dj decks advice

Found 30th May 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to a controller and I was looking at the following few models
denon mcx8000
pioneer ddj-rx
pioneer ddj-rz
numark ns7iii

and was just wondering if anyone had advice or experience with the following models
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
it all depends what are you expecting from a gear. standalone, or software, how many channels
denon has a 4 channel mixer and excellent sound quality + features but software to manage music can be naff and its a standalone
pioneer is kinda industry standard and switching from one to another pioneer shouldnt be a problem in the future but the jogs are kinda small
DDJ RZ you will always need a laptop to play unlike denon and xdj
numark not much contact with it personally.
looking at your initial choices you clearly aiming for £1000 budget if not more

have you played before, would you consider something cheaper if you are new to this?
also have you looked at other DVS controllers and the actual DVS's software. perhaps traktor s4 may be a decent and cheaper option
mattsokolinski

it all depends what are you expecting from a gear. standalone, or … it all depends what are you expecting from a gear. standalone, or software, how many channels denon has a 4 channel mixer and excellent sound quality + features but software to manage music can be naff and its a standalonepioneer is kinda industry standard and switching from one to another pioneer shouldnt be a problem in the future but the jogs are kinda smallDDJ RZ you will always need a laptop to play unlike denon and xdjnumark not much contact with it personally.looking at your initial choices you clearly aiming for £1000 budget if not morehave you played before, would you consider something cheaper if you are new to this?also have you looked at other DVS controllers and the actual DVS's software. perhaps traktor s4 may be a decent and cheaper option

i have had experience with some smaller decks just for home and some use for family functions but now have been offered work as a dj for what would now become clients and want to look a lot more professional as opposed to just something quite like basic, I have had used ddj ergo something which is very basic and cheap and looking for something which I will probably finance out for 2 years, seen few websites offering 0% interest, software wise I have been using vdj but i will move to serato/rekordbox ( however you spell it), i have narrowed my choices to the following 4 but willing to look at any other options but I do understand pioneer to be industry standard.

Have been looking predominately at 4 channel mixers purely because some of my mixes do require 3 songs at the same time.

I had some experience with traktor when my friend used his s4 mk1, never really a fan of the software really, decks were pretty nice just the software was something which I never got on with both off keyboard and decks

mixing 3 tracks isnt as easy as it sounds, it requires quite a lot of skill.

look at DDJ RX or RZ but for the slightly higher price you may be able to get denon.
also finance doesnt always work out best often they add 200 quid on top to make it look 0% APR check pricespy.co.uk for best prices
mattsokolinski

mixing 3 tracks isnt as easy as it sounds, it requires quite a lot of … mixing 3 tracks isnt as easy as it sounds, it requires quite a lot of skill. look at DDJ RX or RZ but for the slightly higher price you may be able to get denon.also finance doesnt always work out best often they add 200 quid on top to make it look 0% APR check pricespy.co.uk for best prices

yeah it has taken me about 4 years to do like 5 solid mixes xD

and I shall thanks very much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants