Groups

Ditching my Homehub for my own router?

I've just changed ISP to BT, and was wondering if I'd be able to use my own router instead of the Homehub they provide. I remember when I used to stay at my old man's house, he had a Homehub and I really didn't like it.

Would I be able to just use a DSL modem/router instead? Or is it imperative the Homehub is used?

8 Comments

Can't see why you can't as long as you get the settings. Nothing wrong with the home hub im using though, just signed up myself.

Any ADSL Modem Router should be OK.

Why anybody would choose to use BT as their ISP is beyond me.;-)

Inactive;8067216

Any ADSL Modem Router should be OK.Why anybody would choose to use BT as … Any ADSL Modem Router should be OK.Why anybody would choose to use BT as their ISP is beyond me.;-)

Speed. Account problems on there line and unpaid bills from past tennants, as soon as 12 months is up cheaper places will be found.

Original Poster

Inactive;8067216

Any ADSL Modem Router should be OK.Why anybody would choose to use BT as … Any ADSL Modem Router should be OK.Why anybody would choose to use BT as their ISP is beyond me.;-)

I can't get many internet providers where I live, I've just left Tiscali because my internet has been unusable for the last month. All other providers like Sky, O2 etc offer a service where I live but it works out more expensive than BT.

Will an ADSL2 modem work, or not? This is the first time I've ever bought an ADSL modem.. I was lucky enough to have cable for most of my time on the internet..

Thanks for your reply.

nickw90;8067238

I can't get many internet providers where I live, I've just left Tiscali … I can't get many internet providers where I live, I've just left Tiscali because my internet has been unusable for the last month. All other providers like Sky, O2 etc offer a service where I live but it works out more expensive than BT. Will an ADSL2 modem work, or not? This is the first time I've ever bought an ADSL modem.. I was lucky enough to have cable for most of my time on the internet..Thanks for your reply.

Yes.

Inactive;8067216

do you not like any ISP's other than your own??? :?
    i seem to remember you said exactly the same in my thread yesterday

missp27;8067676

do you not like any ISP's other than your own??? :?i seem to remember you … do you not like any ISP's other than your own??? :?i seem to remember you said exactly the same in my thread yesterday

Indeed I did, and I stand by what I said.

I have not even mentioned my ISP, I just know that there are better quality ISP's available on BT lines.

It only takes a little research;

Try here;

thinkbroadband.com/isp…tml

nickw90;8067238

I can't get many internet providers where I live, I've just left Tiscali … I can't get many internet providers where I live, I've just left Tiscali because my internet has been unusable for the last month. All other providers like Sky, O2 etc offer a service where I live but it works out more expensive than BT. Will an ADSL2 modem work, or not? This is the first time I've ever bought an ADSL modem.. I was lucky enough to have cable for most of my time on the internet..Thanks for your reply.

As stated, Yes it will work.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1936
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764402
      3. The State on Ch434
      4. RIP DOCTOR WHO712

See more discussions