Groups

Dlna setup

I've just received my WiDac music streamer but I have no idea how to use the dlna apps to be able to stream to it.

I have searched for articles or YouTube videos but they all relate to using a TV or Xbox.

I have set up my phone (android) as a dlna server, and use something like Bubbleupnp, it sees the phone in my library but there is nothing in the renderer section.

I'm not sure what to put in the networks and settings page as the website says not to use the WiDAC (didn't work when I did try anyway).

Is there a dummies guide out there? Or has someone done this already?

11 Comments

Have you connected to the unit via wifi (look in your phones list of wifi connections)
    It should have a webpage (any webpage you go to should work)
    that comes up asking you for your routers name and wifi password.
    I believe the "renderer" is the WiDac device

Original Poster

Yep, I connect to the Widac WiFi signal, then use the dlna app to start the 'server' then switch over to Bubbleupnp, but it doesn't list it as a renderer...?

Were you able to put your routers ssid name and password into the widac (gives it an ip address on your network)

Original Poster

esar

Were you able to put your routers ssid name and password into the widac … Were you able to put your routers ssid name and password into the widac (gives it an ip address on your network)

Yeah, I tried the WiDAC SSID and the router SSID, I might double check with the router SSID tonight.

What do the instructions tell you to do?
    Don't forget to reboot the widec after you've put in your routers details

Original Poster

esar

What do the instructions tell you to do? Don't forget to reboot the widec … What do the instructions tell you to do? Don't forget to reboot the widec after you've put in your routers details

They just say connect to the WiDAC and then use a DLNA app to connect and then play my music through the app...
    I think as there are lots of different DLNA apps out there they can't advise on how to set that part up.

Original Poster

I'm going to log on to the BT router to see if that can see the WiDAC and see what details it shows on there.

Can you see it in windows as a device?

Original Poster

esar

Can you see it in windows as a device?

Yes, but as soon as I selected my router as the network and entered the pw, it seemed to get lost and I couldn't get anything trying to connect to the I.P address.

In the end I downloaded the Airwire app and it showed up in there and now it also works in BubbleUPnP,

Wish I knew exactly what happened. I'm tempted to remove everything and start over to check.

Write it down if you start over, you might end up helping someone else out!

Original Poster

esar

Write it down if you start over, you might end up helping someone else … Write it down if you start over, you might end up helping someone else out!

Well, I was all set to, removed all the associated apps I had installed and then unplugged the WiDAC
    then plugged it back in to reset. Then I re-added Bubble UPnP and it was there in the list.

I think it all boiled down to me entering the wrong password for the router connection! The software
    for the WiDAC doesn't tell you that you got it wrong and just hangs. Schoolboy error but it would help
    if I knew there was a problem at that point...

Oh I also re-added the DLNA app as that enabled me to make my phone a 'music server' I had to set the root direcories of where the music was or BubbleUPnP coundln't see my music on the phone. It works streaming from Google cloud without any issues though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men44
      2. Phone "Upgrade"47
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions