Groups

DIY/Painting advice, please!

Evening all.

I have just finished painting my daughters bedroom (literally, JUST) and I also have a self adhesive wallpaper border to put up - how long do I need to wait before I can stick it on the painted walls?

Also, where is the 'done' place to stick the border - along the ceiling or along the centre of the wall? Along the ceiling will be much easier to do straight but it also feels like I am hiding it away, but don't know which way will look nicer.

68 Comments

I do prefer the centre of the wall.

Wait till the paint has dried :-)

I'd wait until tomorrow to do it.

Banned

wait till paint is dried, and then it fine to put up, i also prefer middle of wall

Original Poster

hrobo77;4965690

I do prefer the centre of the wall.Wait till the paint has dried :-)

So, can I just wait till it is touch dry, or should I give it longer?

Wanted to ideally do a late night tonight and get it all done, cos the contents of my daughters bedroom are everywhere upstairs!

BTW - centre? I hate you LOL!

Just wait till tommorrow hun.....rest. Chill. You can put the room back together then

And yes centre, centre, centre!!!!

Banned

i would wait till tomorrow, if its still damp and you balls it up you be well peed off

Original Poster

deb8z;4965702

I'd wait until tomorrow to do it.

As above, really just want to get it done, but dont want to mess up the job and end up pulling the paint off the wall should I want to take the border off

sassie;4965703

wait till paint is dried, and then it fine to put up, i also prefer … wait till paint is dried, and then it fine to put up, i also prefer middle of wall

I am really worried that if I go for the middle of the wall I will go round the 3 walls and then the 4th doesn't match up with the first one! :oops:

My daughter has one of those mid-sleeper beds so would really have to do the border above the bed, which may look wrong as it will be high up :thinking:

It is this ]border but I have painted her walls with the pink colour like the border edges

Banned

put it above bed, as long as its not one of those really high bunks it will look ok

Original Poster

So if I do it along the centre, would I need someone to do it with me?

Banned

is it the self adhesive ones? if so doing it alone should be fine

Original Poster

sassie;4965765

is it the self adhesive ones? if so doing it alone should be fine

Yes it is - has anyone got any tips?

Mrs.Z;4965782

Yeah, Don't eat yellow snow

Original Poster

shauneco;4965798

Yeah, Don't eat yellow snow

:w00t:

Banned

Mrs.Z;4965782

yeah, peel it back and stick it on

Doing it in the centre shouldn't be too bad, get a measuring tape, put a few marks on your wall at the height you want it all the way along and off you go.

Centre for sure could you not place behind the bed and if it's a wooden headboard put some on the headboard too not sure if possible or not. I would wipe over with a slightly damp microfibre cloth to help getting rid of any air bubbles. But as previously suggested I would do a do a chalk line to help with getting it straight x

put the border 2.4m (8ft) up the wall , centre is for chavs

sassie;4965703

wait till paint is dried, and then it fine to put up, i also prefer … wait till paint is dried, and then it fine to put up, i also prefer middle of wall

sassie giving tips on painting :w00t:

Banned

owlass;4966221

put the border 2.4m (8ft) up the wall , centre is for chavs :)sassie … put the border 2.4m (8ft) up the wall , centre is for chavs :)sassie giving tips on painting :w00t:

im a soddin expert on it

sassie;4966278

im a soddin expert on it

says she with mixed gloss in the hall :whistling:

Original Poster

Did it in the centre - looks nice :-D

Banned

owlass;4966312

says she with mixed gloss in the hall :whistling:

shut up

Banned

Mrs.Z;4969030

Did it in the centre - looks nice :-D

awww well done, everything back in its place no doubt, im cack at decorating as you will see from big mouths post - lol

Original Poster

sassie;4969047

awww well done, everything back in its place no doubt, im cack at … awww well done, everything back in its place no doubt, im cack at decorating as you will see from big mouths post - lol

Yeah, I did it all last night - fell into bed at 4 this morning!

Looks nice, though

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3165_1149181411340_1281732497_30398423_6514038_n.jpg

Banned

oh hun that looks lovely, well done you x

Banned

It look's gorgeous, your daughter is very lucky to have you.

Original Poster

DLM;4972786

It look's gorgeous, your daughter is very lucky to have you.

I know, would you mind telling her that when she's playing me up? LOL! :giggle:

Original Poster

sassie;4972783

oh hun that looks lovely, well done you x

Aww, thanks - hard work though, just got the living room and kitchen to do - and then onto the passage which seems nigh on impossible with its super high ceiling going up the stairs, but the one that need doing most!

The passage is magnolia at the moment from when we moved in and the paint is messed up - was considering painting the wall a latte colour up to about 6ft and then doing a matching border with both the colours in, but am in 2 minds. :thinking:

Banned

oh hun im sure whatever you choose will be good, im in middle of doing mine, but everything is being donw white, i have had to pay someone to come in and paper and cannot cut in, so everything is white so no overlaps of colour - pmsl, just now need some bright canvas to brighten up - lol

Mrs.Z;4972754

Yeah, I did it all last night - fell into bed at 4 this morning!Looks … Yeah, I did it all last night - fell into bed at 4 this morning!Looks nice, though

awww it looks so girly and pretty well done you xx

I miss my girls being that age lol

Mrs.Z;4972754

Yeah, I did it all last night - fell into bed at 4 this morning!Looks … Yeah, I did it all last night - fell into bed at 4 this morning!Looks nice, though

the border is upside down :roll:

owlass;4973252

oh you're such a tease lol

Original Poster

owlass;4973252

*goes to pull it off and correct it*

Mrs.Z;4973274

*goes to pull it off and correct it*

nooooo lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4973269

oh you're such a tease lol

I sometimes wonder if Owlass' middle name is sarcastic, he as no other sense of humour

Mrs.Z;4973281

I sometimes wonder if Owlass' middle name is sarcastic, he as no other … I sometimes wonder if Owlass' middle name is sarcastic, he as no other sense of humour

Naw I seen him be a sweetiepie lol

I love how you've done the room.. it's gorgeous... I made a mess of my girls room last I tried it... Need your skills!

Banned

i did think the same, but thought i would keep gob well and truly shut

No the pink ones have their little antenna pointing up, it looks lovely

Banned

:oops:

ClarityofMind;4973314

No the pink ones have their little antenna pointing up, it looks lovely

oooops my eys aint that good, thought that was two butterflies :oops:

sassie;4973338

:oops:oooops my eys aint that good, thought that was two butterflies … :oops:oooops my eys aint that good, thought that was two butterflies :oops:

Peering at the photo, it could be two identical butterflies kissing lol

Lovely way to see it

Mrs.Z;4973281

I sometimes wonder if Owlass' middle name is sarcastic, he as no other … I sometimes wonder if Owlass' middle name is sarcastic, he as no other sense of humour

knock knock .....

ClarityofMind;4973291

Naw I seen him be a sweetiepie lol

:? ..... must try harder to put ya off
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491