Groups

Dixons- Anyone Had to Return a Faulty Item?

I've had an Advent laptop since August last year and it shuts down of its own accord every now and again.

Put up with it basically because I didn't have the money to put to an exchange for a better one but now I do (from what I gather from Google, Advent's are not good and most people have exhanged theirs for other brands).

Plus, with all the news about DSGi possibly going bust now might be the time to do something about it lol!

Has anyone dealt with their customer service department?

5 Comments

A case of "luck of the draw" imho, however despite being called laptops you should not really put them directly on your lap, i have a "home made" piece of ply with a foam backing for mine, also there is flexing involved when a laptop is handled on an uneven surface which may contribute to premature hardware failure.

If it's any consolation i'm typing this from a 9 year old Advent desktop system, which has yet to die.

[FONT="Verdana"]I had the same problem as you mate - I bought a refurbished Advent 4211 on October 15th last year and it was dead two days after it came through. The catch was the replacement that came through after that was DOA as well! :w00t:

If I remember correctly Dixons will replace immediately within 28 days of purchase but I think you have to go down to route of warranty support for it now but I'm not sure how that one works for sure - the details should be with your netbook and if not check out their website & perhaps give their customer services a phone.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

dsgi are NOT going bust.
    its just this website keeps scaring people into thinking that cos you all hate them!

slackrat77;4238781

dsgi are NOT going bust.its just this website keeps scaring people into … dsgi are NOT going bust.its just this website keeps scaring people into thinking that cos you all hate them!

[FONT="Verdana"]I don't dislike them - dealing with Dixons customer services over the phone was a bit of a struggle but it was the quality of the hardware that I received that had me concerned...two netbooks, with one dying in the first two days showing the symptoms of motherboard failure & the replacement being DOA...that doesn't look good to me with regards to the quality of the hardware refurbishment process that they use.

PS - I never said they were going to go bust.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Scotty Boy;4266060

[FONT=Verdana]I don't dislike them - dealing with Dixons customer … [FONT=Verdana]I don't dislike them - dealing with Dixons customer services over the phone was a bit of a struggle but it was the quality of the hardware that I received that had me concerned...two netbooks, with one dying in the first two days showing the symptoms of motherboard failure & the replacement being DOA...that doesn't look good to me with regards to the quality of the hardware refurbishment process that they use.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]PS - I never said they were going to go bust.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

lol, no-one said you did, read the op
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder55
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411

See more discussions