Ditched Sky

Found 23rd Sep 2017
Has anyone else ditched Sky? I have and I've wondered why have I been paying them thousands of pounds over the years?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Replaced it with?
No i haven't. But I've often wondered why people do.
I'm about to again
My 75% off and £100 credit ends soon
Currently paying about £18 per month and hardly watch it
There's more to life than sitting on a sofa trying to find something on sky that's not been repeated
Bradleigh29 m ago

I'm about to againMy 75% off and £100 credit ends soonCurrently paying …I'm about to againMy 75% off and £100 credit ends soonCurrently paying about £18 per month and hardly watch itThere's more to life than sitting on a sofa trying to find something on sky that's not been repeated

Love the comment about repeats...I always going that 100+ channels was actually about 20 with +1, +24 making up the bulk. Also lots of God channels and shopping channels. More watchable choice on freeview.
No I haven't.
M19C3 h, 46 m ago

Replaced it with?

Freesat maybe
M19C3 h, 52 m ago

Replaced it with?

We have just bought a smart tv and use iplayer etc on it for catch up and freesat
Edited by: "daletharper" 23rd Sep 2017
Two days ago I cancelled mine, I’ve just downloaded he iptv app on my Samsung smart tv and payed a £45 subscription for the year:) includes every channel imaginable
nrackham762 m ago

Two days ago I cancelled mine, I’ve just downloaded he iptv app on my S …Two days ago I cancelled mine, I’ve just downloaded he iptv app on my Samsung smart tv and payed a £45 subscription for the year:) includes every channel imaginable

Is that even legal?
I’m not too sure. It’s an app on my Samsung smart tv. I’ve not done anything to add the app. Check it out? I’ve paid a subscription too so I’m not too fussed wether it is or isn’t tbh
I’m also using an app on Samsung TV and subscribe to an iptv service, so much cheaper/all channels and great quality!!
nrackham761 h, 37 m ago

I’m not too sure. It’s an app on my Samsung smart tv. I’ve not done anyth …I’m not too sure. It’s an app on my Samsung smart tv. I’ve not done anything to add the app. Check it out? I’ve paid a subscription too so I’m not too fussed wether it is or isn’t tbh

What's the name of this App? And who & how do you make the payment to?
Gollywood5 h, 18 m ago

I would like to know this too?
nrackham768 h, 43 m ago

I’m not too sure. It’s an app on my Samsung smart tv. I’ve not done anyth …I’m not too sure. It’s an app on my Samsung smart tv. I’ve not done anything to add the app. Check it out? I’ve paid a subscription too so I’m not too fussed wether it is or isn’t tbh

What's that app called
Gollywood9 h, 18 m ago

twinkle.eyes4 h, 0 m ago

I would like to know this too?

The app is called IPTV. Search it on your smart tv and it’s there:) when you download it you can see where and how to subscribe:)
nrackham7615 m ago

The app is called IPTV. Search it on your smart tv and it’s there:) when y … The app is called IPTV. Search it on your smart tv and it’s there:) when you download it you can see where and how to subscribe:)

Thanks for the info
Shared netflix, £30 a year, Amazon prime £49 a year student or £79 a year full price I think and freesat.
Loads of content for set up costs and about £100 a year.
I'll do you all a sub for £30 a year. Full sky package, ppvs and foreign sports.
ibblackberry119 m ago

Shared netflix, £30 a year, Amazon prime £49 a year student or £79 a year f …Shared netflix, £30 a year, Amazon prime £49 a year student or £79 a year full price I think and freesat. Loads of content for set up costs and about £100 a year.

That's exactly what I do with a 3 others off this forum . More than enough choice using just Amazon and netflix
Haven't had the tv with them for years or even a tv license I pay £23 a month for broadband and £6 for Netflix ch acer than sky and much better content you don't have to pay a license for streamed content hell even YouTube has better stuff than sky now
twinkle.eyes16 h, 10 m ago

Thanks for the info

Except it's illegal if your happy to go that route it's pirating so just keep that in mind since your IP address shows the stuff your using and your supplier know what your watching. If it's anything pirate related it gets passed along to the police.
Of course people on this forum will deny it saying the police have been saying it for years etc and nobody gets caught which isn't true at all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions