Found 16th Sep 2009
Just got back from seeing it, and WOAH WAS I BLOWN AWAY!!!

Any other see-er's out there? Any lovers?

x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
37 Comments

i liked it!

you ******* prawn;-)

Original Poster

wonkey;6312953

i liked it!you ******* prawn;-)

That's what i like to hear my friend call me a prawn all you want - it was too amazing to not love.

yep theres a few threads from last week about how good it was.

I actually couldn't believe that it lived up to the hype and even surpassed it. The best sci fi film I've seen in a while.

another district 9 thread

yes was good.
very good idea well done for 30million

While you was doing that I was watching this.
hotukdeals.com/ite…mm/

P.S No I iz not board init,
I'm gonna go watch this I didn't think it's worth it these films these days are usually hype but definitely eager now!

Original Poster

ants97;6312977

yep theres a few threads from last week about how good it was.I actually … yep theres a few threads from last week about how good it was.I actually couldn't believe that it lived up to the hype and even surpassed it. The best sci fi film I've seen in a while.

I'm totally with you on that. I'd never have seen it if it were not for the hype, and even then it bettered the expectations. Completely agree with you

jasonrat;6312988

another district 9 thread

Yeah yeah yeaaahhhh BUT I NEEDED TO VOICE MY TRUE LOVE FOR THIS FILM, it came outta nowhere and blew me away. Like an invisable prostitute.

loooooovedd it! like nothing ive seen before

Looking forward to District 10!

MisterMarston;6313003

blew me away. Like an invisable prostitute.

ha ha !

DVS_Dee;6313044

Looking forward to District 10!

if only it was out now!

yeh seen it last week. at first i was like OH NO THIS LOOKS BAD lol! but then after about 20 mins i was in the zone! great movie indeed

http://linus.it.uts.edu.au/~don/big/prawn.jpg
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]you've been pwaned![/COLOR][/SIZE]

its good then is it?

It's not allthat. Worth a downlod and watch once but not the greatest of films

i thought it was the worst film I have seen this year and believe me I see alot.....

would say save the cash and use it on a deal on here instead...lol..

wolverine2031;6313667

i thought it was the worst film I have seen this year and believe me I … i thought it was the worst film I have seen this year and believe me I see alot.....would say save the cash and use it on a deal on here instead...lol..

Why is it Number 69 in the all time chart of IMDB then, with 8.5/10?

seriously I have no idea, possibly because its been done by Peter Jackson, though plot line is pretty poor... creatures that almost resemble some thing from the swamp thing or blue lagoon and prawns you would toss back in the sea.......

lets just say... I hope it grows on me but honestly cant see me watching it again, would rather watch Transformers 2 or Outlander.... good luck to any future prawn lovers..... I think I will avoid district 9 coz i like my sea food with out the Prawns...lol...

by the way.... you dont really use IMDB ratings to help you decide to watch a movie do you.....

wolverine2031;6313799

by the way.... you dont really use IMDB ratings to help you decide to … by the way.... you dont really use IMDB ratings to help you decide to watch a movie do you.....

The ratings are quite accurate.

Banned

mint film!

best film I've seen for years and I watch a **** load!

i didnt like it much. I did like how the idea.. with the documentary thing mixed in, but i found 30 minutes in.. the main character was grating on me.. were we supposed to like him or not? ..
I didnt really like the design of the prawns.. they were a bit too sci fi for a movie thats supposed to be realistic. Maybe if theyd made them less green and slimy.
Lost of exploding heads and such though, so cant be all bad.

Banned

Narfette;6314327

i didnt like it much. I did like how the idea.. with the documentary … i didnt like it much. I did like how the idea.. with the documentary thing mixed in, but i found 30 minutes in.. the main character was grating on me.. were we supposed to like him or not? .. I didnt really like the design of the prawns.. they were a bit too sci fi for a movie thats supposed to be realistic. Maybe if theyd made them less green and slimy.Lost of exploding heads and such though, so cant be all bad.

What does a realistic alien look like then:?
:roll:

I really enjoyed it.
Is it wrong that both myself and my wife thought the baby alien was so cute!

wolverine2031;6313798

seriously I have no idea, possibly because its been done by Peter … seriously I have no idea, possibly because its been done by Peter Jackson, though plot line is pretty poor... creatures that almost resemble some thing from the swamp thing or blue lagoon and prawns you would toss back in the sea.......lets just say... I hope it grows on me but honestly cant see me watching it again, would rather watch Transformers 2 or Outlander.... good luck to any future prawn lovers..... I think I will avoid district 9 coz i like my sea food with out the Prawns...lol...

Says alot really

It was so awesome I loved it.
Someone told me it was really ****, but after I watched it, I couldn't believe how good it is =O!

Anyone think there will be a sequel, the ending was sad :'(

Didn't think much of it either.
Main character was very annoying.
Large chunk of storyline has the guy get in the 'transformer' type machine and trying to get the alien dude back to his ship.Running whilst getting shot to bits.Could he not just have turned and shot the hell out of 'em.No,he waited til the end to do that.Would have bin a pretty short movie if he had of done.

Banned

i thought it was utter ****e
The guys accent was enough to drive me insane..

It's obviously a love it or hate it type film,like Dark Knight.Disliked that too.Very dull.

Banned

koppyking;6315249

It's obviously a love it or hate it type film,like Dark Knight.Disliked … It's obviously a love it or hate it type film,like Dark Knight.Disliked that too.Very dull.

It sounds like you've got pretty poor taste in films, to be honest.

That's not a bad thing - without people like you, how would we define good taste:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;6315277

It sounds like you've got pretty poor taste in films, to be honest.That's … It sounds like you've got pretty poor taste in films, to be honest.That's not a bad thing - without people like you, how would we define good taste:thumbsup:

or maybe i don't take a look at the top 100 of IMDB and go . . um yes, i agree.

Banned

koppyking;6315288

or maybe i don't take a look at the top 100 of IMDB and go . . um yes, i … or maybe i don't take a look at the top 100 of IMDB and go . . um yes, i agree.

Of course. But let's not try and paint bad taste as some 'free-thinking' reactionary battle cry.

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Not every film is going to be good, but they still need some people to watch them and you provide that service.

The money you pay might then go to pay for a good movie to be produced so in many ways, you're a hero.

FilthAndFurry;6314394

What does a realistic alien look like then:?:roll:

i thought they were way too cartoony.. like a kids show. Green and slimy with weird bits hanging off.. something a bit more creepy would have been more interesting.. i liked the Aliens in Signs.. something about them was horrifying.
I mentioned this to a friend at the weekend, he seemed to think they were made to look comedic so we could like them / relate to them more. I suppose if they were scary, youd be less inclined to feel sympathy with their situation

I really should get round to watching this as I loved the Halo short movies he directed.

I like Sci-Fi films, but this really was a **** film - very disappointed !

I liked it not the best scifi but something different.

Though I did laugh everytime someone exploded.

wonkey;6312953

i liked it!you ******* prawn;-)

+1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions