Disposable credit card

Posted 30th Mar 2019
I know revolut had the disposable virtual credit card for premium member, however it will cost 7 pounds for monthly subscription

I'm wondering is there other competitors has similar features at a cheaper rates?

thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Disposable cards and virtual cards are different. Virtual card is a regular card account but without the physical plastic. I think what you are looking for is a temporary (disposable) card number linked to one of your real cards? I have not seen this offered in UK but has been available elsewhere for a long time.
bozo0076 m ago

Disposable cards and virtual cards are different. Virtual card is a …Disposable cards and virtual cards are different. Virtual card is a regular card account but without the physical plastic. I think what you are looking for is a temporary (disposable) card number linked to one of your real cards? I have not seen this offered in UK but has been available elsewhere for a long time.

Revolut do indeed offer an in-app disposable virtual card (one at a time for free, charges if you need more). They do come in very useful.
You have to load a card with money aka you already have the money, don't see the point
Haven't ownef a credit card in many many years, never been a problem.
Can you describe the perpose of the card and why it needs to be disposable?
Otherwise it's like you asking for a cheap screwdriver without saying how long/short, flat head , Philips etc etc
There may well be s solution you hadn't considered!
Edited by: "esar" 30th Mar 2019
esar1 h, 54 m ago

You have to load a card with money aka you already have the money, don't …You have to load a card with money aka you already have the money, don't see the pointHaven't ownef a credit card in many many years, never been a problem.Can you describe the perpose of the card and why it needs to be disposable?Otherwise it's like you asking for a cheap screwdriver without saying how long/short, flat head , Philips etc etcThere may well be s solution you hadn't considered!

Security, perhaps? I use PayPal / Google Pay for that purpose.
esar30/03/2019 19:33

You have to load a card with money aka you already have the money, don't …You have to load a card with money aka you already have the money, don't see the pointHaven't ownef a credit card in many many years, never been a problem.Can you describe the perpose of the card and why it needs to be disposable?Otherwise it's like you asking for a cheap screwdriver without saying how long/short, flat head , Philips etc etcThere may well be s solution you hadn't considered!

Yup, the main reason is security. I like revolut's current solutions, it's perfect for me. I'm just thinking it's a bit expensive. I thought starling or Monzo has similar products

Here's some info from revolut:
blog.revolut.com/int…ds/
CharlieBirmingham30/03/2019 23:44

Yup, the main reason is security. I like revolut's current solutions, it's …Yup, the main reason is security. I like revolut's current solutions, it's perfect for me. I'm just thinking it's a bit expensive. I thought starling or Monzo has similar productsHere's some info from revolut:https://blog.revolut.com/introducing-disposable-virtual-cards/

Nope, not seeing it, can you give a specific example where you'd be more secure than a debit card?
esar31/03/2019 04:25

Nope, not seeing it, can you give a specific example where you'd be more …Nope, not seeing it, can you give a specific example where you'd be more secure than a debit card?

Section 75 - credit card protection. In short, anything costing over £100 should always be paid by credit card. It's worth noting that if an item costs from £100 to £30,000 and at least £100 of that item is paid for by credit card you still receive protection on the whole purchase.
OllieSt1 h, 1 m ago

Section 75 - credit card protection. In short, anything costing over …Section 75 - credit card protection. In short, anything costing over £100 should always be paid by credit card. It's worth noting that if an item costs from £100 to £30,000 and at least £100 of that item is paid for by credit card you still receive protection on the whole purchase.

Ah, makes sense now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants