Groups

DJI Phantom 3 standard. Any drone flyers that would recommend this for my first drone?

Been looking at this drone since Christmas waiting for it to drop below £450. I've just received a 20% code from very and I can get it on the site for £359.99, pay within 12 months. I've never had a drone so would this be ideal for a starter, any good or bad opinions will be appreciated. Thank you

5 Comments

Will be fine - my brother did the same. There is an emulator on the controller to get to used to it and beginner modes so it wont fly too far away. Very easy to fly and has a auto-takeoff, land and come home function.

Really easy to fly. No point in practising on other less sophisticated units. This is the market leader.

I think normally the 20% does not apply to electrical items so more likely you will get 10% off which is not great considering the headache of having to set up a credit account with Very. See the small print.

Pro's:
    Easy to fly
    Return "home" once out of range or when battery is due to run out, etc.
    Awesome stable footage
    Comes with spare blades
    Lots of neat features like Follow Me, POI, etc

Cons:
    Expensive
    Video transmission range extremely poor in urban areas
    Not always straight forward to set up / upgrade firmware
    Latest firmware not always the best (not easy to downgrade firmware)

Misc:
    May need to consider:
    Carry case
    Car Charger
    Spare battery
    Modifying with range extender

Conclusion:
    Go for it if you can get it for £360

hold tight, 24th of may theres a big reveal, cheaper mavic and smaller version.

Original Poster

mubashar

Really easy to fly. No point in practising on other less sophisticated … Really easy to fly. No point in practising on other less sophisticated units. This is the market leader.I think normally the 20% does not apply to electrical items so more likely you will get 10% off which is not great considering the headache of having to set up a credit account with Very. See the small print.Pro's:Easy to flyReturn "home" once out of range or when battery is due to run out, etc.Awesome stable footageComes with spare bladesLots of neat features like Follow Me, POI, etcCons:ExpensiveVideo transmission range extremely poor in urban areasNot always straight forward to set up / upgrade firmwareLatest firmware not always the best (not easy to downgrade firmware)Misc:May need to consider:Carry caseCar ChargerSpare batteryModifying with range extenderConclusion:Go for it if you can get it for £360

Thanks for the thorough details. Luckily the voucher works when I added the drone to my basket. They sent me a letter with the code. Maybe because I've not used my account in about a year, so now would be a good time. I'll go ahead with it, you've swayed me, thanks.

Had mine over a year, great piece of kit.

Have a look at the ARGtek antenna kits, effectively doubles the range for £50.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions