DIY GAMING PC (Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 590 + 16GB 3000mhz + 480GB SSD) (Ghost Recon Breakpoint or Borderlands 6m GamePass) £589.03 at Partpicker

Posted 12th Dec 2019
EDIT: Includes Ghost Recon Breakpoint or Borderlands 3 + 3 Months XBOX PC GamePass for FREE due to the AMD GPU programme 'AMD Raise the Game'.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/use…K4D

Just in the process of building a mid-tier gaming PC for my little brother as he has started to get in to PC gaming, prices at the moment are fantastic to build your first gaming PC! This PC would have easily cost £900+ back in July when the new Ryzen processors released! Just be aware that you will have to build this your self (video guide in first comment).

Deal link will send you to a PC PartPicker list which may change in price, but at the time of posting the deal, the price for all parts is £589.03 which is an absolute BARGAIN for a PC of this stature.

I've built in the non window version of this PC case and for the price it is amazing, one of my favourite budget PC cases as it comes with two fans, is very quiet and air flow is fantastic.

Bare in mind, the OS is priced at £1.99 as it is a Windows 10 64 Bit Pro key which can be found on Ebay, and is a legit product key that has always worked for me when building multiple PC's in the past. I won't be linking directly to these Ebay deals as I don't want to get in to trouble just in case, but just search for it on Ebay and there's loads on sale, they are just one time use keys which have been stripped off of old PC's/laptops.

Full parts list below in the first comment, with links. Any questions, feel free to ask!

(Closest pre-built PC that I can find with these specs is £150 more expensive and doesn't come with Windows 10 - ebay.co.uk/itm…UfN)
Community Updates

Groups

21 Comments
Edited by: "f2k8" 12th Dec 2019
Heat for the effort, good little rig this for the price!
"and is a legit product key"

Is there a potential issue with the motherboard bios and CPU compatibility as it's warning on the site?
No, the MAX versions of the MSI motherboards are pre flashed from the factory with a bios that supports ryzen 3000 cpus
need a new pc will this play the latest games at decent resolutions?
fozzy1712/12/2019 06:52

need a new pc will this play the latest games at decent resolutions?

Yes. You will easily be able to play most games on very high / ultra
Tbh if it were budget it would be better opting for a 2600 for £50 saving.
Shegan012/12/2019 07:13

Yes. You will easily be able to play most games on very high / ultra

At 1080p 60Hz, yes. And in fairness that's great at this price point.

Does the processor come with any kind of thermal paste or do you have to buy that separately?
hazzabeee12/12/2019 07:27

At 1080p 60Hz, yes. And in fairness that's great at this price point.Does …At 1080p 60Hz, yes. And in fairness that's great at this price point.Does the processor come with any kind of thermal paste or do you have to buy that separately?

Every cooler I've ever purchased has had thermal paste already applied to it, including the coolers supplied with retail CPUs. However for the sake of £5 I'd get some good after market paste and use that instead, one of the best performing pastes is Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut amazon.co.uk/The…3LU
It's cheaper to get one of the AWD motherboard + CPU bundles, you'll get the R5 3600 and the better Tomahawk MAX board about £242.

Also make use of the eBay code to get the cheaper RX 590 if it is still on when you are reading this, will bring that down to £143ish and you still get the game codes.

Probably couple of other ways to improve the spec or bring the price down to, I'll look in more detail later.
Edited by: "Uncommon.Sense" 12th Dec 2019
Ryzen 3600 is a bit overkill for the RX 590. I am currently using a RTX 2070 with mine and it's not being throttled at all. I would recommend saving a bit extra and grabbing a better GPU or get the Ryzen 2600 for some saving
I'm playing the new cod on a ryzen 5 3600 and I have a Navi 5700 according to my averages it's 138fps all settings maxed out @ 1080p if you like higher save a little more and get 5700
Just looking on gpu check and they recommend a 575W power supply for the RX 590. Anybody know how accurate that info is?
micprice12/12/2019 08:49

Just looking on gpu check and they recommend a 575W power supply for the …Just looking on gpu check and they recommend a 575W power supply for the RX 590. Anybody know how accurate that info is?

They always make the recommendation higher than required due to the number of utter pants PSU's that are out there. You only need to look at some of the cheapo 700w models that only have ~480w on the 12v rail, and sometimes not even that. A quality 450w easily handles an RX 590 paired with a Ryzen 6 core CPU.
"...is a legit product key ... they are just one time use keys which have been stripped off of old PC's/laptops."

Which actually makes them illegitimate if you read the Microsoft OEM terms and conditions that the license is meant for that computer and is meant to be retired with it.

"Software preinstalled on device. If you acquired the software preinstalled on a device (and also if you upgraded from software preinstalled on a device), you may transfer the license to use the software directly to another user, only with the licensed device. The transfer must include the software and, if provided with the device, an authentic Windows label including the product key. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software."

At £2 nobody is going to care if their license gets deactivated, but just don't kid yourself that this is legitimate, it 100% is not.
Would this run VR? I have a quest and looking for a VR pc
graphicology12/12/2019 10:21

Would this run VR? I have a quest and looking for a VR pc

Yeah a 590 will run VR on a quest for most games. Some more intensive titles like project cars 2, no mans sky etc will need the settings dialled down a bit
Darkle12/12/2019 09:31

"...is a legit product key ... they are just one time use keys which have …"...is a legit product key ... they are just one time use keys which have been stripped off of old PC's/laptops."Which actually makes them illegitimate if you read the Microsoft OEM terms and conditions that the license is meant for that computer and is meant to be retired with it."Software preinstalled on device. If you acquired the software preinstalled on a device (and also if you upgraded from software preinstalled on a device), you may transfer the license to use the software directly to another user, only with the licensed device. The transfer must include the software and, if provided with the device, an authentic Windows label including the product key. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software."At £2 nobody is going to care if their license gets deactivated, but just don't kid yourself that this is legitimate, it 100% is not.

I had no idea, I've been using these keys since 2016 on multiple builds and not a single one has been deactivated. It is what it is, there is no way I am paying £99 for Windows 10. I'd be happy to spend around £30 which is what it should be priced at.
MrKrabs12/12/2019 10:58

Yeah a 590 will run VR on a quest for most games. Some more intensive …Yeah a 590 will run VR on a quest for most games. Some more intensive titles like project cars 2, no mans sky etc will need the settings dialled down a bit

Brilliant thank you
Aquacadabra12/12/2019 07:24

Tbh if it were budget it would be better opting for a 2600 for £50 saving.

True but I feel that the extra £50 is worth it, look at the increase in performance: youtube.com/wat…7-c
It will kepp you future proofed and ready for a GPU upgrade in the future, and if we keep going along the lines of 'there's a cheaper CPU available for this budget PC' then we will end up at AMD athlons/Intel Pentiums. It isn't about getting the cheapest CPU, it's more about price to performance, that's why I went for the 3600.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants