Groups

Distance learning degree

Hi,

I left school after completing my gcse's and did an apprenticeship. I'm now looking at my options being 30 years old and want to try and get a degree. I work full time and am wandering if there's any distance learning courses I could do without having to do A Levels?

Any advice would be great.

Dan

9 Comments

have a look on open university website

If your older then 21 you do not need A Levels to do a degree! I suspect you might need better research skills then you have though

groenleader

If your older then 21 you do not need A Levels to do a degree! I suspect … If your older then 21 you do not need A Levels to do a degree! I suspect you might need better research skills then you have though

Great answer.

IMO night / weekend courses are better than distance learning. Check with your local college / university.
    And if you don't have A-levels it depends what field you are looking to get qualified in. Professional degrees like a BEng which are accredited by professional bodies are harder to get admission to without formal secondary school or foundation qualifications. You may need to start with a HND qualification and then upgrade to a degree.
    Edited by: "dush_yant" 17th Mar

groenleader

If your older then 21 you do not need A Levels to do a degree! I suspect … If your older then 21 you do not need A Levels to do a degree! I suspect you might need better research skills then you have though

Oh, the irony! You need better spelling skills, *you're older, *than 21, *than you have.
    Edited by: "gordies" 17th Mar

borat1234

Hi,I left school after completing my gcse's and did an … Hi,I left school after completing my gcse's and did an apprenticeship. I'm now looking at my options being 30 years old and want to try and get a degree. I work full time and am wandering if there's any distance learning courses I could do without having to do A Levels?Any advice would be great. Dan

Where have you been wandering while working full time?

You clowns, someone is genuinely seeking advice albeit with error in grammar.

OP you should think of getting a specific degree instead of any. What do you want to study?

gordies

Oh, the irony! You need better spelling skills, *you're older, *than 21, … Oh, the irony! You need better spelling skills, *you're older, *than 21, *than you have.

I was educated in Africa

You do not need A-levels at 30 years old to do a degree. I don't know for sure but don't think you can do a degree with your last education being high school. You'll need good GCSEs and possibly some college too. I did an FdA at 26 without any A-levels but had done two college courses beforehand. What do you want to do? What do you want to aim for? No, your grammar isn't perfect but at least you're looking to better yourself. Good on you!
    Edited by: "squiff" 17th Mar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions