

Okay mate cheers I might as well just buy on of these then

also can you not get resupported4 from a cracked repo ?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Been looking and only found an older version for 4.01 on sinfuliphone, … Been looking and only found an older version for 4.01 on sinfuliphone, I'm on 4.1 though.

suppose we'll just have to wait til the cables come

Banned

Hey,

I'm 4.1 jb on iPhone 4. I use a very old JVC head unit cable which outputs to composite (red/white/yellow vid). Cable not supported on iphones at all supposedly - but is with R4.

You need DisplayOut to output video I *think*. Not sure. Put it this way... I couldn't get anything to work until I installed DisplayOut - but it was 5 to 5, and I was in a rush to get ESPN working - so I may well have bought too much (its only £3 a pop anyway).

This is quoted from the "important notes" section of R4 on cydia...

"Resupported4 will not (by itself) mirror your applications on a TV. You will need DisplayOut to show your devices screen on a TV"

So I assumed, since I got no output without DisplayOut, that Resupported4 just enabled the unsupported cable to work with other JB software?

Original Poster

vibeone

Hey,I'm 4.1 jb on iPhone 4. I use a very old JVC head unit cable which … Hey,I'm 4.1 jb on iPhone 4. I use a very old JVC head unit cable which outputs to composite (red/white/yellow vid). Cable not supported on iphones at all supposedly - but is with R4.You need DisplayOut to output video I *think*. Not sure. Put it this way... I couldn't get anything to work until I installed DisplayOut - but it was 5 to 5, and I was in a rush to get ESPN working - so I may well have bought too much (its only £3 a pop anyway).This is quoted from the "important notes" section of R4 on cydia..."Resupported4 will not (by itself) mirror your applications on a TV. You will need DisplayOut to show your devices screen on a TV"So I assumed, since I got no output without DisplayOut, that Resupported4 just enabled the unsupported cable to work with other JB software?

Yeah that what you wrote at the bottom seems to make sense, you do know that you can get cracked cydia apps don't you?

I will just have to wait for my cable now to see what it's like

What do you think to the quality VB1?

Banned

Yeah I'm not a complete moron dude - but I'd rather pay the indies who've worked to unlock the functionality apple tried to block. It's only £4 anyway, I make enough to cover it like.

The quality is basically lower than SD, but far better than even the best online streams. I only use it for ESPN anyway. Currently Sky give Sky Mobile for free until the end of the year, so its effectively a free ESPN sub.

Quality on everything is pretty good. Menus etc.

I use TVoutTuner (i think it was free on cydia) and an apple component cable I got for £15 off ebay. Works really well.

Original Poster

vibeone

Yeah I'm not a complete moron dude - but I'd rather pay the indies who've … Yeah I'm not a complete moron dude - but I'd rather pay the indies who've worked to unlock the functionality apple tried to block. It's only £4 anyway, I make enough to cover it like.The quality is basically lower than SD, but far better than even the best online streams. I only use it for ESPN anyway. Currently Sky give Sky Mobile for free until the end of the year, so its effectively a free ESPN sub.Quality on everything is pretty good. Menus etc.

Okay mate cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions